Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1970s pistol techniques (GRAB MY WRIST!)

So, I just finished watching "A Force Of One" starring Chuck Norris, and I noticed that a lot of people in that movie would point their firearm using their right hand, and then they'd grab their right wrist using their left hand.

I know someone who was born prior to the 70s, and that's how he shoots. (His accuracy is terrible.)

Back in the 70s, did they train people to grab their right wrist with the left hand while shooting?

If so, why?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 9:42pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you sure they were holding the wrist and not cupping the right hand?

Just grabbed my wrist (took me back to Aikido days) and it seems like it pulls your right down and to the left.

Never heard of "grabbing the wrist" stance.

Insert Aikido jokes here >________________________________________

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean that they are holding the pistol in the right hand, and then wrapping all their fingers on their left hand around their right wrist.

Besides for having seen this in movies, I know at least that one guy who does it in real life. He claims that his friend told him to shoot that way.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 9:54pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen the technique mentioned by Applegate in Kill or Be Killed, it was not his preferred method, but this means its been around since at least the second world war.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen it and I am familiar with it. It's garbage, pure and simple. What he's talking about is, for example....you holding your weapon in your strong hand...with JUST YOUR STRONG HAND, then---taking your weak hand and using a cupping-type hold, put it over top of your strong hand's wrist. They falsely believed that it could help control recoil and controllability (is that a word--how about 'recoil management') of the weapon during firing and rapid firing. It's just garbage enough to get your killed, but visually pleasing enough to draw your attention to it for Hollywood to make a big show of it.

Yes we know it...and yes, it's as patently retarded today as it was 30 years ago. :eusa_danc