• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 3:59pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bourlaoug is a BAD ASS and rightfully deserved.

"Wrestling taught me some valuable lessons ... I always figured I could hold my own against the best in the world. It made me tough. Many times, I drew on that strength. It's an inappropriate crutch perhaps, but that's the way I'm made"

He Knew he could kick is rivals ass, and that made all the difference.

Initially, Borlaug failed the entrance exam, but was accepted to the school's newly created two-year General College. After two quarters, he transferred to the College of Agriculture's forestry program. While at the University of Minnesota, he was a member of the varsity wrestling team, reaching the Big Ten semifinals, and helped introduce the sport to Minnesota high schools by putting on exhibition matches around the state. "Wrestling taught me some valuable lessons ... I always figured I could hold my own against the best in the world. It made me tough. Many times, I drew on that strength. It's an inappropriate crutch perhaps, but that's the way I'm made".[13] Borlaug was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma, in 1992.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Chubbychaser, you should be officially banned from eating Borlaug(TM) brand edible stuff.

You sound like you're still on mothermilk yet anyhow.

Besides, for a guy spewing F.U.'s to Phrost several times in each post you have the face to preach about "maturity level"?
    that hurts, especially coming from a man with a low sperm count

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 5:03pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I wasn't throwing out the race card.

In fact, that's probably the first time I've ever been accused of that given my status as the 37th Whitest Guy in America.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 5:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Eugenics and social darwinism are regularly associated with racist and white supremacy movements. The "backward shits" you're talking about are usually backward because they've been beaten and oppressed so much by those very movements, who then turn around and blame them for their own troubles.

Even if I don't agree that this man is the greatest human being to walk the planet, your line of thinking is greatly flawed.
    no it is not. youre too dumb to understand evolution. if we do not die by starvation today we will die by starvation tommorrow when there simply arent enough resources to support our oversized population. if we do not die of starvation tommorrow we will die by state run extermination programs. that's life, it sucks.

supremacy movements are core to every society on this planet, its not just racist(contrary to what the history channel would have you believe), its human nature. i never stated that i support eugenics, and evolution occurs everytime things change. they are backward because they are dumb, and their culture is dumb, they believe dumb things and kill each other over dumb things, like because their imaginary friend named god or allah told them to kill each other.

this man spread a new technology without considering the long term cosequences of his actions, which was irresponsible. he should have also tried to implement some form of birth control programs along with the agricultural ones, but he didnt. maybe because those backward fucks would have put his head on a stick if he tried to pass out condoms. i guess he is a badass afterall or a *****, i cant tell anymore. phrost's new bullshido has got my head all fucked up.

read a book kids.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 5:29pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbychaser View Post
    no it is not. youre too dumb to understand evolution. if we do not die by starvation today we will die by starvation tommorrow when there simply arent enough resources to support our oversized population. if we do not die of starvation tommorrow we will die by state run extermination programs. that's life, it sucks.

supremacy movements are core to every society on this planet, its not just racist(contrary to what the history channel would have you believe), its human nature. i never stated that i support eugenics, and evolution occurs everytime things change. they are backward because they are dumb, and their culture is dumb, they believe dumb things and kill each other over dumb things, like because their imaginary friend named god or allah told them to kill each other.

this man spread a new technology without considering the long term cosequences of his actions, which was irresponsible. he should have also tried to implement some form of birth control programs along with the agricultural ones, but he didnt. maybe because those backward fucks would have put his head on a stick if he tried to pass out condoms. i guess he is a badass afterall or a *****, i cant tell anymore. phrost's new bullshido has got my head all fucked up.

read a book kids.
    The Origin of the Species by Thomas Robert Malthus

It will clarify everything.

Don't feel bad that you didn't get the joke chubby. It was about you, not to you.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 6:19pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbychaser View Post
    this man spread a new technology without considering the long term cosequences of his actions, which was irresponsible. he should have also tried to implement some form of birth control programs along with the agricultural ones, but he didnt.
    1. One man can fight only so many battles. Yes, better food production and population control are both critical advances. Borlaug did a hell of a lot on the former front. If he had instead devoted his energies to the latter problem, who knows how successful he would have been? Clearly, he was talented when it came to improving agriculture. Saying that “it, too, must be done” just means that someone has to do it, not that someone who already dedicated his entire life to improving the lives of billions of people must also be responsible for that.
    2. As a matter of fact he did speak out on the issue of population control in his Nobel Prize lecture:

Quote Originally Posted by Normal Borlaug
    The green revolution has won a temporary success in man's war against hunger and deprivation; it has given man a breathing space. If fully implemented, the revolution can provide sufficient food for sustenance during the next three decades. But the frightening power of human reproduction must also be curbed; otherwise the success of the green revolution will be ephemeral only.

Most people still fail to comprehend the magnitude and menace of the "Population Monster". In the beginning there were but two, Adam and Eve. When they appeared on this earth is still questionable. By the time of Christ, world population had probably reached 250 million. But between then and now, population has grown to 3.5 billion. Growth has been especially fast since the advent of modern medicine. If it continues to increase at the estimated present rate of two percent a year, the world population will reach 6.5 billion by the year 2000. Currently, with each second, or tick of the clock, about 2.2 additional people are added to the world population. The rhythm of increase will accelerate to 2.7, 3.3, and 4.0 for each tick of the clock by 1980, 1990, and 2000, respectively, unless man becomes more realistic and preoccupied about this impending doom. The ticktock of the clock will continually grow louder and more menacing each decade. Where will it all end?
    He was even more forthright in his acceptance speech:
    There can be no permanent progress in the battle against hunger until the agencies that fight for increased food production and those that fight for population control unite in a common effort. Fighting alone, they may win temporary skirmishes, but united they can win a decisive and lasting victory to provide food and other amenities of a progressive civilization for the benefit of all mankind.
    He did his part and won victories that, however temporary, were a hell of a lot bigger than “skirmishes”. Who among us—who on Earth has accomplished half as much on the other side?

(Wikipedia claims that he later “changed his position”, when he stated that we are theoretically able to feed 10 billion people—I don’t quite follow that line of thinking: He still maintained that there’s an upper limit, which supports his original argument that population control is necessary.)
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 6:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    being that he understood the consequences of his efforts and still chose to do it, knowing what the result would be, makes him a badass. he chose fame over ethics, that's awesome. who says we need to idolize stupid spoiled whores? whatever, bullshido still sucks. i call for the impeachment of phrost.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Soo Hwa/BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chubbychaser, you should be euthanized to save the future of this planet from your stupidity and any stupidity you may pass along.

1.) Who cares that he didn't beat 27 people by submission? Who cares that you can beat him with your left arm? Nobody, really. the fact you can beat up an old scientist isn't much of an accomplishment. I'm sure any gang banging **** head from any low income inner city neighborhood could as well. Not exactly impressive.

2.) You mean he didn't also save millions and millions of lives through proper birth-control? Damn, that fucking slacking shithead, what the **** was he thinking? He could have been doing that instead of sleeping so morons like us can sit on our asses and debate over what would save the world.

3.) Fame? Don't make me laugh. Getting the Nobel prize hardly makes you famous. Also, considering most people don't know who he is or that he didn't use his Nobel prize to tour around or get a television show shows he doubtfully did it for fame.

4.) How many selfless acts have you done? How many lives have you saved? When you have saved even 1/10th of the lives he saved(that would be 100 million lives) or even 1/1000th(that would be a paltry 1 million lives) then you can say he doesn't deserve this(and actually have a leg to stand on).

Seriously, giving this guy 1 measly month is the least this community could do. If you can't respect that then you are truly a sad, sad man.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraithe View Post
    chubbychaser, you should be euthanized to save the future of this planet from your stupidity and any stupidity you may pass along.

1.) Who cares that he didn't beat 27 people by submission? Who cares that you can beat him with your left arm? Nobody, really. the fact you can beat up an old scientist isn't much of an accomplishment. I'm sure any gang banging **** head from any low income inner city neighborhood could as well. Not exactly impressive.

2.) You mean he didn't also save millions and millions of lives through proper birth-control? Damn, that fucking slacking shithead, what the **** was he thinking? He could have been doing that instead of sleeping so morons like us can sit on our asses and debate over what would save the world.

3.) Fame? Don't make me laugh. Getting the Nobel prize hardly makes you famous. Also, considering most people don't know who he is or that he didn't use his Nobel prize to tour around or get a television show shows he doubtfully did it for fame.

4.) How many selfless acts have you done? How many lives have you saved? When you have saved even 1/10th of the lives he saved(that would be 100 million lives) or even 1/1000th(that would be a paltry 1 million lives) then you can say he doesn't deserve this(and actually have a leg to stand on).

Seriously, giving this guy 1 measly month is the least this community could do. If you can't respect that then you are truly a sad, sad man.
    your ignorance is stifling.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:42pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The idea that Borlaug somehow "chose fame" is spectacularly idiotic, especially tacked on as a comment to an article that's primarily about his lack of recognition.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast