Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:46pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah i know the feeling mate, its not uncommon for people who spar really well to go into their first smoker/fight and forgot how to throw anything except hooks. It takes a lot of guts to get in there.

I only brought up those clinch remarks in regards to this:
    I would stick my hip into his perpendicular whenever we clinched, which made it very difficult for him to land knees and very easy for him to land throws.
    It's actually very easy to throw strong knees on someone doing this. This comment shows that maybe you don't understand the error, doing this is up there with plum clinching the bottom of the neck not the top. If you are moving on to mma soon it won't be the end of the world if you don't correct this, but it if you stay, it'll cost you MT matches.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 1:19pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    I don't train Judo anymore.

My takedowns, however, are good, and I can hang in randori with green/brown belts.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is how it looks to me.

You are a low rank ex-Judo player with no tournament experience and no experience fighting under a Muay Thai ruleset trying to give advice on throws and clinch striking in the advanced striking discussion forum.

You then take offense when a Judo Brownbelt with a fair bit of tournament experience who doesn't try to offer advice about either striking or throwing tells you your **** doesn't fly in this forum.

Hopefully this gets culled to Sheerdog.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    Seriously though guys, lets all sit back and listen to a Mcdojo blackbelt and the world's worst Judo Green belt.
    I'm a brown belt, have ten times the judo competition experience you do, have waaaay less than a year of muay thai experience, and the rest of your bluster is just plain silly.

Your jokes aren't funny enough for me to read them, considering your newfound dickery. <ignore>

Thanks for the clinch tips, Sang.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vids!

Round One!
    YouTube - Burr Ridge Showdown 7 10-3-09 Alex Kostrzewa vs. Kevin Stark (Round 1)
    Round Two!
    YouTube - Burr Ridge Showdown 7 10-3-09 Alex Kostrzewa vs. Kevin Stark (Round 2)
    Round Two and a Half!
    YouTube - Burr Ridge Showdown 7 10-3-09 Alex Kostrzewa vs. Kevin Stark (Round 2) #2
    Round Three!
    YouTube - Burr Ridge Showdown 7 10-3-09 Alex Kostrzewa vs. Kevin Stark (Round 3)
    Decision!
    YouTube - Burr Ridge Showdown 7 10-3-09 Alex Kostrzewa vs. Kevin Stark Decision.....
    I'm the one in the pink shorts.
    Upon reviewing the video, I also found another mistake in my clinch game - I kept trying to set up head and arm throws, which I knew were not kosher, and it mostly just left throwing schoolyard headlocks. Oh, and goddamn hopping on one foot for reasons that are still unknown to me. I'll have to correct that.
    Anyways, the video isn't the best quality, as a lot of the action is blocked either by the corner of the ring or the ref. The second round is split into two videos, for before and after the nut shot.
    Those noises at the beginning of the second round(s) are me screaming.
    The video for the third round starts with me in mid-air as I threw a superman punch from across the ring. I know, I know, I should've thrown a butterfly kick instead.
    I was completely unaware that there was music playing for the entire time I was fighting.
    The last video cuts out before I stood up on the ropes, shouted "OOOODDIIIIN!" and accidentally knocked out a light fixture by throwing my fist to the sky.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 3:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    I'm a brown belt, have ten times the judo competition experience you do, have waaaay less than a year of muay thai experience, and the rest of your bluster is just plain silly.

Your jokes aren't funny enough for me to read them, considering your newfound dickery. <ignore>

Thanks for the clinch tips, Sang.
    You are a brown belt?

Post certificates and your USJF or USJA number.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 5:09pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm bracing.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is how it looks to me.

You are a low rank ex-Judo player with no tournament experience and no experience fighting under a Muay Thai ruleset trying to give advice on throws and clinch striking in the advanced striking discussion forum.

You then take offense when a Judo Brownbelt with a fair bit of tournament experience who doesn't try to offer advice about either striking or throwing tells you your **** doesn't fly in this forum.

Hopefully this gets culled to Sheerdog.
    I've competed in tons of GRAPPLING tournaments. Not just BJJ or Judo.

I didn't realize this was Advanced Striking Forum, on that, I apologize. As for taking offense when someone much LESS skilled then me tries to give me.

As for the advice, that is the advice that is always given to me by my coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    You're a brown belt? Where the hell do you train at? USJA/USJF certificates and pictures now, please.

comp experience? You were 1-6 like...a month ago. And yes, you beat me in JUDO competition. I compete in GRAPPLING tournaments. As for my MT experience? Are you at my gym? Do you see me train?

**** you 1.2, you're a fucking idiot.

However, I'm sorry for the thread de-rail.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 9:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. My ninja, this is what happens when you **** around and take an MT fight after 1 month's training.

I admire your confidence and heart and ****, but y'all look like some fuckin' noobs, mayne. Seriously, what the ****?

I mean, I saw you throwing some workless jabs with your non punching hand by your waist, and some fucking loose kicks. I didn't see any combos come off, the clinching looked like some caveman ****. Why use the elegant plum clinch when you can headlock a motherfuckers schoolyard style.

It's not even worth discussing technique and ****, because, really, you look like an angry ************ who just hopped of the street and into a muay thai fight. Never mind that though, I guess the point was to overcome your fear and get used to fighting and whatnot. But hey, just think, you could have done all that WITHOUT embarrassing yourself on the internets. Just think.
    Last edited by The Question; 10/05/2009 9:50pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Question:
    **** you.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 10:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Hey Question:
    **** you.
    I'm sorry if I offended you, my ninja. But I like to call it like it is. And my ninja, to say that **** was less than impressive is like calling a samurai with a machine gun a minor threat.

And really, really. Was that anything less than fucking horrible? Come on. Come on. Just say you fucked up and took a fight before having any actual skill.

Be a good little hospital and admit it, you looked like ************ in those videos.

And I don't mean ************ as in "oh ****, that ninja is one bad ************", I mean ************ as in "What the **** is this ****? If I want to watch two small dogs paw at each other and bark I would watch the fucking discovery channel".
    Last edited by The Question; 10/05/2009 10:51pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast