Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 7:24pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a person does a proper clinch shredding is simply not effective do to the positioning of the body. Any attempt to use it, as in the first video you posted, would get you taken down very quickly. Don't get me wrong though, bite all you want in a real fight, it could be pretty effective. I just hope the guy you're biting doesn't have aids lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 8:17pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn
    Have you practiced shredding thorthe? Because I believe one will fight as one trains...sooo, if you never train it, you will never do it when the **** hits the fan.

Also, you realize what you are saying? I asume you mean that most people probably would resort to "eye gouges and clawing at a persons face" if they panic in a real life threathening situation? Well then, would it not be a good idea to practice this in a more effectice manner (but in real time, with full speed on a resisting opponent) since you obviously think that it will be a natural reaction?

When we are discussing self defence, is it not a bonus that a concept can be thought to a student in the shortest amount of time possible?

Your post is exactly why I practice shredding...:D

Hey I didn’t mean to come across as shitty, but how many times have people heard about a dead victim having the blood and skin of their attacker found under their finger nails?

Or maybe I’ve watched too many CSI episodes Lol.

Here’s my opinion (for what it’s worth):

Train for sport fighting in a full contact (or at least hard contact) environment and being able to defend yourself will be a cool “side effect”.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 1:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Senshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundless
    If a person does a proper clinch shredding is simply not effective do to the positioning of the body. Any attempt to use it, as in the first video you posted, would get you taken down very quickly. Don't get me wrong though, bite all you want in a real fight, it could be pretty effective. I just hope the guy you're biting doesn't have aids lol.
    Again, coming from a guy that have never trained in the shredder? All I show in my videos are som drills. If you notice, in the second video, the goal of my partner is to hit me, take me down and not let me shredd him... He got close once..

You find it funny that people have aids..? WTF?

Again, seems like it takes some time before it really sinks in eh... :beatdead: Biting is just part of the shredd... It is not like senshido guys only rely on biting..

This is what I mean, you guys have a hard time understanding what it is because you have not seen any tapes on it or practiced it.

It really is simple; Next time you grapple, put your hand in your partners face, form a claw, put some pressure on his face, keep your hand there at all times, use your other hand to grab his ear (hold on tight), hair or hold it behind his neck. If he manages to pull your hand off his face, bite him (not very hard, just to get a flinch) and put your hand back in his face when he flinches.

Come back and tell me if it did not work because of the positioning of the body. Also, do the same in the clinch.

Try it before you "tell" me that it does not work...:)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 1:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ / JJJ / Boxing / RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is kind of a clusterf&#K, but...

I do have to agree that Dimitri is being criticised for doing things he simply DOES NOT DO.

His system is an MMA-based system designed for street self-defense.

As there are more variables and different goals in a real-life self-defense situation, the training he does is necessarily different.

I personally think his material is excellent and he is one of the most humble, kind & skilled people I have ever met in the martial arts/ self-defense world.

Of ALL the people out there teaching crap or even just mediocre Self-Defense, to criticise Rich Dimitri is pretty nuts.

If one has a slightly open mind and especially any experience with real-life violence and watches one of his instructionals or goes to a seminar, I think they will come away with a genuine appreciation for what the guy teaches and quite frankly be impressed.

What is being projected onto him in this thread, is largely a warped and inaccurate representation of the guy and his teaching.
    Last edited by PCH; 11/14/2007 1:34am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Senshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, if you do decide to try it, be careful and use common sense... Also, to make it a bit worse, wiggle your hand a bit while still maintaining forward pressure (this is where you have to be careful).

Look, I am not trying to "convert" anyone here. I just wanted to give a shot at explaining some of Richard Dimitris work since it seems he is widely misunderstood here.

Sorry if I came of sounding like a preacher.. Not my intention.

Anyway, like I said, I will continue to film our workouts so check it out if you want to. If not, no problemo! Keep on keeping on!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 8:41am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL
    Fucking portuguese gay midgets... Meet the face-shreddrering HORROR... diediee... Nooo!
    Portuguese gay midgets?! Damn...better start looking for those in my neck of the woods...why? Because I live in Portugal? Or is it a brazilian thing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, coming from a guy that have never trained in the shredder? All I show in my videos are som drills. If you notice, in the second video, the goal of my partner is to hit me, take me down and not let me shredd him... He got close once..
    No offense but your partner looks like he would be incapable of taking down a one legged man, regardless im not someone who simply does sport martial arts and wouldn't understand the effectiveness on "TeH D43dLy S7r337z" of your ninja turtle shredder system. I train in a number of systems and one is a reality system where we do w/e the f@#% we want, Hair pulling, check. Hands in the face, check. Simulated biting, check. etc etc and so on. What's useful against someone who knows the slightest bit about what they're doing?
    Biting? a little bit
    Hands in the face? no, but a great way to get yourself KTFO
    Growling like a retarded animal? only if your opponent keels over laughing at you [which sadly i might]
    hair pulling? can be useful, except when the opponent has no hair!
    Knives? well obviously.
    punching the nuts, less effective then people think but if you can do it repeatedly it's a good straegy, the problem is repeatedly

You find it funny that people have aids..? WTF?
    not really, and the fact that you think i do after making that comment shows there is either a large language barrier between us or you're a moron. I'll gladly say it's the language barrier though since you're from... norway i think?

Regardless you may want to consider whether biting is as useful an option in a real fight simply because if you get beat up but live its better then biting the guy only to die of aids in the long run, it is a real and possible outcome of relying on biting.

Again, seems like it takes some time before it really sinks in eh...:beatdead: Biting is just part of the shredd... It is not like senshido guys only rely on biting..
    This is what I mean, you guys have a hard time understanding what it is because you have not seen any tapes on it or practiced it.
    We don't have a hard time understanding it, from my 30 minutes of youtube investigation it really isn't any different then anything else i've seen. The argument of "you can't tell or judge the system because you've never tried it, is :beatdead:here at bullshido.

It really is simple; Next time you grapple, put your hand in your partners face, form a claw, put some pressure on his face, keep your hand there at all times, use your other hand to grab his ear (hold on tight), hair or hold it behind his neck. If he manages to pull your hand off his face, bite him (not very hard, just to get a flinch) and put your hand back in his face when he flinches.

Come back and tell me if it did not work because of the positioning of the body. Also, do the same in the clinch.

Try it before you "tell" me that it does not work...:)
    Been there, done that. We've done it in class, it has no place in a fight against someone who has any idea what they're doing, might work against some street fighting idiot and that's about it. However if i had you in a real clinch I would love to see you try to claw into my face, it is not possible in that position, body mechanics man body mechanics, what are you triple jointed?! I've watched all 10 or so you tube videos labeled senshido, it's based on krav maga but this guy bad mouths how they teach it. Now honestly krav isn't the most technically perfect art and it shouldn't be, it was designed to rapidly teach soldiers who to fight in a life or death situation and it's battle tested. I'm not a fan of krav myself but for this guy to be joking about it and insulting the training methods of armed forces its kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PCH
    oh no, TeH D43dLy S7337. He shouldn't post youtube videos of such crappy shoots and pathetic clinches then

I personally think his material is excellent and he is one of the most humble, kind & skilled people I have ever met in the martial arts/ self-defense world.
    I might be biased but I think you sound like those nutriders of his on youtube

Of ALL the people out there teaching crap or even just mediocre Self-Defense, to criticise Rich Dimitri is pretty nuts.
    Who said we were teaching it? Who said its crap or mediocre, perhaps you guys need to take what we take before criticisizing us about who we critisize

If one has a slightly open mind and especially any experience with real-life violence and watches one of his instructionals or goes to a seminar, I think they will come away with a genuine appreciation for what the guy teaches and quite frankly be impressed.
    It's the same old boring stuff with a really stupid twist, what's there to appreciate?
    wait don't answer, hands in the face? omgz *shudders*

What is being projected onto him in this thread, is largely a warped and inaccurate representation of the guy and his teaching.
    Then please correct us before you nutride some more, explain what makes his system so amazingly more effective for real life situations, post some youtube videos that don't look like larping and then I'll stop being an asshole, cuz yes im being a huge asshole right now! lol

On top of that you should re read this whole thread, in 2004 before you guys ressurected this dead thread, the mods had jumped on this a bit, it's quite funny and a guy came out an admitted that demitri said "the shredder is an add on" and went on to say something along the lines of you still need good grappling etc. Thats a line I can go for, i still don't like the system but that's my opinion, you on the other hand, you like the system, great. Now you should learn how to grapple better.
    Last edited by soundless; 11/14/2007 10:54am at .

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, soundless already had a pretty good reply, but if I may add...

I reject that idea. You don't have to know the intricasies of the shredder to know that sticking your hand in someone's face is a bad idea, you just have to know how to grapple.

Next time you grapple, put your hand in your partners face, form a claw, put some pressure on his face, keep your hand there at all times
    That's not going to work. First of all, he'll just shuck it. Second of all, if I am not in a completely dominate position like mount or side control, I would be very vulnerable to getting armbarred or swept. I don't have to know the shredder to know that, I just have to know grappling.

I do have to agree that Dimitri is being criticised for doing things he simply DOES NOT DO.

This, by all accounts, seems to be true. (And, soundless, he meant Dmitri here, not Bjorn. The vid's were Bjorn's.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yes i know he meant bjorn, but i youtube searched for dimitri/senshido, you should too if you'd like a good laugh. I don't think i've ever heard the fbomb dropped more times in a seminar in my life lol. But if you look at the comments for the vids its all nutriding, anyways yes armbars, this was brought up pages and pages ago by Osiris.

Now i forgot this part, bjorn or any othe senshido guy, what is your martial art discipline other then senshido... like what experience do you have outside of senshido?

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I've never seen vid of Dmitri. I'll go search, but if you want to beat me to it by posting links, that'd be great.