Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 2:00am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    VIP or not i'd elbow that guy in the head.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 8:49pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    An unofficial fight between two guys, usually from different gyms, to see where they are at.
    Here in Cali they're more like all amateur events that are open to the public(for a fee of course), sometimes winners even get crappy belts. Though they are getting shut down all the time too =)

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, the smoker's coming right up.
    I'm pretty damn nervous, but I was pretty damn nervous the first time I did a BJJ comp. Or MMA Bullshido Throwdown. Or goddamn krotty pointfighting back in 2003.
    Any advice on mindset? Should I try and psych myself up into a berserker rage with non-stop Manowar and Ensiferum until all I see is a red haze of blood? Or should I psych myself down, chill out, and try to stay relaxed and technical?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, if you only have 1 month's experience in Muay Thai, ninjas should **** you up in the smoker. Unless of course the aforementioned ninjas have less experience than you do. In which case, they shouldn't be fighting. Oh, we'll see what the **** happens. Good luck.

And as for advice: kick hard, and move your head, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 11:27pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Any advice on mindset? Should I try and psych myself up into a berserker rage with non-stop Manowar and Ensiferum until all I see is a red haze of blood? Or should I psych myself down, chill out, and try to stay relaxed and technical?
    Everyone has a different mental spot where they perform the best. You'll figure it out eventually, but no one can really tell you.

Good luck though, man.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 3:26am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Relaxed determination is the best mindset. Don't go into it angry or thinking its a brawl but you need to be thinking that the only thing that will stop you is a full blown KO. Go forward, be the more aggressive fighter and realize that with big gloves, headgear and shinguards nothing can hurt you.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 5:25am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sang neck kicked teh correct. Bezerker rage for your first fight would totally gas you out. That may be a way you personally can fight but it's not a great idea for your first dance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 2:07pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me when I had my first fight a month ago, I had a mix of mindsets, and somewhere between walking to the ring and touching gloves, something just clicked. I pumped myself up before I was goin out, and continued it when I entered the ring. I realized that I would probably tire myself out, because it seems like an eternity so I just leaned back in the corner, took a deep breath and changed my mentality. I've seen and heard too many horror stories of people goin crazy and gassing out for a loss. Then we started, touched gloves, and I proceeded with my starting plan. And at after that point, I don't really remember what happened, only specific events, kinda like short clips or photographs in my head.

What I do remember, was that I was actively thinking(probably though more in that 8 minutes than I did my entire life), listening to my corner, and pumping myself up at the same time. Specifically, I remember at one point, I put my heels down on the ground and my legs burned like hell. I just told myself **** that, I gotta stay on my toes and keep active or the other guy might catch me with something. Other times, we would clinch and I could hear him breathing hard and not working, which gave me a second wind(or whatever number I was up to).

But like the others said, it varies from people to people. Some do well goin apeshit, others don't. The most important thing is to focus, and think positively. Good luck though, if you trained hard, it'll pay off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 2:44pm

Style: Boxing/Sanda/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck! I'm doing a smoker muay thai match tomorrow too!

I'd humbly suggest that you try to have fun above all else. Between all of the hard work in training, getting your face bashed in while sparring, and other things of that nature, it's really easy to forget that this is for recreation. That's what I've been trying to remind myself of lately, and I've been on a pretty decent roll in competitions since April.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 10:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Don't go into it angry or thinking its a brawl.

You really don't know Mcclaw very well. This is completely OPPOSITE to him.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast