Hell yeah! Hell no!

Steve Cofield: "Rogan Bites The Hand That Feeds Him"

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "These days everyone’s phone has a camera, and everyone wants a picture of them holding their fist up standing next to Randy Couture on their facebook page. That is easily one of the weirdest and goofiest things about MMA fans; the fist-up pose with the fighter. I can’t think of another sport that has a pose that the fans take when they get pictures with the athletes where they mimic the activity they enjoy watching. It’s not just a few guys striking this dopey pose, either. It’s the majority. I can completely understand if you’re a fighter yourself, and you want an image of camaraderie with one of your sporting idols, but if you’re an overweight short order cook who’s never even taken a tae bo class, do the world a favor and keep your [expletive] fist un-balled when you’re standing next to Anderson Silva."
    Another unintentionally hilarious aspect of the MMA culture is the abundance of retarded macho “fight wear” T-shirts. The enormous financial success of enterprising clothing companies like “Tapout” have given birth to a rise of ham-handed imitators where each one tries to out retard the next. Images of chained up pitbulls and skulls are the norm with shiny foil letters to make sure you can clearly read the “Break my [expletive] off in your [expletive] – fight wear” label. At the last UFC in New Jersey I actually saw a guy in the audience with a shirt that said, 'Some guys are strikers, some guys are grapplers… I’M BOTH!'"

Can't say I disagree with the guy in any way shape or form.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is right about the t-shirts. I saw a 300 lb. lady at Walmart wearing a Tapout shirt and I almost died laughing, the only thing she ever tappped out in her life was a chocolate cake.

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's still better than old Thai farmers walking around in Beavis and Butthead shirts. I've seen it, it's fucking bizzare.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:29am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in 100% agreement with Joe Rogan. It's the reason why I don't wear fight shirts.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:30am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the effects of "Tap Out"-like clothing are good.

- Support Fighters, sponsorship is seriously one of the only way most fighters can be professional without working another job, its fucked.
    - Spread sport-awareness through idiots seeing other idiots where the shirts which leads to more fans and more money for fighters.
    - More money to fighters makes for a more competitive sport as gifted athletes choose MMA over other sports and also a higher level of competition since fighters can dedicate themselves fully to MMA.
    - Tap Out gear lets you spot douchebags without actually having to talk to them first, this is a HUGE plus. There are a lot of people i would pay money to not have to talk with.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I agree with Rogan, However at the one UFC I went to I was shocked whne I saw photos of my self with Mat Hamil doing the fist pump

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 9:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When'er I see someone outside with a TapOut shirt, I immediately think: "Does he train?"

It used to irk me, and is still a running joke in locker rooms, but doesn't anymore. I don't bother them because they're just fans, and I've yet to meet a fan who goes around picking fights because he thinks his shirt endows him with unstoppable fighting abilities.

I'm sure they're out there, and I'm sure they'll start with the wrong guy and soon repent of their foolishness, but usually there's no harm in fans being fans.

Likewise there's no harm in fans holding up their fists in photos with fighters. They're just trying to show off for their friends.

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    I've yet to meet a fan who goes around picking fights because he thinks his shirt endows him with unstoppable fighting abilities.
    I envy you. It's even worse when their drunk skanky girlfriends walk around the bar mouthing off and picking fights with strangers.

Now I just watch the events at home with a few good friends.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I second Humanzee on the pricks at the bars during the fights, and yes they are usually wearing Tapout shirts.
    They are the same morons who say that they would not have tapped if they were in that fight or that they could kick that guys ass etc. etc.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast