9/20/2009 2:49pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My first leg kick match

Result: DWKFYM Loss by TKO in round 2

Post fight write up
    I weighed in 2 lbs lower than class limit @ 165lbs.

I was feeling good, especially because I got to eat and drink as we made the drive down to Daytona.

I tried my best to focus, empty my mind of all things that wasn't pertinent to my fight.

It started going downhill when the promoter told me in the middle of the fights that my opponent weighed in 10 lbs lower than me. I asked her how that is possible, if he signed up for 165lbs. The only fighters that were going to fight me wanted to do it under international rules, and I had wanted to do a full contact (american kickboxing) fight. They had been preparing for muay thai bouts (muay thai rules) and I had been preparing for the waist-up bouts (full contact rules). One of the guys with a 0-0 record was a weight class above me, and was barely within catch weight. The other fighter who was closer to my weight was 2-0. Both were about the same height.

I decided to take the fight with the 0-0 guy. And to make things worse, I was the last fight on the card. And when I stepped in the ring, it turns out my the entertainers got my girlfriend to come up in the ring with the ring girl to hold up the sign. WTF? That is not cool.

Bell rings, and I'm not really there. Playing space cadet. I remember thinking that after this match I could eat whatever I want and have a good time. Thats how unfocused I was. Okay, its just an excuse but I really didn't feel like I was there. I was asking myself why the hell I am fighting this guy, and I wasn't ready when that first shot slipped through the guard. I think it hit my nose (where I'm pretty tough with) but I lost control after that.

The rest is self-explanatory in the video.

Aside from the mindset fail, I need to work my boxing so that I never drop my fucking hand. And as pointed out earlier in another video thread, my left straight doesn't have any snap. I'm pushing my hands out instead of snapping/punching it out.

Also, I need to be more flexible in my game. Though I am used to fighting guys taller than me. But this guy wasn't and I needed to play the range game more with him. I should not have tried to stand up and fight the guy coming in wild, unless I was going to be just as wild as him. Stepping back, letting the guy come forward and cutting angles all went down the drain.

I perhaps should have stayed patient and refused the fight. I could have fought the next month, or even the next semester. Now I have a loss on my record. I had felt like I was going to have wasted all that time training.

Good things:
    My cardio looked alright. He was getting winded out and if I hadn't been getting so beat up I think I could have controlled the last round and a half. I feel like I just needed to survive another 10-20 seconds before tides would have turned.

My kicks still work well. Head movement felt real good until the latter part of round 1 when I began to get my ass kicked.

my boxing coach told me after the bout that every time I got hit he was hurting too. :(.

EDIT: Error on youtube upload. Let me retry and upload again.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 3:56pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amateur fight promotions suck balls, don't they?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it seems strange to me that promoters over in america seem so fucking retarded. you would -never- get this **** happening on a card in Auckland. no fucking way. nobody would ever work with the promoter again if it did.

then again the level of quality from american kickboxing seems pretty low, probably because boxing is so big there. kickboxing here particularly in auckland dominates boxing.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 4:28pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    then again the level of quality from american kickboxing seems pretty low, probably because boxing is so big there.
    Amateur boxing can be extremely retarded too. Mostly in the way that you almost NEVER fight the person you were originally set up with. Someone ends up not making weight, they switch the fights around, someone gets left out, two guys can't make it...

I just gave up thinking about my opponent and concentrated only on punching faces in general.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I figure its pretty retarded. Especially my gf being on stage. She refused, but they kept asking her to come on. I remember looking at my opponent, and then looking at her, and thinking "WTF??" After she thought it was her fault that she lost and was crying about it. It wasn't. It was my fault.

Its no excuse. Thats just how it is here, then I need to be ready to fight whoever I want however I need to. I'm reformatting the video and uploading it again. I really would like some advice; something I can work on off-season the rest of the semester.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    off season? MT doesnt have an off season...

but like any sportsman should do in his off season- strength training. and lots of it.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 9:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to make clear: I weighted in at 163lbs, class limit was 165.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** that promoter up.

Two guys from my boxing gym fought each other, twice, because the promoter fucked up at a recent events. ****'s everywhere apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats fucked up, did they at least make it an exhibition match?
    one of the options that was there for a while was to fight a guy from he same town I am in. I said no; all the fighters in our town know each other.

I think my roommate made changes to the connection: I can't upload anything over 10 megs before the connection resets :/
    I'm going to talk to him later. meanwhile I'll go to school and upload it tomorrow.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 11:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you dont fight people from your own town? why not? is gainesville like population 500 or something?
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast