Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 10:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McClaw,
    While I agree with many of the points the ? has stated, I still commend you. It takes a special kind of courage to go in a ring and fight. Sure, you could have used more training and prepared yourself more, but you weren't going for a fight that can rank you. It was a smoker fight, and you probably knew the level of experience your opponent had. You made a good judgement call to fight. Plus, you were good enough to be evenly matched with your opponent. I'm pretty sure in sparring you look much better.

No further comments on ?'s post, since I don't know how good or bad he is (I've heard he's pretty decent from other bullies I've met in real life.)

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    McClaw,
    While I agree with many of the points the ? has stated, I still commend you.
    Damn right, the fact that Q-dot the vicious doesn't sugar coat **** doesn't mean the **** is not the truth and not good for you. You, what you want, some frosted flakes, or some real whole grain oatmeal wheaties ****. Because frosted flakes lacks fiber and will leave you constipated, that is full of ****. My ninja, get some wheaties.
    It takes a special kind of courage to go in a ring and fight.
    Oh yes it does. But don't misunderstand yourself here. Courage is not all. There is being brave and there is fucking around and embarrassing yourself. I do lots of the latter, but I don't post it on the internets!

Sure, you could have used more training and prepared yourself more,
    What is it with you guys and understatements today?

but you weren't going for a fight that can rank you.
    LOL. Good choice of words. That **** was surely rank. It's stinking up this sweet ass forum.
    It was a smoker fight, and you probably knew the level of experience your opponent had. You made a good judgement call to fight.
    Judgement? What fucking judgement. MClaw couldn't have thougth about this for more than 5 minutes.
    I've made better decisions while wasted on liquor and high on crack, just ask the chained up hookers in my basement.

Plus, you were good enough to be evenly matched with your opponent. I'm pretty sure in sparring you look much better.
    But let's not forget this: his opponent also sucked.
    No further comments on ?'s post, since I don't know how good or bad he is (I've heard he's pretty decent from other bullies I've met in real life.)
    Dude, this isn't about Q-dot (although Q-dot is fucking awesome), this is about a fucked concept.

Why should you go and take a fight after 1 month of training? This is fucking full contact fighting. Do you understand that you could get hurt doing this ****?

I'm just a stickler for technique, and common sense I guess.

I feel like everyone is getting caught up in the "bravery" of the act, but really ... come on, guys. He shouldn't have been in there that early is he's serious about developing skills as a martial artist.

And my main ninja has potential too. I've seen him do cooler **** than I've dreamed of in grappling. But like a joke about 9/11, this is just ... too soon.

Pads and bagwork, MClaw, pads and bagwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand what you are saying is that the fight is nothing to brag about, and its not a big deal. You also go on to say that he maybe shouldn't have taken the fight.

This fight wouldn't go on his record. So whats to lose? The X factor is whether his coach, or mcclaw, or whoever was confident that the fighters would be matched up. Because if you go in there and get KTFO (sorta like my fight on the other thread, if I hadn't had any fight experience before) it can potentially hurt your development as a fighter. Sure, the fight looked like he had nothing really new to gain from it, but he will be better mentally prepared for his next fight. He'll know what mindset to expect from himself.

I brought your skills up because some other members of this forum may think "oh, Q probably has no idea what its like to get into a ring" more specifically "oh, Q has no idea that in a ring you don't look as good as you sparring."

But yeah, its definately more valuable to go into a fight with more skill and sparring time.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 12:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I understand what you are saying is that the fight is nothing to brag about, and its not a big deal. You also go on to say that he maybe shouldn't have taken the fight.

This fight wouldn't go on his record. So whats to lose? The X factor is whether his coach, or mcclaw, or whoever was confident that the fighters would be matched up. Because if you go in there and get KTFO (sorta like my fight on the other thread, if I hadn't had any fight experience before) it can potentially hurt your development as a fighter. Sure, the fight looked like he had nothing really new to gain from it, but he will be better mentally prepared for his next fight. He'll know what mindset to expect from himself.
    Perhaps. They were evenly matched after all. Just as a pair of pigtail wearing cheerleader girls may be evenly matched, but watching them fight just brings a penetrating feeling of agony to your motherfucking soul.

I brought your skills up because some other members of this forum may think "oh, Q probably has no idea what its like to get into a ring" more specifically "oh, Q has no idea that in a ring you don't look as good as you sparring."
    **** that ****, mayne. The Q jerks off to videos of himself in matches and sparring, because that's how fucking good I look. Fuckin' A.

But yeah, its definately more valuable to go into a fight with more skill and sparring time.
    I'm saying!

MClaw, I hope you don't do this kind of **** for another 5 months.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 3:26am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    P... Just as a pair of pigtail wearing cheerleader girls may be evenly matched, but watching them fight ...
    Forget all this MMA stuff! Where the vid of THAT?!?

Or any link to such material. *cough*

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From this fight, I gained: better awareness of my own striking abilities, more motivation to train, knowledge of what Ineed to train, and had the time of my life. I didn't go out there to wow the online world with my spectacular hand to hand combat skills; I went out there to have the experience of competing.
    From this fight, I lost: the respect of a pompous anime geek who may or may not train muay thai.

I'm going to call that a net utility gain.

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    John Stuart Mill IN DA HOOOOOOOOOUSE!!!
    Last edited by 1point2; 10/06/2009 4:13pm at . Reason: all caps gets uncapped. KAGAAAAAAAAAN!!!1
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 9:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    From this fight, I gained: better awareness of my own striking abilities,
    You mean now you realize you suck? Well, dude, if you really have to put on a performance like that to figure it out, I suggest you find other ways of assessing yourself. You know, before someone who can fight REALLY fucks up your morale.

more motivation to train, knowledge of what Ineed to train, and had the time of my life. I didn't go out there to wow the online world with my spectacular hand to hand combat skills; I went out there to have the experience of competing.
    Really? That's what they all say.
    From this fight, I lost: the respect of a pompous anime geek who may or may not train muay thai.

I'm going to call that a net utility gain.
    Firstly, this is not about Q-dot the vicious. This is about you being a bitch ninja who did some stupid **** and won't just say "**** it, maybe I was in over my head. Maybe I'll go train for 5 months then try this **** again. Maybe I'll hire a team of neurosurgeons to remove my head from my ass. Maybe I'll stop being a little bitch on the internets. Because if you had said just one of those things, then you would have had a net gain.

So far, you don't have net Gain. You have net store brand detergent, and that is going to **** your colors up.

And insomuch as this is about Q-dot the vicoius. Yes, I watch a little hentai. Yes, I'm young, pompous and grimey. But I'm also a cavalier, swashbuckling, allstar ************. I've got action where you don't, I'll show up places where you won't. Yes, I like Bleach, man. But does that mean I won't **** ninjas up when I throw down? No, sir, it does not. I'm Q-dot the vicious, fucking up ninjas is what I do.

And it's not like you've lost my respect, either, it's not like you had it or anything. How can I respect a ************ who can't punch?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    side note; This mythological q dot creature might be the fukkin funnies E person I have yet encountered!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 2:24pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going to turn perpendicular during the clinch(and stay like such), you should place your shin across your opponents thighs, and make sure it's high enough where he can't swing a leg around it. You also can't have double underhooks(or at least shouldn't). While you're kind of pulling on his upper body, put weight on his thighs(with your shin), and have your foot flexed to prevent one leg from moving out. You might have to shift a bit accordingly to his hip movements, and it's key to prevent them. But refs vary as well. Some will break it up quicker than others. Although it looked like you initiated the clinch a lot.

And since you've only trained a month, all I can say is just work on technique. That, pace yourself, in the sense of don't go buck wild so you lose all your technique and try to headlock and punch the whole time.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast