Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 11:34pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruptureclothing View Post
    Dude, do you train at Foster's?

Matt's one hell of a good guy. We're going to continue to work with him a LONG time. His documentary is flat-out incredible.

Dunno if you heard - he got ringworm and was hella pissed. I overnighted him long-sleeve rash guards :). I won't mention the school name but apparently the mats were filthy.
    I do and owe Bullshido for showing me the way almost 3 years ago now. I don't want to junk up your thread, so look for a PM.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 11:40pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - First Person Fight in school.-FPS

look at this, its very cheesy and stupid, done by kids play fighting with slap stick sound effects, but if they can do that, imagine what you can.

*starts out with touching gloves*
    *see the other fighter nervously circling you, you are breathing heavily*
    *you attempt a low kick, opponent blocks*
    *he attacks with a jab which shakes the camera up a bit, goes for another jab that is blocked by you, you throw your own 1-2*
    *circling again, opponent feints a jab and smashes you with a cross, camera shoots looking up, you start getting tunnel vision and blurry, get grabbed into a plum and kneed in the face, you try to shoot but get sprawled then judo thrown (so you actually see the camera go upside down during flight and land with a shake and heavy thud)*
    *your opponent has side control and punches you in the face 2 times then you get mounted and he is hammering away, you bridge up and desperately grab on to his mid section and hold him down, you can hear the grunting of your opponent and yourself breathing heavily, vision starts coming back but the knee opened a cut and you have blood in your eyes*
    *ref stands you both up*
    *you throw a low kick that lands, opponent throws a 1-hook, you back off*
    *you throw another lead low kick and switch into a superman punch, flash knocks down your opponent, get mount, GnP, he puts his arms up to protect himself, you armbar*

RUPTURE CLOTHING, MADE FOR FIGHTING.

this is the ad i want to see, about fighting, raw, not trying to be badass, not bla bla bla, and be obvious at the end with your product, you primarily produce fighting rashguards and shorts, this stuff is for fighting and not posing at night clubs.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 11:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniq View Post
    Dude, you need more of your logo in the commercial.
    Its in there a lot...you just need to look for it...

While I appreciate the strategy...oh, what is this commercial selling? Oh, Rupture? Hey, why not, lets check them out...

I still think it should be a bit more Rupture-Heavy. That's just my opinion.

Also, in the LAST shot, where it actively advertises, you should include, "A Genuine American Brand"

again, IMO

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think "a genuine american brand" needs to be a part of the ad logo itself.

if you put "you can beat me" line on any product, i will buy it. shorts, shirt, rash guard, tampons, whatever.

personally, if you do another run of bullshido shorts (i missed the last run) please put that line on there. that summarizes my feelings on fighting so much i can't describe it.

if your next spot stays with the girls fighting, have your female fighter you sponsor do the voice over. and once again, do the line in your next spot. it's hella powerful.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good video actually.

What seperates actual fighters from the legions of fanboys who just want to latch onto the image of fighters?

Several years of training and 6 weeks of fight training just for a fight that may be over in less than a minute.

concept: quick video starts with a fighter in a ring looking across to his opponent. flash to images of him training, specifically GETTING HIS ASS KICKED during fight training. Emphasize the blood, sweat, and tears guys have to go through before being ready to fight. highlight the dedication, and just HOW HARD it is to survive the training before you even get in the ring. Show the pain on the guys face. Show him almost puking. Have the fighter narrate the different injuries he's had while training. Show him thinking he can't go on.

Then go back to the actual fight. Maybe show him knocking his opponent down. Maybe just show the two fighters moving to engage and have the screen fade to black with the rupture logo, with an announcers voice in the background saying "and the winning, via tko in the first round..."

Guys who have been through fight training will relate to this, moreso than casual fans who don't get it.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post

What seperates actual fighters from the legions of fanboys who just want to latch onto the image of fighters?

Several years of training and 6 weeks of fight training just for a fight that may be over in less than a minute.

concept: quick video starts with a fighter in a ring looking across to his opponent. flash to images of him training, specifically GETTING HIS ASS KICKED during fight training. Emphasize the blood, sweat, and tears guys have to go through before being ready to fight. highlight the dedication, and just HOW HARD it is to survive the training before you even get in the ring. Show the pain on the guys face. Show him almost puking. Have the fighter narrate the different injuries he's had while training. Show him thinking he can't go on.

Then go back to the actual fight. Maybe show him knocking his opponent down. Maybe just show the two fighters moving to engage and have the screen fade to black with the rupture logo, with an announcers voice in the background saying "and the winning, via tko in the first round..."

Guys who have been through fight training will relate to this, moreso than casual fans who don't get it.
    that idea is as good as a hot girl paying you to suck your dick.

the highlighted part is exactly why i will NEVER be an ammy mma fighter. i don't have the heart to go through all that ****. but, i love the guys that do, and i'll be their sparring partner any time. capitalize on that. go for being "the real" for fight brands. let people think you don't want business from fanboy tuf nutriding closet cases. reverse psychology is a ************. next thing you know, the very same tuf nutrider will be saying "yeah tapout is for posers, i wear rupture to hooters to watch UFC!"

EDIT: i owe you pushups, epsilon
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 12:53am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The new logo is a huge improvement as well. The more you can differentiate your brand from Aflliction and all of the "me too" companies that are trying to hit that same niche, the better shot you have at being memorable and creating a unique brand identity. Making gear in America out of durable materials is not something that many companies do. Don't let that "go to waste" when it comes to marketing the product.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 1:22am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Rupture Clothing: American Made MMA Gear and Apparel Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post

This is pretty much pure gold.

I'm grateful for all the feedback you guys have provided. This board freaking rocks. I posted the same question on another board and while the video got positive feedback there also, the feedback/advice wasn't nearly as granular, detailed, or innovative.

Thank you guys for helping.

-Nick

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 8:00am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    The new logo is a huge improvement as well. The more you can differentiate your brand from Aflliction and all of the "me too" companies that are trying to hit that same niche, the better shot you have at being memorable and creating a unique brand identity. Making gear in America out of durable materials is not something that many companies do. Don't let that "go to waste" when it comes to marketing the product.
    On this note we should probably get the new logo and any other branding material you have to redo the theme to this forum.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 8:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruptureclothing View Post
    Hey Rafael,

We send out a lot of packages every day. I looked in our system just now and you ordered 3 things, all showing delivered.

I sent you a refund for $45 (shirt cost plus international shipping). It's already in your account. I don't know what happened to your package, but you're taken care of. An email would have been just as effective.

Thanks,

Nick

No problem, Nick, and thank you.
    Got the refund without any further problem.

However, I sent like three emails and a PM
    in the last few months that all but one went unanswered.

- I know you're a honest man and doing a good business.
    Please, don't think of this as more as the usual bully rant.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast