http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxIcnaXHDk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzi4dJK37I

him teaching anti kinfe fighting through wrist locks and psychology:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQ2NSxDvqI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESptpi-1-mw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_71IYIiBM

the really shitty take down i was talking about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBmaqQ5Y-48

and this will be everyones favorite... AGAINST MULTIPLE ATTACKERS!
    and he fucking plays system of a down during the video... *dies laughing*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42B3172PoO4

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Senshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a hard time taking you serious soundless. It seems that you are more interessted in becoming popular with your "gang" here with sarcasm and bald comments then you are discussing. How about if you post a video of you training the way you described? I would really like to see that. It is quite easy to say; "YEAH! We do that stuff too...it does not really work at all..We bite and tear each other in the face etc...A good take down and some decent ground work is all it takes to negate all of that.. Shredding is ghey! Hehehe! Now pat my back guys, tell me how cool I am!", without posting a video.

So, show me a video soundless. And please, try to sound less like a teen.

Kind regards,

Bjorn

Marasmos

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn
    Hello!

I made my introduction in the newbie forum a while ago.

I just want to post my training videos so that people can see how I train in some of Senshidos concepts.

You should know that I have never met Richard Dimitri or any of his affiliates or instructors and that every drill we practice in those videos was piced up from Richard Dimitris DVDs.

It was also the first time that we tried Senshidos various drills.

Our first workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t1y9H5oS90

Our second workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsz9dkA1bhs

Our third workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rJK8TbX2g

I suggest that people try things before they judge...
    Only looked at the second workout. I mostly see really bad clinch work. You would benifit greatly from a real instructor, preferably in something other than senshido.
    You say what about my rice?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    Only looked at the second workout. I mostly see really bad clinch work. You would benifit greatly from a real instructor, preferably in something other than senshido.
    Ok, I see where this is heading.. It was a drill to focus on maintaining your opponent close with one hand in his face while trying not to get hit in the face or taken down.

You seem to think I was trying to do something else?

Guys, I said that I filmed some workouts where me and my training partner were trying out some of the concepts of senshido.

I am not training to fight in a ring, to win a submission tournament or the likes... I am testing some self defence concepts from senshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:57pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off bullshido is not a gang, if it were we would have really cool gang tattoos!

Second off on this site we have martial artists from many many different disciplines, plenty of traditionalist who would argue against mma, and plenty of mma/grappling guys who would argue against traditional stuff. However people with experience in will consistently give you the same response, I URGE YOU TO REREAD THE EARLIER POSTS. There are many reasons presented and plenty of people given said reasons that you should say "hmm maybe they're right" and adress the issues that were brought up.

Explain to me why you won't get arm barred when you put your hand in our face?
    Explain to me why your system spouts defense from multiple attackers?
    do a little research on this site about multiple attackers and you'll find some major hate towards the subject.

third my technique isn't in question so asking for a video is childish of you, however once I obtain a video camera I will be posting videos on here of myself, for people to coach me on my technique... why you ask? because the people on this site know what the **** they're doing and are a great source to utilize.
    Instead you resurrected a long dead thread, posted some very poor videos [no offense] and I followed through by searching up information about this senshido. People can infer a lot of information from the videos you and demitri presented on you tube, enough to judge that the system is probably mediocre.

Now how about YOU answer the question I posed to YOU that YOU avoided. What experience do you have in martial arts other then Senshido.
    Do you have any experience in real life combat? be it a mugging or military work?

Now if you could use your senshido links to find me a person in my area who does senshido, i would absolutely love to meet them and try it out so i could give a more deffinitive analysis of the system.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 3:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I see where this is heading.. It was a drill to focus on maintaining your opponent close with one hand in his face while trying not to get hit in the face or taken down.

You seem to think I was trying to do something else?

Guys, I said that I filmed some workouts where me and my training partner were trying out some of the concepts of senshido.

I am not training to fight in a ring, to win a submission tournament or the likes... I am testing some self defence concepts from senshido.
    Maintaining your hand on his face is a bad thing to do in a lot of these cases. If senshido teaches you to forego an excellent crossface that's just sitting there for you to take it in favor of whatever the hell you thought you were doing, it's not a good thing. If senshido teaches you not to properly defend a really really shitty single, it's, well, incorrect. Why would you want to train incorrectly?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundless
    First off bullshido is not a gang, if it were we would have really cool gang tattoos!

Second off on this site we have martial artists from many many different disciplines, plenty of traditionalist who would argue against mma, and plenty of mma/grappling guys who would argue against traditional stuff. However people with experience in will consistently give you the same response, I URGE YOU TO REREAD THE EARLIER POSTS. There are many reasons presented and plenty of people given said reasons that you should say "hmm maybe they're right" and adress the issues that were brought up.

Explain to me why you won't get arm barred when you put your hand in our face?
    Explain to me why your system spouts defense from multiple attackers?
    do a little research on this site about multiple attackers and you'll find some major hate towards the subject.

third my technique isn't in question so asking for a video is childish of you, however once I obtain a video camera I will be posting videos on here of myself, for people to coach me on my technique... why you ask? because the people on this site know what the **** they're doing and are a great source to utilize.
    Instead you resurrected a long dead thread, posted some very poor videos [no offense] and I followed through by searching up information about this senshido. People can infer a lot of information from the videos you and demitri presented on you tube, enough to judge that the system is probably mediocre.

Now how about YOU answer the question I posed to YOU that YOU avoided. What experience do you have in martial arts other then Senshido.
    Do you have any experience in real life combat? be it a mugging or military work?

Now if you could use your senshido links to find me a person in my area who does senshido, i would absolutely love to meet them and try it out so i could give a more deffinitive analysis of the system.
    Thank you for dropping the attitude and answering like a normal grown up guy!

I missed your question because I did not read your entire post... Like I said, I found it hard to take you seriously the way you wrote your post.

I started with TKD back in my home town when I was about 10 years old. I did that for 3 years. After finishing grad school we moved and I did TKD for 2 more years. After that I did boxing for 1 year and Krav Maga for 1 year. I have also finished Krav Magas instructors course part 1 some years ago (never followed it up because of various reasons).

In the middle of this I used to practice some grappling with a judo-friend of mine just for fun.

That is it.

Also, I did say that I have never trained with Richard Dimitri or any of his instructors or students. All I have done is seen some of his DVDs, tested some of his stuff with my training partner and filmed it. I am a senshido newbie.

Again, sorry for missing your question, like I said, your attitude had me ignoring most of your post and I found it difficult to take you seriously.

Your plan of posting videos to recive guidance sounds like a very good one! In fact, I know it is a good plan since I am doing it my self. I started lifting weights more seriously about 6 months ago and have filmed most of my workouts to get pointers on my form. My technique in squat and bench has improved imensely because of feedback on my videos. (The videos are on youtube. Just search my username: babbis13 and they will come up).

To HAPKO3; Like I said, it was a drill with spesific goals. It was not free sparring or wrestling. I have said this many times now.

Edit: I forgot your question about my experience with violence etc. Well, I have de-escalated more situations then I can remember but I have only been in a "fight" once in my 27 year old life. Some drunk guy elbowed my ribs from behind when he walked past me, I asked him why he did that, he raised his fist and ran towards me, I push kicked him in his stomack (I was a bit drunk so I missed his chest), he bent over, recovered and rushed me again, I push kicked him in his chest this time, he slid on the snow, bounchers took care of him, end of story. I doubt he got more then a bruise on his chest.

So, I am no spec-ops-guerilla-ninja-hardcore-street fighter. I have competed in two local submission wrestling tournaments here in my home town. The first one I won my fight with a standing neck crank but it was against a girl so I was much stronger then her. The second fight I lost to a RNC to a guy that was 30kg heavyer then me (I was in terrible shape and basically gassed out real quick).
    Last edited by Bjorn; 11/14/2007 3:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 3:37pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for dropping the attitude and answering like a normal grown up guy!

I missed your question because I did not read your entire post... Like I said, I found it hard to take you seriously the way you wrote your post.

I started with TKD back in my home town when I was about 10 years old. I did that for 3 years. After finishing grad school we moved and I did TKD for 2 more years. After that I did boxing for 1 year and Krav Maga for 1 year. I have also finished Krav Magas instructors course part 1 some years ago (never followed it up because of various reasons).

In the middle of this I used to practice some grappling with a judo-friend of mine just for fun.

That is it.

Also, I did say that I have never trained with Richard Dimitri or any of his instructors or students. All I have done is seen some of his DVDs, tested some of his stuff with my training partner and filmed it. I am a senshido newbie.

Again, sorry for missing your question, like I said, your attitude had me ignoring most of your post and I found it difficult to take you seriously.

Your plan of posting videos to recive guidance sounds like a very good one! In fact, I know it is a good plan since I am doing it my self. I started lifting weights more seriously about 6 months ago and have filmed most of my workouts to get pointers on my form. My technique in squat and bench has improved imensely because of feedback on my videos. (The videos are on youtube. Just search my username: babbis13 and they will come up).

To HAPKO3; Like I said, it was a drill with spesific goals. It was not free sparring or wrestling. I have said this many times now.

I actually tend to come off as a sarcastic asshole online, I'm actually a very nice guy but eh what can i say.
    I currently cant do any grappling or a round hosue with my right as my foot is fractured so you're gonna have to wait for the videos.
    I personally have 6 years training in crappy american karate, and 3 or so in kungfu [dont ask me the style i honestly don't remember]
    and i have several years in muay thai, sambo and combat hapkido. our combat hapkido class is unlike typical CH classes with the amount of sambo and muaythai we mix in and most roll sessions are anything goes.
    My problem with senshido is the hand in the face tactic, the multiple attacker video and the takedown/clinch work i've seen [i've been mostly speaking of demitri, your videos im concerned only about the hand in the face in regards to the clinch]

I have a number of questions for you though that i hope you'd indulge me by answering

1.what is the objective when sticking the hand in the face other then attempting to gouge the eyes?

2.how do you avoid being arm barred when giving up your arm in such a compromising stance?

3.how do you get your hand into someones face in a traditional muay thai clinch with out gettig knee'd

4. you appear to give up your side or back several times while trying to keep your hand in his face, i understand it wasn't full out free sparring but by doing that doesn't that create bad form when someone is actually ready and willing to take your back?

Marasmos

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fight like you train. When you drill incorrectly, you're bound to get in trouble if you ever get into a similar real-life situation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundless
    I actually tend to come off as a sarcastic asshole online, I'm actually a very nice guy but eh what can i say.
    I currently cant do any grappling or a round hosue with my right as my foot is fractured so you're gonna have to wait for the videos.
    I personally have 6 years training in crappy american karate, and 3 or so in kungfu [dont ask me the style i honestly don't remember]
    and i have several years in muay thai, sambo and combat hapkido. our combat hapkido class is unlike typical CH classes with the amount of sambo and muaythai we mix in and most roll sessions are anything goes.
    My problem with senshido is the hand in the face tactic, the multiple attacker video and the takedown/clinch work i've seen [i've been mostly speaking of demitri, your videos im concerned only about the hand in the face in regards to the clinch]

I have a number of questions for you though that i hope you'd indulge me by answering

1.what is the objective when sticking the hand in the face other then attempting to gouge the eyes?

2.how do you avoid being arm barred when giving up your arm in such a compromising stance?

3.how do you get your hand into someones face in a traditional muay thai clinch with out gettig knee'd

4. you appear to give up your side or back several times while trying to keep your hand in his face, i understand it wasn't full out free sparring but by doing that doesn't that create bad form when someone is actually ready and willing to take your back?
    My take on your questions (and remeber that I do not have a single second of real training with any certified senshido instructor and base my answers on what I have seen in DVDs and what I have read on the senshido forum.);

1. To make your opponent flinch, to hurt his eyes, rip open cuts in his entire face, basically attack his vital targets to change the predator/pray-mentality and take away his motivation for attacking you so you can finish him off and go home.

2. I have not tested this out and I prefer to comment on it after I have actually tested it in training.

3. I have no idea man! If I ever find my self in a stand of type of self defence situation against a skilled muai thai guy you have my permission to smack me upside the head with something really heavy...:new_spira

4. It was the very first time we tried those drills, I hope to improve and will check out your pointers and try to eliminate them. Thanks!

Also, you should behave the same here like you do in real life. Why would you act differently here?

It is nice that we now can discuss like grown men.

HAPKO3, you trying to get me or something? I have said this many times now; We are both beginners at this. It was our very first time testing those drills. We will improve as we train.

Now, if there is any part of my answer that you have a hard time understanding, HAPKO3, let me know in a PM and I will do my very best to explain it to you. Ok?