Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 7:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Soke! Why do these wanna-be samurai always choose “Soke”?

As bad as it was – the reality is Nemeroff’s performance is on par with many you would observe in your typical “Weapons Competitions” at the local American Kurrottee Tournament – except there would be more screaming and it would be set to blaring cheerleading-type music.

Where flashy motions and sword twirling outrank any pretext of what the hell you are supposed to be demonstrating… Japanese Swordsmanship.

As an antidote to that visual indigestion try watching this nicely edited video.

Oh wait - these swordsmen only have mere 8th dan ranking within Muso Shinden Ryu - so Soke N. must better with his 10th dan!
    :eusa_thin
    They use the term "Soke" as an incorrectly translated term for "Founder". "Soke" (and anyone who knows better can correct me if I am wrong) is simply an INHERITER of a system, and they don't have to have neccesarily trained in the Art to inherit it. I.E. If I invented my own Ryu-ha and died tommorrow, I could leave it to my two year old daughter and she would become "Soke". Whereas me, being the inventor, would be called "Kaicho" or, the correct translation and usage of "Founder".

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 12:16am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsensei View Post
    They use the term "Soke" as an incorrectly translated term for "Founder". "Soke" (and anyone who knows better can correct me if I am wrong) is simply an INHERITER of a system, and they don't have to have neccesarily trained in the Art to inherit it. I.E. If I invented my own Ryu-ha and died tommorrow, I could leave it to my two year old daughter and she would become "Soke". Whereas me, being the inventor, would be called "Kaicho" or, the correct translation and usage of "Founder".
    You have no place correcting anyone on their use of Japanese terminology.

You don't even speak Japanese, do you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 1:59am

Style: Kali, Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again, Rod Sacharnoski rears his head. Nemeroff is a Hanshi, 9th Dan in Juko-Ryu Toide. Figures. This is in the Karate/Toide section in the about near the bottom.

http://www.fukasakai.com/?q=toide

The Japanese usage on the page sucks.

http://www.fukasakai.com/

The Kanji he has for Fukasa is just two characters which match the pronunciation but are not used together in Japanese.

The kanji that he uses for the name of his style
    深(fuka)沙(sa) is wrong.

深さ (Fukasa) means depth, profundity
    it is the noun form of the adjective 深い(fukai) which means deep. In conjugating an adjective to a noun with i-adjectives, you drop the -i and add a -sa.

沙(sa) means sand.

The children's program is called 子虎(Kotora)

http://www.fukasakai.com/?q=kotora

He wants it to mean young tigers but it doesn't. Made up.

What can you expect.

Ken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 9:00am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The following is my response from Nemeroff:

Re: Hello Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:11 PM

"C. Nemeroff, Soke" <fukasakai@gmail.com>
    To: (name removed)

Feel free to contact the IOMAU regarding this matter...

http://jukokai.com/IOMAU.html

C. Nemeroff, Soke

It is as we feared, he is one of the Juko-kai guys. So, what do we do about him now? Should we contact the JCC and let them know they have a fraud on their payroll? Or will that even do any good?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:33pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without answering your question, he certainly answered mine in many ways. Could you contact him again and ask him more pointedly about his background and training? Perhaps at a second query he would post a direct answer instead of referring to a website that says nothing of substance. All that I could determine from that site is that he is an authorized instructor for two years.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have said it before, I will say it again; When they call themselves a "So-ke" that's when you know they are a "Jo-ke."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 10:48pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will try again and see if he will give me a more direct answer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 11:01pm

Style: no gi grappling/sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh oh....it appears he has a son. Or at least someone with the same last name and ties to Fukasa Ryu

http://www.aikido-dojo.com/
    Last edited by el dangeroso; 9/28/2009 11:02pm at . Reason: edited to add link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 12:40am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started going through his book looking for more information and noticed that I had overlooked the foreword. I'm going to quote in in its entirety as it answers many, many questions.

"I am sure that anyone who has an interest in the Japanese sword will appreciate this well-written and informative publication. Cary Nemeroff, Soke Shodai (first-generation head founder) of the Fuskasa-Ryu martial arts system, is a highly skilled martial arts master who began training under me in 1977. He continues training on a regular basis, even though he is a founder of his own martial arts style.

Cary has always displayed an above-average ability to learn the martial arts. He excelled at everything he was taught, and many years later became my only student who earned dan ranking in nearly all of the martial arts that I teach and represent. This was quite an achievement on his part.

I introduced Cary to the sword many years ago, and it soon became his favorite weapon. He never missed a sword clinic and even had the honor of training in the early 1990s under Shihan Tomio Nakai of Japan (my last traditional Japanese sword sensei) during one of his training visits for Juko-Kai members.

Cary earned his shihan (master instructor) grading in my sokeship art of juko-ryu iai jutsu/ken-jutsu, and like all head founders, he developed his own sword kata. His forms are a reflection of what he feels his sword art should represent. It is my opinion that he has done a fine job in this respect.

-Rod Sacharnoski, Dai-Soke, Tenth Dan
    President, Juko-Kai International
    Ninth Dan Hanshi, Seidokan Karate, Kobudo and Toide"

Now we know his lineage and teachers. And now we know why his demonstrations are what they are. Don't ever get them wet and never, ever feed them after midnight!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12