Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 4:17pm

Style: Boxing, Grappling, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Kirk,

All the text in yours is exactly the same as in the Paladin book, so I think it is safe to assume that the missing text is too!

There is a short paragraph at the beginning of the book about R. F. Nelligan that is not in yours. There are also six pages of period ads for Spaldings boxing gear at the end of the book

A major difference is that this version has drawings instead of photographs, which are pretty decent and in some cases clearer than the photos.

I would be happy to type up the missing text for you if you'd like, I could also take photos of the missing illustrations (although you can't put them in the book maybe you'd like them for interest?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 5:41pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVigilante View Post
    Hey Kirk,

All the text in yours is exactly the same as in the Paladin book, so I think it is safe to assume that the missing text is too!
    Excellent news.

There is a short paragraph at the beginning of the book about R. F. Nelligan that is not in yours. There are also six pages of period ads for Spaldings boxing gear at the end of the book
    The version I was working from did not have the introductory paragraph. It did have the period advertisements which I chose, this time, to not include. In the past, I have included adverts, but, for some reason I can not articulate, just didn't want to this time.

A major difference is that this version has drawings instead of photographs, which are pretty decent and in some cases clearer than the photos.
    That is unexpected. I suppose it is because the version Paladin republished is the 1928.

I would be happy to type up the missing text for you if you'd like, I could also take photos of the missing illustrations (although you can't put them in the book maybe you'd like them for interest?)
    That would be great! Thanks. If you don't mind, I'll add you to the credits section at the front of the book. Just let me know how you want to be attributed.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 9:24am

Style: Boxing, Grappling, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I've typed up all the text, shall I email it to you? Is the dayton.net address on your YahooGroups postings valid?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 9:59pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVigilante View Post
    Okay, I've typed up all the text, shall I email it to you? Is the dayton.net address on your YahooGroups postings valid?
    Yeah, that addy works. So does my gmail addy: lklawson@gmail.com

If that doesn't work right, I can set up a login for you on my FTP server.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12