Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kingston

His training is geared for EVERYONE.

What good is MMA for a 60 year old man? for a child?

I submit to you, helio gracie, who still rolls with his young students.

And I ask YOU: What good is senshido for a 60 year old or child? Do you really think a child can "shred" a kidnapper? Hell, his hands aren't even big enough.

how long before you are able to use it effectivly? after one class? one month?
    A week, I think.

What does it prepare you for? knife confrontation, you have your kids with you, your girlfriend? have you trained those scenario's?
    SCENARIOS are useless. You can't act out your life before hand. People don't react the way you've rehearsed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:51pm

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when people say something reasonable, and it offends me.

I take a hard look at what THAT person is doing, then, after i know, instead of making **** up, I take a look at what IM doing.

i dont hide behind my past philosophies, or opinions... i dont dismiss people because they give a name to their discount oportunities.. or they give a funky name to a concept...

if they critisize me... i give an honest look at what they do, then what i do.... if im still right, thats fine, there is no reason to be offended, if im wrong, i swallow my pride, and try to learn.

when you offended by reasonable arguments... its telling you something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:52pm

Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ps - re the last post you made. You're beginning to get the idea. The physical portion of Senshido is only part of what they do.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bri Thai: I would love a personal demonstration, but unfortunately that would hav to wait. I am awaiting shoulder surgery, and will not be back in comission for a number of months. But anyways, where are you located?
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:53pm

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SCENARIOS are useless. You can't act out your life before hand. People don't react the way you've rehearsed.
    then your not doing it right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scenarios are useless?

Yeah, right. You'll just natrually do the right thing when your life is on the line. You don't need to train for it, no sir..........

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WRONG. Because your "attacker" is playing a role, trying to fit a stereotype that doesn't exist in reality. You can't be prepared for every damn eventuality. Trying to roleplay a pre fight escalation can't be the same thing as reality because you can't encompass everyone with your "scenarios".

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WRONG. Because your "attacker" is playing a role, trying to fit a stereotype that doesn't exist in reality. You can't be prepared for every damn eventuality. Trying to roleplay a pre fight escalation can't be the same thing as reality because you can't encompass everyone with your "scenarios".

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Marasmos

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kingston
    when people say something reasonable, and it offends me.

I take a hard look at what THAT person is doing, then, after i know, instead of making **** up, I take a look at what IM doing.

i dont hide behind my past philosophies, or opinions... i dont dismiss people because they give a name to their discount oportunities.. or they give a funky name to a concept...

if they critisize me... i give an honest look at what they do, then what i do.... if im still right, thats fine, there is no reason to be offended, if im wrong, i swallow my pride, and try to learn.

when you offended by reasonable arguments... its telling you something.
    Makes sense.

However, when people say something reasonable, I don't get offended. I get offended when people use thair eloquence to say something that SOUNDS reasonable and that they know not to be true for the purpose of personal gain.

But as I said above, If Mr. Dimitri has abandoned these positions, then more power to him.

I still feel that he's providing an inferior product, but as long as he doesn't advertize falsely, that's fine by me.
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 3:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by HAPKO3
    Bri Thai: I would love a personal demonstration, but unfortunately that would hav to wait. I am awaiting shoulder surgery, and will not be back in comission for a number of months. But anyways, where are you located?
    The UK. Its silly talk challenges over the net. I was telling you how you made me feel. I have no idea whether or not I would be able to kick your arse. I rarely lost a street fight (apart from as a kid), but haven't had one for about 4 years now. And, of course, I have no idea what you're abilities are.

But I can see that you have a closed mind. You have seen some imagined slur at what you hold dear, and are letting your heart rule your head.

How can you possibly be criticising something you haven't tried? It doesn't make an ounce of sense.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast