King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And now, the news.

So, as some of you may (or more likely, may not) have noticed, I've dropped off the face of the planet. Mostly because A) I got a girlfriend, B) I'm working 45 hours a week, C) Started Law school at night, and D) Have been trying to fit grappling in there somewhere. And while I hate to spoil Forever Fat, I lack the strength of will it requires to not brag about this until the story catches up.

I. Got. My. Purple Belt.

Whittled down to 3 days a week (Two one hour classes and a Saturday open mat), I thought I'd never see the lavender grace my waist line. But my instructor proved me wrong, by awarding it to me last friday. My girlfriend and I both got promoted, in fact; she reached her second stripe, and I my purple belt. But her accomplishments are another story for another thread.

I take this time to reflect on how long it's been; since my humble start at age 13 to 16, a brief period of delirium, and going from 18 to 20 (now). It's really amazing to look back and say, hey, this belt is five years. Five years of effort, blood, and sweat, and balls. How long it's been, and how many people I've seen! Even the bullies of this very board have changed my grappling game. David Koresh Jr. inspired me to take up no gi chokes, JnP and Zapruder also inspired me to take up leg locks. Daniel, indy007, and the rest of the houston bullies I've sparred with helped both keep my ego in check and keep working my ass off. I still use the moves I learned from Coach Josh.

However, this is all beside the point. The point is a very selfish, egocentric point, that I GOT MY GOD DAMN PURPLE BELT, HELLZ YEA!

That is all.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    So, as some of you may (or more likely, may not) have noticed, I've dropped off the face of the planet. Mostly because A) I got a girlfriend, B) I'm working 45 hours a week, C) Started Law school at night, and D) Have been trying to fit grappling in there somewhere. And while I hate to spoil Forever Fat, I lack the strength of will it requires to not brag about this until the story catches up.

I. Got. My. Purple Belt.

Whittled down to 3 days a week (Two one hour classes and a Saturday open mat), I thought I'd never see the lavender grace my waist line. But my instructor proved me wrong, by awarding it to me last friday. My girlfriend and I both got promoted, in fact; she reached her second stripe, and I my purple belt. But her accomplishments are another story for another thread.

I take this time to reflect on how long it's been; since my humble start at age 13 to 16, a brief period of delirium, and going from 18 to 20 (now). It's really amazing to look back and say, hey, this belt is five years. Five years of effort, blood, and sweat, and balls. How long it's been, and how many people I've seen! Even the bullies of this very board have changed my grappling game. David Koresh Jr. inspired me to take up no gi chokes, JnP and Zapruder also inspired me to take up leg locks. Daniel, indy007, and the rest of the houston bullies I've sparred with helped both keep my ego in check and keep working my ass off. I still use the moves I learned from Coach Josh.

However, this is all beside the point. The point is a very selfish, egocentric point, that I GOT MY GOD DAMN PURPLE BELT, HELLZ YEA!

That is all.
    Nice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:38pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome man, congrats. I read that thread, update it.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations! A winner is you!

YouTube - Respek Knuckles

(I'm just gonna go cry in the corner now because I'm almost five years older than you and still a white belt...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:46pm

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You met your GF at BJJ? was it the chic with huge norgs?

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, actually. My lady asked about grappling, and I misinterpreted that to be a thinly veiled sexual advance. She continued asking until I started showing her moves, which she loved. Then we sparred, and she loved it. She started going to the same school I'm in, and has been training for 4 or so months. She's taken to it very well, and is going 5 to 6 days a week. She has a raw talent to boot, so I'm sure she'll be kicking my ass any time now.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, you should consider changing your autobiographical thread from "Forever Fat" to "Forever Skinny-Ass Crackah." Christ almighty, eat a fucking sandwich you anorexic Nicole Richie lookalike. Jesus, you're like a skeleton wearing a blue circus tent.

I'll bet your girlfriend carries smelling salts when you're both in public because your bony ass keeps swooning like an undersexed Southern Belle.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 11:03pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations!

Care to make any commentary on the changes you've made since you became a blue belt?

Also, glad to hear your gf took up BJJ. Mine has some nice natural talent but doesn't want to practice. So, congratulations on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
    Also, you should consider changing your autobiographical thread from "Forever Fat" to "Forever Skinny-Ass Crackah." Christ almighty, eat a fucking sandwich you anorexic Nicole Richie lookalike. Jesus, you're like a skeleton wearing a blue circus tent.

I'll bet your girlfriend carries smelling salts when you're both in public because your bony ass keeps swooning like an undersexed Southern Belle.
    the man has a point.

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 11:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr.BadGuy is like 5'9 and used to weigh 220+ lb's.

Give the nigga a break god damn it.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 11:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Mr.BadGuy is like 5'9 and used to weigh 220+ lb's.

Give the nigga a break god damn it.
    now he's like 150,

though I shouldn't say anything, I'm 6'3 170...
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast