Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The most peculiar thing I've ever seen...

was watching Crocop fight last night. I mean, this is really something that boggles me. He went from one of the most impressive strikers in the world, a K-1 champ, and a Pride Grand Prix winner, to literally, an amateurish one-punch-at-a-time striker, who telegraphs everything, and runs backward when being punched.

I mean really, I'm not a great striker, or even a good one, but I'd say based on last nights fight, my technique is at least as good as Crocop.

This is the strangest thing I've ever witnessed, and I really have no idea how being afraid to be knocked out could actually translate into a devolving of all technical abilities.

What do people think? Why is he fighting like this? Is Crocop dead, and his untrained twin brother took up the UFC contract?

No seriously. WHAT DE CHELL EES CHAPPENINK AROUND CHERE!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, as you must know, we all have our own personal El Guapos. For some of us it's poverty. For others, it's illiteracy. CC has his El Guapo as well.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mirko had the tools to win this fight.His punches did damage, when he had the will to decide to use them and his chin is OK.

I think its all mental, the guy is just terrified to get hit.He was running straight into the fence and lowering his head like a scared noob.

Just dig in and hit him ffs, screaming I was.

P.S. How many left straight?Results may scare you.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 11:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But it's more than fear. His stance is different, his movements are different. It literally doesn't even look like the same fucking guy in there, save the chinless face and check shorts stretched around his tree trunks. Really. Even Wandy fights the same, after being brutally KO'd be many many more people than ever did Crocop. It's just fucking wierd. AND DID YOU SEE HIS TWITCHY LEAD HAND?!?! What the **** was that all about?
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 11:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No seriously. WHAT DE CHELL EES CHAPPENINK AROUND CHERE!?!?!
    I stayed up last night until someone uploaded the fight so I could see what happened. I wanted to cry.

The UFC has some kind of curse on it. Rampage is a 1-dimensional boxer now, same with Wandy (which sucks for a guy with such short little arms), and Liddell began to do nothing but search for that one punch. Crocop is just the latest to fall victim of the curse. All these guys used to be much more well-rounded, I don't know what happened to them...

P.S. If I were his corner I would have been screaming in Croatian, "COMBINATIONS GODDAMNIT". I can't believe he just repeatedly threw that rear leg round kick up with no set-up at all. God...I'll probably still watch his next fight too, hoping, and be just as depressed.
    Last edited by maofas; 9/20/2009 11:15am at .

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post

P.S. If I were his corner I would have been screaming in Croatian, "COMBINATIONS GODDAMNIT".
    They did scream something like that.I think he fights like this because he is afraid.I did the same thing when I folded under pressure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An INTERNAL problem... interesting. Tai Chi could really help here.
    With (proper) Tai Chi you can learn to give up subconcious reactions and gain control over your fear and expectations. I'm curious about the flames. :-P

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you go from being a K-1 champion to throwing out your left straight with no shoulder rotation, almost like a pawing jab, while ducking your head and extending your other arm for what reason???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are good exercises in the Tai Chi I learn to practice letting go of fear or things that upset you. Just try to relax your arm while someone lifts it up or swings it back and forth. The partner tries to find out if you react or not. It gets harder to relax the higher you move the arm and lifting up the shoulder almost always produces reactions if you try it for the first time. This is only the first and by far the easiest of these exercises and you can see into ones subconsciousness with that. Let the one that tries to relax talk about different things while you swing and lift his arms and you'll find out how the things he talks about are associated with fear.
    With that you can find things that control you and let go of them.
    Last edited by Monkfg; 9/20/2009 1:18pm at .

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 1:15pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mirko is dead to me now.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast