--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savate Training in Paris

I will be traveling to Paris in October for approximately a week and am looking to train some Savate while I am there. Does anyone have any recommendations on savate clubs that I can visit and how I can get in touch with them? If it is possible, I would like to train in a savate club that also teaches either BJJ or Sambo. I have seen some sites for savate training in Paris but they are in French and so a bit of a challenge for me.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in Paris about a month ago, but unfortunately didn't have time to check out any savate schools; I was only there for one day so figured I'd better see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe etc.

If I'd had more time I would have tried to track down Roger LaFond's school:

YouTube - Roger LaFond method of canne, baton and french boxing
    http://www.savate-lafond.com/

He's one of the last real old-school savate and canne masters. I suggest using BabelFish or Google Translate to read the website.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also interested in savate clubs.

*subscribed*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many good clubs in Paris. For your particular request, I'd recommend the Kajyn Club, a centrally located shared amenities space with instruction in a number of martial arts/combat sports, including savate (taught by silver gloves holder, runner-up in the all-France championships), BJJ (taught by a European Cup winning black belt) and Pancrase (taught by European Pancrase champion / pro MMA fighter).
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your advice. The website is in French but I have sent them a note to iget more information.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, the French are also excellent at Judo. Perhaps if you don't find a Savate club, a Judo club would fulfill your training needs.