Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 4:20am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis17 View Post
    I kind of think it's funny you guys expect all these things from people wearing Tapout shirts. I mean it sounds like you guys expect anyone that wears a Tapout shirt to either be training, a fighter or have a large sum of knowledge about MMA. (Just to wear a shirt?)

Maybe there are some people who put on a Tapout shirt and think it makes them tough. But I'd say most jackasses who happen to wear Tapout shirts and want to start stupid fights are jackasses without the shirts on. Which means they'd probably be trying to start fights even without the shirts on. It just doesn't make any sense to me that putting on a shirt is going to somehow change someone's personality. I also don't think it makes sense to stereotype every person based on a clothing label they wear.
    So which one is it tapout or Affliction? Come on you can admit it.:lame:

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 4:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meby View Post
    He is right about the t-shirts. I saw a 300 lb. lady at Walmart wearing a Tapout shirt and I almost died laughing, the only thing she ever tappped out in her life was a chocolate cake.
    Considering how quick that cake went straight to her hips, it might have gotten the take down, you never know... :5eek:
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 4:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    It used to irk me, and is still a running joke in locker rooms, but doesn't anymore. I don't bother them because they're just fans, and I've yet to meet a fan who goes around picking fights because he thinks his shirt endows him with unstoppable fighting abilities.
    Yeah, t-shirts will never compete with marijuana in that arena! :happy7:
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 4:58am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    It used to irk me, and is still a running joke in locker rooms, but doesn't anymore. I don't bother them because they're just fans, and I've yet to meet a fan who goes around picking fights because he thinks his shirt endows him with unstoppable fighting abilities.
    Yeah, t-shirts will never compete with alcohol (or marijuana ala Twister) in that arena! :happy7:

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 5:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    All the effects of "Tap Out"-like clothing are good.

- Support Fighters, sponsorship is seriously one of the only way most fighters can be professional without working another job, its fucked.
    - Spread sport-awareness through idiots seeing other idiots where the shirts which leads to more fans and more money for fighters.
    - More money to fighters makes for a more competitive sport as gifted athletes choose MMA over other sports and also a higher level of competition since fighters can dedicate themselves fully to MMA.
    - Tap Out gear lets you spot douchebags without actually having to talk to them first, this is a HUGE plus. There are a lot of people i would pay money to not have to talk with.
    Yeah, you can always tell fighters or guys who actually train from fan boys because the real guys either wear their gym or TOURNEY tees if they wear anything like that at all. The "been there, done that" shirts.
    Not that I'm against merchandising, far from it. Make a buck any way you can, it's the American Way...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have a 20th anniversary shirt for my kickboxing club and one of our new shirts with a very badass logo on the front that i wear, usually because if im not on my way to/from training im on my way to/from work (i teach people to box, so...)

never seen someone wear a tapout/affliction shirt here. almost zero knowledge of MMA in new zealand really.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Yeah, you can always tell fighters or guys who actually train from fan boys because the real guys either wear their gym or TOURNEY tees if they wear anything like that at all. The "been there, done that" shirts.
    Incorrect.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, if what you object to is that the guy in the shirt doesn't know about Fedor and is therefore not knowledgeable enough to be a fan of the sport, the simple solution would be to let him tell you about why Chuck Liddell is is favorite fighter, and then you tell him about your favorite.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 5:45am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or just BS with the dude (say if your lifting at a gym...not a fight training gym) and act like you don't evan know what the shirt means. Act like a total martial noob, and if the dude acts like a idiot talking himself up...he probably has some insecurity issues.

If fighting, UFC/MMA does not even come up in the conversation then he probably just likes the shirt design...and might actually train or compete.

*I still won't wear one though*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 7:35am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've got a couple of sprawl shirts i wear... nobody seems to have any idea what the **** sprawl is so it's all good.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast