Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:03pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    I remember you. You were a dick (good thing) and very knowledgeable about muay thai.

Welcome back.
    Thanks, and Im glad you guys got rid of the voting down system. That **** never did me any favors...

BTW guys if you frequent MMA.tv you may have seen a thread where images are taken off the TUF intro and there it looks like a black guy is beating down a fat white guy (its amazing how Nelson is a pro fighter but still manages to look like a fat ass that never stepped in a gym his whole life). Its very unclear but the arguement can be made that its from the Kimbo-Nelson fight. But it could also be some other guys,

On the contrary its also been said that Roy Nelson has been inviting friends over to a party of some sort to watch the next TUF show, I guess it wouldnt make sense for him to do that if he got knocked out.

But well see. Personally I think Nelson submits Kimbo in the first.

I dont think Kimbo will ever become successful at MMA. Hes too old (and dumb) to ever get good enough with his grappling and his chin is rubbish, which is not exactly good when your "strategy" is always to slug it out with your opponents. I guess he could beat some BJJ guys with poor takedowns but against strong wrestlers and technically good strikers he will be destroyed.
    Last edited by Draven; 9/28/2009 12:15pm at .

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:04pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I agree that if he beats Nelson, he has a good chance of winning. He will not beat Nelson, however, and his hands are not especially good. No matter how much you like your training partner Thompson, he is incredibly sloppy for his experience and has a poor chin. Knocking him out is not a fantastic feat or proof of greatness.

And if you train with Thompson, I'm sure he must have told you how that stoppage was way premature, meaning Kimbo could not even convincingly knock out Thompson.
    My main issues is that i think Nelson's stand up is way overated. (he also looks fatter than usual) Dont get me wrong he's a better fighter than Kimbo with far more experience but i still dont really rate him and i think he could easily lose this.

Yeah the stoppage was absolutely Premature (and there's the phantom tap) but still Thompson has been fighting for a long time , he's fought some good guys and he's 265lbs of lean muscle.

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:09pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    but still Thompson has been fighting for a long time , he's fought some good guys
    And been destroyed every time...

The biggest win of his career was a lucky punch against an aging, undersized Judoka (Hidehiko Yoshida)

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimbo hit a clean four punch combination on Thompson and not only didn't knock him out, but couldn't even knock him down.

He was so gassed afterwards that he had trouble standing.

He got KOed by a one-legged backpedalling jab from a lightheavyweight.

He may have athletic potential but there is no reason whatsoever to expect him to beat Nelson.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it wrong that I'm cheering for Kimbo? Nothing against Nelson, but I'd like to see Kimbo last more than this one episode. Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool...
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW guys if you frequent MMA.tv you may have seen a thread where images are taken off the TUF intro and there it looks like a black guy is beating down a fat white guy (its amazing how Nelson is a pro fighter but still manages to look like a fat ass that never stepped in a gym his whole life). Its very unclear but the arguement can be made that its from the Kimbo-Nelson fight. But it could also be some other guys,
    I saw that. When I heard Kimbo was going to fight Nelson, I looked at it again. I don't think the white guy was fat enough to be Nelson, and the black guy could easily be Demico "Rashad's Big Older Brother" Rogers.

He was so gassed afterwards that he had trouble standing.
    This. People are actually having faith in Kimbo's gas tank based on the fact that Big Country is so fat, even though Kimbo himself has a pretty bad track record in fights that last a while.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 3:23pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ***ADMIN NOTE***

jason123's post containing unreleased footage of a yet to air fight that may or may not contain spoilers has been moved to the hidden mod forum. Posting of TUF spoiler footage before it airs from this point on will get anyone a 1 day timeout for first offense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 3:25pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got it
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617