Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 7:36pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Then he doesn't know RNC. If you did this to someone who knew how to RNC, you would out cold AND he'll now be pissed off at you. (A rather infamous incident between Gene Lebell and Steven Seagall springs to mind.) Your above comment goes directly to the point I made in my previous post. If you, your partner, or your instructor doesn't have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of the scenario a practitioner is training, it is difficult to know whether such a tactic is appropriate or very low percentage act of desperation.

Bjorn, if/when you ever make it over (or I there) it would be great fun to meet up and exchange ideas in an ego-free environment. But you have to understand: you don't have a lock on the ideas and concepts found within the "The Shredder™" DVDs packaging. Many people are not only familiar with ripping, but also practice it from time to time within the context of their own training of what they consider important.

It might be enlightening for you to spend some time learning what is "Combat Sambo" - the style soundless lists as his own. While I don't know him, who he studies with (specifically), or what level he's at, I think you'll be quite surprised at what Combat Sambo encompasses without adding a trademark symbol when he rips and gets ripped in training or for the knifework.

not that it particularly matters but but my instructor was trained by an olympic judo guy from britain... i can't quite remember his name but ill edit this once i remember, and sambo by a man who attended sambo 70 and im actually ranked under sambo steves american sambo association. So I'd like to think my training is pretty good lol. But hey you live in new york so if he comes down we can all meet up which would prolly be pretty fun.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn
    We are friends... Friends do not choke each other out when out on town (at least mine does not). Trust me, my friend knows how to RNC...
    Using this logic, friends don't grab other friends balls, either .... unless you're referring to a different kind of friend. :smile:

I think you need more friends who *will* RNC you - especially if you start wasting time fumbling around for their crotch when he's not leaking that opportunity within the 3 seconds you have to defendi 'teh r3al' RNC.

Regardless of the details, if this is now the whole story, it was a bit disingenuous of you to bring it up as some evidence of training effectiveness, don't you think?

I have heard about ripping (got some DVDs on it by Tony Ceccine)...Looks very painful!
    I have not seen the DVDs to which you refer so I can't comment on them. However, remember a funny comment relayed to me by a friend. The comment was made by the coach at a wrestling club in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. When one of the wrestlers objected because it was illegal to grab the jawline the way the coach was showing to cause more pain, the coach replied: "He's sure as hell going to do it to you and you can't expect the ref to see everything. It's just part of the sport." Wrestlers love to rip - sometimes to shreds. :smile:

You plan on coming over to Norway?
    Unfortunately, not in the foreseeable future. When/if that changes, I'll be sure to let you know.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 7:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Senshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Using this logic, friends don't grab other friends balls, either .... unless you're referring to a different kind of friend. :smile:

I think you need more friends who *will* RNC you - especially if you start wasting time fumbling around for their crotch when he's not leaking that opportunity within the 3 seconds you have to defendi 'teh r3al' RNC.

Regardless of the details, if this is now the whole story, it was a bit disingenuous of you to bring it up as some evidence of training effectiveness, don't you think?

I have not seen the DVDs to which you refer so I can't comment on them. However, remember a funny comment relayed to me by a friend. The comment was made by the coach at a wrestling club in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. When one of the wrestlers objected because it was illegal to grab the jawline the way the coach was showing to cause more pain, the coach replied: "He's sure as hell going to do it to you and you can't expect the ref to see everything. It's just part of the sport." Wrestlers love to rip - sometimes to shreds. :smile:

Unfortunately, not in the foreseeable future. When/if that changes, I'll be sure to let you know.
    It was a example of me acting rather calmly to a potentially dangerous threat since I knew it had to be a friend of mine. I listed it as part of several examples in response to soundless regarding attacking first and the legal aspect of self defence.

I was by no means listing it up as some evidence of my training effectiveness. Had you put it in context to the rest of my post you would possibly have picked up on this.

I have rolled allot with my friends. I have RNC my friends, they have RNC me. We do not train to grab balls to escape (I did this because I knew I was in no real danger and because I knew it was my friend...and no, we do not go around grabbing each others balls:happy6: ).

My experience and training in grappling stems from practice and rolling with my brown belt judo friend, my friends (and other members) that train shoot fighting under a certified instructor of shooters international here in Bodo (Rune Lind who is also the Norwegian chief of IKMF) and a two day BJJ-seminar with Marcel Yogi.

Not saying this makes me a excellent grappler, just trying to tell you that you should stop making asumtions about my abilities to apply or defend against said technique without knowledge about my training.

I will surely film some of our grappling sessions.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 11:05am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bjorn: sign up for real classes with a real instructor and attend them a regular basis. Supplement that with Senshido sessions with anybody who's interested. Stop regurgitating this "I spar with my buds so I know ****" stuff. You NEED competent instruction under a competent instructor, period

As for your videos, the only person who cares is you.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021