Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 12:12pm

Style: Adult Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More women should take Sambo/Jiujitsu

My wife and I take Sambo Jujitsu. I have only been taking it for a couple weeks now and she has had a little over a year with it. She has been getting progressively stronger and more technical as she has been training. I decided to join as a result of this. I consider myself to be a pretty strong person and at 6' 185 pounds, but it has taken me more and more energy and strength to fend her off. Last night we were wrestling on the couch and she pinned me down in the corner of the couch and I could not get her off for the life of me. So if Sambo can do this for my wife then I would suggest that more women do it just for the simple fact that some day you may actually kick your boyfriend or husbands ass. My wife is getting pretty damn close and at times she really gives me a run for my money. I am quit proud off her and feel a lot safer about her ridding her bike back and forth to the college. I feel sorry for the dumb **** that try's to **** with her. They will be in for a rude awakening when they realize that this little chick is going to tear them a new asshole. I am just amazed on how refined her rustling has gotten since she started taking Sambo Jujitsu. I also want to thank Omega and his team for training her and myself as well. It is a great gym and I recommend it to anyone in the Santa Barbara area. It rocks and is a great training environment.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you call it "Sambo Jujitsu"? Those are two different arts. Do you train in Full Gi, or Kurtka and shorts?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train in a rash gaurd and board shorts. I call it that as my instructor said that it is what I am taking. Maybe Omega can clarify this a little better. I am new to the MMA world so I am not familiar with all the differences in the arts. Sorry for the ignorance on my part.

Edit: I guess it would be mainly Sambo with an emphasis on Jujitsu?

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I was asking, when you guys do throwing are you wearing jacket and pants or jacket and shorts (and shoes)? That would be an easy way to tell.

Omega is your teacher? Or your wife's?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As of yet, nether one. I have seen the jacket being worn by other class's but the one I am in at the moment does not wear a full Gi or the jacket. I would however like to take the class with the jacket as it would add an additional element to grappling.

Omega is both my wife's and my instructor. I asked him what I should call the training and he told me that it was a combo of Sambo and Jujitsu so that is why I put it down.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:50pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Slaps forehead.

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    As of yet, nether one. I have seen the jacket being worn by other class's but the one I am in at the moment does not wear a full Gi or the jacket. I would however like to take the class with the jacket as it would add an additional element to grappling.

Omega is both my wife's and my instructor. I asked him what I should call the training and he told me that it was a combo of Sambo and Jujitsu so that is why I put it down.
    Oh, OK. Combining the names like that might raise a few eyebrows (kind of like Football Rugby). I'm guessing he would have spelled JJ "Jiu-Jitsu" which is the Brazillian spelling. "JuJitsu" has a Japanese connotation.

Anyhow, enough spelling.

Happy training!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up on that. I am still trying to get the vocabulary down with all the different arts.

I am enjoying the training so far and have definitely gotten hooked. It is a great workout with an added benefit of technique with it. I have always enjoyed grappling with friends and siblings. Now I can refine that and when I grapple with them again they will have a new level of skill and technique to deal with. I have a buddy who joined the army and did his tour of duty. I used to grapple with him a lot before he took off. When he got back he was kicking my ass when I used to toss him around like a rag doll. I cant wait to see him in a few months and show off the new found skills and see how he holds up then. It will be fun to test out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 2:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    *Slaps forehead.

Sorry man, I told you I had no idea what the **** I am talking about. That is why I was trying to clear it up with you the other night. You may kick my ass tonight when I come to class.

Just be sure to put me in my place when I say something stupid. Still trying to get the lingo down.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 2:04pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record this was a can of worms I had hoped never to address:
    1. I got tired of explaining that we do SAMBO and J? Jitsu was a different art.
    2. I have a blackbelt in Judo and J?jitsu and I figured why the hell not.
    3. A lot of principals I learn and teach I definitely got for Jiu jitsu.
    4. To me the direct application of the techniques is SAMBO.
    5. Jiu jitsu techniques and approach is what I teach beginners.
    6. SAMBO is for advanced techniques and merging of combative ideas.

Definitively SAMBO are 70% of the submissions, throws, and applications that I teach.
    Jiujitsu mainly focuses on ground and guard work and if I'm showing gi techniques.

My heart is in SAMBO but I've got to be honest when teaching the techniques and where I learned them. I definitely didn't learn the triangle, omapolata and darce from SAMBO. But then again I learned most of my leg locks from shootfighting, RNC and initial throws from Judo and my better throws, transition application and grappling dominance from SAMBO.
Page 1 of 46 1 234511 ... LastLast