Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Old guy as newbie - I need to learn to fight before I NEED to fight.

I'm an old hippie. I'm 56, about 6'2", 190, not in bad shape, not in real good shape, either. Many years ago I hung out with guys who really studied MA; I was too busy staying loaded to put in the time or the energy to really learn to fight. I learned just enough to make me think I could fight.

I've held my own the few times I've had to stand and fight, but I've never really (save once) had to fight for my life, and I think the time is coming that I'm going to need to know a lot more than I do. I also want my wife and children to learn to defend themselves. We won't all always have weapons within reach, so we need to learn to use our heads, hands, and feet.

We live in the Quad Cities; Pat Miletich is a few miles away. I just don't want to go in and get my ass kicked badly enough to make me NOT want to go back. I'm willing to listen so that I can learn, so I'm going to get some other things done and try to check back here later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for your help. Have a great day today and a better day tomorrow. Stay safe, and may God bless. I wish you His peace.

Dan
    danfrain@mchsi.com

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the time is coming that I'm going to need to know a lot more than I do.
    Why on earth would you think that? That seems like a very strange thing to say.

We won't all always have weapons within reach...
    What are the CCW laws in your state?

Pat Miletich is a few miles away. I just don't want to go in and get my ass kicked badly enough to make me NOT want to go back.
    Train Judo.

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 6:06pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People are buying bullets and guns faster than production rates, hippies want to learn how to throw hands...is there a war coming that I am unaware of?

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People are buying bullets and guns because they all think Obama is going to enact strict legislation on them, which he probably will given half the chance. Plus, there is a bit of an ammo shortage due to the Middle East wars. Otherwise, there is no war coming that I know of, which is why I find his comment passing strange.

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo definitely for your wife & kids. Chances are no one is going to want to "fight" a female, but they will get grabbed and carried off or wrestled down to the floor. As far as kids go, it's a good base art, they can defend themselves in school and not get sued for breaking someone's face, and it lets them 'fight' full-tilt in class without getting punched in the head and messing up their developing brains. Plus it's fun....kids love to wrestle.

Frankly, to me it sounds like you're paranoid and are ripe for being scammed with some bullshit "real self-defense for the streets" type of martial art. Various types of competitive wrestling have been around forever and give you real solid training without trying to sell you something based on the premise that there's a band of rapists or muggers lurking around every corner.

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    56? Man, you are not going to heal well. Having driven by the Militich place going to work for a couple years, I can only say I am sure you would learn alot, if you know nothing now. If you sense any frat boy/ tough guy BS, I would walk away. Never been in there, but I would think they would be professional. I am also older, rolling around will be rough. If you have been okay so far, what are you planning on getting into?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an old fart who works out I can tell you that it's still lots of fun throwing and punching, but getting thrown is too much after several falls. But getting hit isn't any more of a problem than it was decades ago. I just tell 'em, as an old guy, I get to hit and throw hard but they have to be careful with me.

And you do sound paranoid, but then again THE END IS COMING!!!!!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 2:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like your looking for trouble

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are = you're

you possess some and it's yours...
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fucking dittoheads are pathetic. Don't you morons read?

He lives near PAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MILETICH.

He didn't say "near an MFS affiliate". He said

He lives near PAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MILETICH.

Pat runs a regular commercial gym. He even offers Pilates classes for fucksake.

Every one of you giving a braindead nutriding "do Judo" answer (or did so in other newbietown threads, or was thinking of saying it, or probably will say it in the next fucking newbietown thread) should be drawn and quartered.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast