Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 3:58pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fist thing never really bothers me. Then again, I always feel awkward posing for a photo anyways. Would the fighter choking the fan make more sense? Maybe.
    *shrugs*

When I see MMA clothing, my gut reaction is "He's a douchebag trying to look tough."
    Intellectually, it's just like any other sport. The prime example already given is we don't expect someone that wears a basketball jersey to be good at basketball. Although, it's probably reasonable to assume they have played basketball sometime in their lives.

Of the guys I've trained with for more than a few months, one wears tapout. I'm pretty sure he's a teen. Respectful guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 10:26pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    He's probably too busy correcting the ignorant commentator sitting next to him.
    I wish he'd stop correcting him and GODDAMN CHOKE HIM.

*scratches balls*:la:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 11:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by permahudef View Post
    The fist thing never really bothers me. Then again, I always feel awkward posing for a photo anyways. Would the fighter choking the fan make more sense? Maybe.
    *shrugs*
    I've thought of doing this if I ever find myself in a picture with a fighter. I train BJJ so it seems appropriate/funny.

Some fighter sinking in a RNC on me standing, my face going red and starting to tap while giving the thumbs up... classic.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 8:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by [Tycho?] View Post
    I've thought of doing this if I ever find myself in a picture with a fighter. I train BJJ so it seems appropriate/funny.

Some fighter sinking in a RNC on me standing, my face going red and starting to tap while giving the thumbs up... classic.
    Matt Hughes has recently dealt with troubles resulting from this sort of thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 9:53am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Matt Hughes has recently dealt with troubles resulting from this sort of thing.
    According to Frank Mir and Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell put a RNC on a guy for a picture, and he promptly turned around and sued chuck for whiplash and got 50k. Some people are fucking dicks

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My idols will triangle choke me for a picture or they shall cease to be my idols.

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    My idols will triangle choke me for a picture or they shall cease to be my idols.
    This is exactly why Natalie Portman and Hyori Lee have a restraining order against me.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 9:28am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the wife got me a tap out shirt 4 years ago, i use it to do yard work in. If i have a few friends over for a fight on t.v. i may put it on. I see alot of dudes with the skull affliction shirts, and i asked a guy if he trained in anything who was wearing one, he just said " no but i like the look". Watch one episode of Tool Academy and you'll see why i dont wear those shirts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 9:29am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    This is exactly why Natalie Portman and Hyori Lee have a restraining order against me.
    I thought it was because you took the naked way to literally in
    RNC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i saw this guy one time, and he was totally, like, wearing a manchester united (insert appropriate team here) jersey, and i, like, talked to him, and he, like, NEVER played with united...what a complete douchebag.

ok, being from Ireland, where mma is just starting to take off, the above seems to sum up this whole thread. I love mma, but it seems to be the only sport (in the US???) where fans take **** for wearing associated gear and not training.

People are always complaining that mma is not accepted as a sport (just last week we had a radio show here in Ireland discussing mma in the time-honoured "human cock-fighting" terms) but as soon as the mainstream start to pick up on some of the mma (albeit mostly UFC) "culture", for want of a better term, then its a case of "you dont have the r33l fandom, i am th3 d3adly fan"

if it wern't for casual fans of the sport who don't train, I wouldn't be able to watch UFC on ESPN here.

Oh and I have pictures of me making the fist with Rey Diogo, Rodrigo Meideros (who gave me my blue belt) and Nilson "Pokemon" Lopes, and I dont care:thebirdma
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast