Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 11:56pm

Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel shogun should have won it but not by a great deal. It was a close fight but i think shogun was the better fighter on the day.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's what Anderson Silva had to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson Silva Interview
    http://tatame.com.br/2009/10/26/Anderso ... -os-rounds

Anderson Silva was closely following the fight between Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" and discussed the controversial outcome to the talks TATAME. For the middleweight champion of the event, the Judges made the correct assessment. "The Lyoto fought well, was very well trained. It was a hard fought fight. Shogun fought at his pace very well, was very well prepared, is very experienced, but the technique was superior and Lyoto won resoundingly, "said Anderson.

According to the training partner Lyoto, they should go home and draw a new strategy for a possible rematch, confident that the karateka won the fight. "They fought well, made a good fight, but Machida won well. Now it is back home and see what he had supposedly done wrong. This struggle has passed, does not matter anymore, he is the champion, a great person, a great athlete, "he said, congratulating the performance of former fellow Chute Boxe.

"Shogun has done well, this fight was a fight that all MMA fans liked to see. In my opinion, Lyoto won all rounds. Shogun drew a good strategy to attack the legs, but it was not enough. There are coaches who have to decide, but the judges ... Lyoto won well, now it's back to training as soon as possible ", concluded Anderson.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing, krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of people need to rewatch the fight without that asshat joe rogan's commentary.
    I just watched the fight and was very surprised that they gave it to Machida. Shogun just looked more dominant throughout the fight; he executed his game plan exactly has he had planned.

As for the biased commentary, the audience did not hear Joe Rogan's commentary and they clearly thought that Shogun was the winner. If I am not mistaken when the decison was announced, Machida had a surprised look on his face too.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The crowd is also a bunch of L.A. douchebags and have an effective memory of about ten minutes.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 1:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing, krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes LA douchebags get it right.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 2:18pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:48pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I saw it Rua blocked a most of Machida's shots with his forearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 3:48pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    His legs, face and body all looked much worse than Shogun's. And for good reason, he took more damage in all three areas, especially the legs.
    Did you go to ufc.com and watch the post fight press conference like I suggested? Watch that and tell me machida looked more fucked up. Cuts show up right away and blood smears. Bruising and swelling show up later. Rua's face was more fucked up. I still say the bodies were similar, and I can't argue the legs as I didn't see them. All I can say about them is he didn't seem any slower in the fight.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 3:50pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just something to consider. I'm not a huge fan of Franklin McNeil, and I think he conceeding too much at times to the judges, but I do think this article makes an interesting point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=4599758

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Just something to consider. I'm not a huge fan of Franklin McNeil, and I think he conceeding too much at times to the judges, but I do think this article makes an interesting point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=4599758
    So if it's a new fight in Nevada it will be new refs and judges. But if it's like the NBA, that might not matter: http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts...nt-you-to-read
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32 LastLast