Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 6:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im 280lbs. I would do the "fist" pose with Rogan and then knock him out while wearing a tap out t-shirt. Real classy picking on overweight fans or people supporting the business.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 9:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you train?

Then he's not talking about you. Shut up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:45am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    I thought it was because you took the naked way to literally in
    RNC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp View Post
    I'm in 100% agreement with Joe Rogan. It's the reason why I don't wear fight shirts.

This arguement is confusing me.....Are we saying that its alright to wear fight labeled clothing if you yourself are a fighter providing your not an overweight tryhard pansy, or not at all, TapouT is taboo?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowbody View Post
    Im 280lbs. I would do the "fist" pose with Rogan and then knock him out while wearing a tap out t-shirt. Real classy picking on overweight fans or people supporting the business.

Why put the fist up? Why not just smile...Or shake his hand?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    This arguement is confusing me.....Are we saying that its alright to wear fight labeled clothing if you yourself are a fighter providing your not an overweight tryhard pansy, or not at all, TapouT is taboo?

Rogan hates poseurs. Rogan has a history in this sport indicating that he is not a poseur (e.g. commentating for free when the UFC was apparently dying since he really loved mma). Also, I'm betting Rogan gets paid to wear Tapout crap when at UFC events.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 1:46pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    i saw this guy one time, and he was totally, like, wearing a manchester united (insert appropriate team here) jersey, and i, like, talked to him, and he, like, NEVER played with united...what a complete douchebag.

ok, being from Ireland, where mma is just starting to take off, the above seems to sum up this whole thread. I love mma, but it seems to be the only sport (in the US???) where fans take **** for wearing associated gear and not training.
    Someone wrote earlier about how you wouldn't knock someone for wearing their basketball team jersey to a bar, "but you wouldn't expect them to challenge you to a game right there</bad paraphrase>"

I wear my Steelers jersey to bars to watch games, and wave my terrible Towel. I've never been to Heinz stadium though, and clearly have never played American Football.

I dunno. Coming from the UK, I'm used to fucktards wearing soccer jerseys starting fights in pubs, even though most of them haven't played since high school, and then badly.

My girlfriend got me an MMA T-shirt for my birthday, not a major brand, and under-stated. I wear it for events now and then for fun and cos I'm a fan. If someone asked me if I train, I'd admit to just Muay Thai, but state that also I'm a fan so who cares? If someone tried to start a fight with me in a bar cos I wore an MMA shirt to watch an MMA event, I'd treat it just like any other time a fuckwit tries to start a fight in a bar cos they've had too much to drink and think they're the toughest guy there*.

(* scream, puke on them and run for the door shrieking like a slapped kitten)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The issue boils down to honesty, both with other people and with yourself. I own a few MMA shirts, more because I like the design of the shirt than the fact that it is Affliction or Tapout. The difference is that I don't believe that wearing that shirt makes me a badass. If someone sees me and asks me if I would roll with BJ or GSP I tell them that I would, for the experience, but I also caveat that with the fact that I would stand about as much of a chance as my ex-wife trying to ID all the DNA inside her.

Bottom line is that if you are a self aggrandizing douche it doesn't matter which medium you choose to express it. MMA just happens to be the next big thing at the moment. Anyone remember the whole extreme sports thing a couple years back?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678