Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 7:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thorthe power View Post
    Or just BS with the dude (say if your lifting at a gym...not a fight training gym) and act like you don't evan know what the shirt means. Act like a total martial noob, and if the dude acts like a idiot talking himself up...he probably has some insecurity issues.

If fighting, UFC/MMA does not even come up in the conversation then he probably just likes the shirt design...and might actually train or compete.

*I still won't wear one though*
    Or **** it, tell the guy you train Ninjutsu and Kenpo, both of which can kick BJJ's ass on the street. Give the guy the most serious look you can muster, the look that says you used Ninjutsu to kill a man, and sip your beer silently with a grim expression on your face and your shoulders and chest popping. The glassier your eyes, the better.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I didn't expect that from Joe Rogan.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    I envy you. It's even worse when their drunk skanky girlfriends walk around the bar mouthing off and picking fights with strangers.

Now I just watch the events at home with a few good friends.
    Every drunk at the sports bar is an expert at striking, grappling, submissions, etc. When all they are really experts at is running their f***ing mouths.

I'm with you I'll watch the fights at home. I end up spending what the fight costs on food and beer if I go out to watch it anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 5:50am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    I think rule of thumb is, if you see people walking around in Tapout or Affliction shirts. It's pretty safe to say they are new fans to MMA sport and don't train. Never met anyone that train that wear Tapout or Affliction shirts.

"I Train MMA and like BJJ and I dont like wear Tapout" = Douchebag.

I hope no one offends you again with there NOOB ignorance.:violent1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 8:14am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    Or **** it, tell the guy you train Ninjutsu and Kenpo, both of which can kick BJJ's ass on the street. Give the guy the most serious look you can muster, the look that says you used Ninjutsu to kill a man, and sip your beer silently with a grim expression on your face and your shoulders and chest popping. The glassier your eyes, the better.

Lol!! :ninjafighI'm getting a t-shirt that says:nobodycar...I'll know what it means:XXjester:

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 9:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All that stuff Joe said was fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 12:08am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Wow, I didn't expect that from Joe Rogan.
    Im just amazed he manages to contain the urge to verbally splurge whilst actually at the UFC events.

Could have something to do with the whole job securiy thing.....:eusa_thin

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 2:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    Im just amazed he manages to contain the urge to verbally splurge whilst actually at the UFC events.

Could have something to do with the whole job securiy thing.....:eusa_thin
    He's probably too busy correcting the ignorant commentator sitting next to him.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 3:17am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I think Joe is a little off base with these comments. Not a lot, but a little. Living in ohio, its hotbed for both training in mma and tools who just buy into mma fashion. There are whole stores in columbus malls that used to be dedicated to skateboarding and other white teenager trends that are full of nothing but tapout and silver star. ****, the spencers even have tapout and deathclutch.

There are alot of tools that are walking logos for the major mma related brands. Usually you can tell who they are because they are either;

A) wearing silver star. I don't know a single person who trains that isn't paid to wear that **** that does.

B) wears affliction. A little harder because alot of their stuff does look nice and the skull-less stuff is still considered almost fashionable

C). looks like they fell out of a plus sized tapout shoot.

guys who train where club t shirts and sponsors t shirts.. Also, since cage fighter and american fighter are both ohio based companies that sponsor alot of fighters around here, I try to give them some love as well if I decide That I actually want to advertise that I train mma. I actually just saw a tapout shirt that I will be getting though, it just says tapout on the front and just has a list of synonyms on the back. Its understated, and it reminds me of a naga shirt I saw.

Also, on the fist up pose, I do that in any picture I am take with any athlete. Its just something to do with your off hand that doesn't look as bored as just letting it hang by your side

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 11:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a good friend who wears Affliction shirts and I'm convinced he doesn't know they are affiliated with MMA. I'm pretty sure that Affliction was just a clothing brand who found a market in MMA after they had been established. So I'm not convinced it's anything more than people wearing what they like. Sure there are fans who wear Tapout, and there are people who I train with who have Tapout as well. I don't think it really matters all too much. You wear what you like and if you like fight T-shirts you wear it, if you don't you don't.

I kinda have my eye on this Fairtex jersey I saw the other day, but I also own some pads and other equipment by them and I really enjoy the product. I like it so i'm gonna wear it. If you don't like it, why the **** are you looking at me anyways hahaha.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast