Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 4:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What about JKD??

Here is something that is mind buggling me, why the hell isnt JKD like the biggest martial art in the world, not only was it used and taught by one of the greatest martial artist and fighters but its actually and effective system (the whole be like water philosophy makes a lot of sense) so why isnt it as big as something like karate etc....

I just dont get it....we get shitty crap like community centre krav maga but no JKD clubs

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 4:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think it's about genres. The Kung Fu craze with Bruce was '60's and 70's approximately. Karate had already been established and the CMA's were kept kind of secretive. Bruce was brief and didn't have many certified instructors. They all went their own ways and didn't form a union and promote it. The timing for the system has passed as the MMA/BJJ is the thing. There are generations that hardly know who Bruce is or was. jet Li is more well known.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Yeah, i have no idea how i know who the hell Bruce lee is.. Ive only seen one of his movies 1-2 years ago, yet i know i knew him since i was little though.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any proof of its effectiveness?Any videos of JKD used in a fight?Any videos of Bruce Lee actually fighting?

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about JKD? Here's what: it sucks, get over it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:25am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannik View Post
    Here is something that is mind buggling me, why the hell isnt JKD like the biggest martial art in the world, not only was it used and taught by one of the greatest martial artist and fighters but its actually and effective system (the whole be like water philosophy makes a lot of sense) so why isnt it as big as something like karate etc....

I just dont get it....we get shitty crap like community centre krav maga but no JKD clubs
    idiot.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    idiot.
    ok.......thats nice too know....
    Bruce Lee - Catch His Speed If U Can - Video

bruce lee goodness...

ps - anyone who doesnt like bruce lee is alex...alex means idiot...i think...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:41am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lee was an actor. and a **** one at that. what he did do well though was being someone in the right place at the right time and managed to get a lucrative gig making cheap movies for an audience that was ready to lap the **** up. dont get me wrong, i loved enter the dragon, but i also loved kung fu hustle.

Lee never did **** to anyone worth mentioning. he never fought anyone, and the only sparring on video is of him tippy tapping with some other guy wearing full body armour.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so why isnt it as big as something like karate etc....
    JKD is more a way of learning than a system.

What about JKD? Here's what: it sucks, get over it.
    Go read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and inform yourself a little better. JKD is about taking on board anything useful... saying it sucks is like saying there is no inherent worth in any martial arts ;)

Lee never did **** to anyone worth mentioning. he never fought anyone, and the only sparring on video is of him tippy tapping with some other guy wearing full body armour.
    Maybe he didn't feel he needed to prove anything in that way? Why do you? I'm sure there are plenty of excellent fighters out there who don't feel the need to step into a ring...

The only fight you really need to take part in is the one you fight against yourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 6:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bannik, you might want to check out Matt Thornton at Straight Blast Gym. He is of particular relevance as he actually has JKD experience. Basically, as he genuinely applied Bruce Lee's principle of "take what works, discard what does not", Thornton ended up with something that looks suspiciously like modern MMA. I think Bruce would approve, I really do.
    Last edited by Nicko1; 9/21/2009 6:14am at .
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast