Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 8:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, I couldn't have swept that guy. The top guy wasn't even attacking most of the time. He had his hands on the mat. Abe just kept holding him in closed guard. I think rampage fight more on heart than head, but he did tell him to push the guy away. Even my wife who doesn't do jits at all was wondering why he was holding full closed guard.

It is better to scramble, let them get side control and try to escape than get pummeled. It if is not working, do something else.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:18am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rapmage is definitely the worst coach and cornerman ever. His only virtue is that he is a great foil to Rashad. Rampage is an idiot, but he sure gets under Evans' skin and I think it's comical. The pure, unadulaterated stupidity and lack of coaching skill is great. "I got a great team...my team is bigger and size matters." His infatuation with man-titties was disturbing though.

Thanks for the fucked up pics Danno. I wish I hadn't clicked the spoiler. That was the 2nd fight of the night where I had to avert my eyes.

In the Fight Night with Gray Maynard / Roger Huerta I was writhing in discomfort at that damn shoulder lock. I thought Huerta's arm was going to snap off.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note: While Rashad brought Greg Jackson and Trevor Wittman as assistant coaches, Rampage brought Tiki Ghosn and Hector "Sick Dawg" Ramirez.

This is going to be sad.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but Tiki has that awesome Goatee. :new_silly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if Team Rampage will win any fight. Rampage's fighters should'nt be too confident after that fight. And why wasn't it stopped? The pictures look disgusting.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, those photos are something else. Well, I hope chemical engineers have good health insurance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:08am

Style: Bas Rutten tapes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That really was the worst coaching ever. I think Rampage just coaches the way that he fights. When he goes into a fight his strategy is "RAAHR I'm gonna beat this kid up, RAAHR" so he assumes that will work for anyone.

Telling your trainee "It's all good, just knock him out. GET UP AND KNOCK HIM OUT! GET UP.....DARN IT WHY DIDN'T THAT WORK!?" is stupid. I've never trained MMA and I could coach better than that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:22am

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    In the Fight Night with Gray Maynard / Roger Huerta I was writhing in discomfort at that damn shoulder lock. I thought Huerta's arm was going to snap off.
    All I could think of when watching that was that it was going to end in disaster like this: (Don't watch if you don't want to see someone get broken obviously)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtMonVbdYxw

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:23am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When is TUF on??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:24am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage is just a parody of himself at this point. I feel sorry for the guys he's picked because they're at a massive disadvantage going forward. Coaching gems like "his wrestling is weak but he knows ju-jitsu so he should be okay"... yeah.

The fight was brutal and should've never gone to the second. There was no point and a good coach would've saved his fighter getting an already horrificly huge cut opened up even worse. Big dude had no ability to sprawl or do anything from the bottom against a guy with sloppy GNP. Makes me wonder who his six wins were over, probably big dudes who stood and swung.

This season does have some decent potential for crazyness so I'll likely watch for awhile yet.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast