Awards:
    BBOC - Big Bully on Campus

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to say:

****, most of the cowboys I know can at least fucking barfight......

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 11:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Every one of you giving a braindead nutriding "do Judo" answer (or did so in other newbietown threads, or was thinking of saying it, or probably will say it in the next fucking newbietown thread) should be drawn and quartered.
    Would you bring a bunch of little kids to Pat Miletech's though? What about your wife who might be a little hesitant to go along with the whole learning how to fight idea? Maybe it's got a great environment for familes too, but I pictured it as an adult fighter-centric gym.

It's not a nutriding thing for me (hey, I started Judo when BJJ was still the art to nutride here, tyvm). I just think it's an amazing sport for kids.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Thread Killer

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Would you bring a bunch of little kids to Pat Miletech's though? What about your wife who might be a little hesitant to go along with the whole learning how to fight idea? Maybe it's got a great environment for familes too, but I pictured it as an adult fighter-centric gym.
    Your "picture" (or should I say bias) is even more braindead.

Pat's gym is like any other large commercial gym. All skill levels and ages go there. It's merely happenstance it happens to be

PAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MILETICH.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 2:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fug-I`m not a great typer so relax and pull your panties out your ass.

北斗十字固拳

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 5:59am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't sound like he was interested in MMA, or in getting punched in the face either, for that matter. Despite the fact that YOU think the chance to train with an MMA legend should never be passed by, it doesn't mean that it is the best recomendation for everyone else.

At any rate, it doesn't matter. This guy appears to be a "one and out" poster. Who knows if he was even serious considering that thinly veiled "the race war is coming" talk he was dropping?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Thread Killer

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If JudOWNED was cooking steaks at a barbecue, he would ask each party goer how they wanted their steak cooked. He'd carefully record the choices - rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well, shoe leather...

... Then he'd fire up the coals and cook them all 10 minutes a piece.

Listen:

It's a regular commercial gym.

Regardless of whether this guy is a one off or thinly veiled anything, he wrote he was intimated to go there because

IT'S PAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MILETICH.

My answer isn't so much about training with a legend, but triple underscoring the fact that it's a damn good gym *and* any trepidation over the fact that

IT'S PAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MILETICH

is a stupid reason. What? Do the regular people who go to this gym eat babies or something?

Your answer to the thread? Do Judo.

Do you ever answer anything else to newbies with these questions?
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 9/30/2009 11:04am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

When I Get Back

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Awards:
    BBOC - Big Bully on Campus

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If JudOWNED was cooking steaks at a barbecue, he would ask each party goer how they wanted their steak cooked. He'd carefully record the choices - rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well, shoe leather...

I like this.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 2:22pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There is an objectively correct way to cook steaks, and people who want them overcooked need to be reeducated. As in camps.

Martial arts, not so much.

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Tom, have you started Judo yet?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 3:46pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't we all get along: Pat's school offers judo classes and everything else...

http://www.mfselite.com/training.html
    We offer classes for almost every age! There are basic kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, and judo classes for adults. We also have kickboxing, judo, and wrestling for children. The type of kickboxing offered at MFS is Muay-Thai. Muay-Thai kickboxing is one of the most devastating striking arts. The class will teach a combination of boxing skills, elbows, kicks, and knees. Techniques learned during our kickboxing classes are usually preformed on various pads. “Thai pads” are great for combinations utilizing punches, elbows, knees, and kicks while more square “suitcase pads” are excellent for kicking drills.
    We urge our child students to attend the Dynamo judo program at our school instead of jiu-jitsu. Students in judo learn submission around the age of 13, but are taught a large amount of ground fighting and positioning prior to the submissions. Judo is a modern combat sport that is best known for its spectacular throwing techniques. Judo also uses some submissions similar to jiu-jitsu but its main difference is their use of a Judo-Gi. A Gi is a heavy cotton uniform worn by students and utilized for securing grips and holds on opponents. The use of a Gi translates great into gripping a shirt or jacket for self defense outside of training. While classes vary from location to location, all instructors are thoroughly trained at the head Miletich Training Center in Iowa. Please contact individual schools for specific question about classes and general info regarding their school.
    Last edited by Res Judicata; 9/30/2009 3:52pm at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast