Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tonight is my first night in judo!!!

Today i found out that a few west county yidden take judo at the place that i have been drooling over. Problem is that its in the city and im in the burbs. A few texts and facebook messages and a car pool formed. Now i can make it to judo twice a week no excuses!

This is awesome! Twice a month i get mma/bjj/tkd at my uncle in law's school, now i get judo twice a week.

I'M BACK IN FULL TRAINING!!!!!!!!

What do i need to know for judo class?
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:35pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you will get anxious, then feel your head getting light and find yourself spread eagle lying on your back breathing hard.

dont forget to show your in-laws the blood stains on your gi-pants/mat, then you can try judo.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    What do i need to know for judo class?
    when you are flying through the air, look at the knot on your belt.

i am actually 100% serious.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no such thing as too much ukemi.

You'll probably spend most of your first class falling, this is no accident. Even if a handful of breakfalls are a part of the normal warm-up, show up early and work in some more.

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:42pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm sure you know your ukemi from bjj, but they'll probably jus wanna make sure.

Upon getting thrown... RELAX. Keep that chin tucked and let the (I'm assuming)instinctual ukemi handle the fall.

And have fun.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:43pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When it is time to work on Ippon Seio Nage, don't pair up with the tall guy.

Mings advice is actually dead on. Also, don't hold your breath while falling.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:48pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +2 on Ming's advice.

Good luck at the Dojo tonight and have fun with the newaza if you have been training BJJ. Most of the chokes and armlocks are the same but Judo uses hold downs too as part of competition. And above all else, have fun!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in newaza, go straight to the heel hook, judoka love that.

*that was NOT 100% serious FYI*
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ now, judo/karate then

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo FAQ/Primer - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

"Look at the knot in your belt" might make it's way into the next entry of the Judo FAQ. If I can get any solid info on the state of no-gi judo or competition scoring, that is...
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 3:07pm

Style: Sōsetsuken

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    When it is time to work on Ippon Seio Nage, don't pair up with the tall guy.

Mings advice is actually dead on. Also, don't hold your breath while falling.

This is exactly the person you need to be fitting your forward throws on. seio-nage is the tall-man's nightmare when used by a short dude who knows what he is doing.

You should make it a point to drill and randori with every manner or person available at your dojo and outside of it at other dojos. Sometimes your "money" throw is neutralized by your opponent for no other reason than you are not used to facing off with some one of a different body type...or positions himself a little differently than the guys at your gym.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast