Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 2:37pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are these fights done after triathlons ?

at least noob spazes try to hit each other all the time. here the fight seemed to go like this:

Small guy: throw leg kick, run away, fail at jabbing, walk away, throw leg kick, run aw...

Big guy: recieve leg kick, chase with punches, give up chasing and wheeze, recieve leg kick, chase with punches, get the other guy down, give up fighting and wheeze

seriously ... i dont want to sound like a cocky kid, but any given spar at my club looks more like a fight than this.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 2:45pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree it was a horrible fight to watch.

I think everyones being a bit harsh on McSweeny though. I mean he was fighting a guy who outweighed him by 50lbs and had an 80 something inch reach.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I agree it was a horrible fight to watch.

I think everyones being a bit harsh on McSweeny though. I mean he was fighting a guy who outweighed him by 50lbs and had an 80 something inch reach.
    McSweeny gassed pretty much as quickly as the Wes guy. He supposedly has a lot of fight experience. He looked like **** except for leg kicks.

If anything people aren't being hard enough on him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah and McSweeny was Rashad's first pick. Is he really one of the best on the show? Good kicks, but otherwise, I don't know. This might turn out to be a really lame season.

On the other, the big guys seem more mellow, so maybe we'll actually see a little more training and a little less house drama bullshit.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 3:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    Yeah and McSweeny was Rashad's first pick. Is he really one of the best on the show? Good kicks, but otherwise, I don't know. This might turn out to be a really lame season.
    He's definitely not. The wrestler from the previous episode, for example, is clearly better. So is Nelson, titties and several other guys.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 3:46pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    McSweeny gassed pretty much as quickly as the Wes guy. He supposedly has a lot of fight experience. He looked like **** except for leg kicks.
    Exactly my thoughts. I heard McSweeny make a comment about going through a camp with Evans...felt like he was in shape, etc. I was stunned when he was just letting the monster guy sit there with hands on knees and catch his breath.

I completely disagreed with the judges' calls. In the first round, Big dude got takedowns, striking looked about even, but McSweeny was backpedaling and actually turned tail and RAN away! WTF. Plus he looked like **** on the bottom, and got caught in a halfass kimura, but still...he was plainly beaten. Taken down by shitty td, and defended against a low-skill submissionist poorly. He got a couple decent leg kicks toward the end of the round, but that's it. Despite all that 2 judges called it 18/16 for McSweeny? Are the judges fucking stupid?
    The second round was closer, and both fighters were ****, but rd 1 was clearly lost by McSweeny.
    At worst it should have gone to rd 3. I think the football guy should have taken it by virtue of sucking slightly less.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 3:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I think the football guy should have taken it by virtue of sucking slightly less.
    Let's not go crazy here.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:07pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you think McSweeney looked better / performed better over the course of the 2 rounds? Honestly? He didn't do anything more than land some leg shots and defend defend defend.

Football was never threatened. McSweeny was threatened.
    Football got Takedowns. McSweeny... pulled guard and defended moderately well given the size differential?
    Football gassed. McSweeny gassed.
    Football got mount and exhibited a minor degree of opponent control. McSweeny exhibited his ability to kick legs (very big, long, slow legs).

OK -I'm pushing it, but really...for a noob vs. skilled fighter scenario, I was extremely dissapointed in McSweeny. I still give it to Football, because McSweeny deserved to lose. Not because Football deserved to win. So there.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:13pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly my thoughts. I heard McSweeny make a comment about going through a camp with Evans...felt like he was in shape, etc. I was stunned when he was just letting the monster guy sit there with hands on knees and catch his breath.

I completely disagreed with the judges' calls. In the first round, Big dude got takedowns, striking looked about even, but McSweeny was backpedaling and actually turned tail and RAN away! WTF. Plus he looked like **** on the bottom, and got caught in a halfass kimura, but still...he was plainly beaten. Taken down by shitty td, and defended against a low-skill submissionist poorly. He got a couple decent leg kicks toward the end of the round, but that's it. Despite all that 2 judges called it 18/16 for McSweeny? Are the judges fucking stupid?
    The second round was closer, and both fighters were ****, but rd 1 was clearly lost by McSweeny.
    At worst it should have gone to rd 3. I think the football guy should have taken it by virtue of sucking slightly less.
    I agree with you on everything, however I would not be surprised if it was a call just to stop the fight altogether. It was simply awful and just to painful to watch. They are trying to promote MMA as a good thing and not giving ninjas ammunition to talk trash about the sport.
    Hell, if I was Dana, I would've walked in between the two of them as they were taking their power naps and stated, "Well, I clearly made a mistake. The two of you have no right to compete in professional MMA competitions. Both of you need to pack your bags and leave."

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you think McSweeney looked better / performed better over the course of the 2 rounds? Honestly? He didn't do anything more than land some leg shots and defend defend defend.

Football was never threatened. McSweeny was threatened.
    Football got Takedowns. McSweeny... pulled guard and defended moderately well given the size differential?
    Football gassed. McSweeny gassed.
    Football got mount and exhibited a minor degree of opponent control. McSweeny exhibited his ability to kick legs (very big, long, slow legs).

OK -I'm pushing it, but really...for a noob vs. skilled fighter scenario, I was extremely dissapointed in McSweeny. I still give it to Football, because McSweeny deserved to lose. Not because Football deserved to win. So there.
    I agree with the conclusion but McSweeny clearly caused more damage. He may not have done "anything more than land a few leg shots." But those leg kicks won the second and inflicted a fair bit of damage via them in the first.

McSweeny deserved to lose and given it was all the more pathetic given their relative experience. That said, while both appeared to suck, Shivers sucked more.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast