Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the guys on the show are generally on the finale whether they win or lose; it's nothing unique to Kimbo.
    That's true, but usually a lot of them are on the prelims. Kimbo will almost certainly be on the main card, even if he gets whooped in his first match.

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 6:39am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just let Dana kill MMA and set up Kimbo vs Brock, so we can all move on... As far as I can see that's where this is headed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 9:20am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TUF and UFC on the whole are headed wherever the money flows. I already see more drama than substance on the show, but it's spilling into the pre-fight hype too, a la Don King promotions.

Remember when Dana used to wear a suit and look like a professional businessman?
    Remember when everybody was shocked by those F-Bomb speeches? Not that the look makes the man, but in this case the whole presentation is summed up in Dana's personal appearance - it's turned smug, spoiled and sloppy and gotten too rich to give a ****. It's really unfortunate because I used to actually think Dana was great and a good representative of the sport.

He went to the house in the early episodes and admonished these guys for being wild fuckups and making the sport look bad. "If you guys act like violent, childish assholes, the whole sport suffers..." Now he's promoting that type of ****.

But it really doesn't seem to matter when it comes to the bottom line. The show and fight sponsors now are Budweiser, Burger King, Pepsico, etc. Used to be Condom Depot and Xyience...

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    sloppy
    Wrong. Nothing about any of this is sloppy.

But it really doesn't seem to matter when it comes to the bottom line. The show and fight sponsors now are Budweiser, Burger King, Pepsico, etc. Used to be Condom Depot and Xyience...
    Exactly. While it is easy to find fault with the whole catering to the lowest denominator mentality, it is damn hard to find fault with how the UFC has progressed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 12:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He went to the house in the early episodes and admonished these guys for being wild fuckups and making the sport look bad. "If you guys act like violent, childish assholes, the whole sport suffers..." Now he's promoting that type of ****.
    Food for thought. He also made sure Junie got his ass kicked. He also kicked a guy off the show after he'd already won for acting like a nutcase outside of the house.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 4:10pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think he'll make sure Brock gets his ass kicked anytime soon? He certainly shows poor sportsmanship - refer to post Mir interview please.

And as far as acting like an ass outside the show wasn't one of the coaches on this season "acting like a nutcase", or did I just imagine Rampage being involved in some kind of hit and run? Wasn't there some shitty excuse like "oh...don't worry, he's just lactose intolerant. It won't happen again."

And now he's coaching on TUF?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 12:25am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i don't get is where Rampage got the idea his fighter had a sick ground game. he said something along the lines of "he has good striking, and great jujitsu. his wrestling isn't good, but that doesn't matter when you're great at jujitsu".

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 12:33am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
    He also made sure Junie got his ass kicked.
    No one else in the history of TUF who acted like Junie (as if there was anyone else) was let off the hook three times. If Dana wanted to make the sport look better and make sure Junie got his ass kicked, he should've made a speech in the house and kicked out Junie the first time. With that handled, he could've then had Junie beaten into pulp by any UFC contract fighters that felt like teaching a prick a lesson.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 5:13am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think he'll make sure Brock gets his ass kicked anytime soon? He certainly shows poor sportsmanship - refer to post Mir interview please.
    I know people seem pissed of att Lesnars behavior after that fight, and I can agree that some of what he did and said were in poor judgment. However, he did apologize afterwards (probably after being scolded by Zuffa), and has acted with class in most interviews I have seen him give. From what I've seen of his MMA-career he has given ONE bad interview, and the rest have been ok. I find it funny that people seem very disposed to hating him, and all they can point to is that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    No one else in the history of TUF who acted like Junie (as if there was anyone else) was let off the hook three times. If Dana wanted to make the sport look better and make sure Junie got his ass kicked, he should've made a speech in the house and kicked out Junie the first time. With that handled, he could've then had Junie beaten into pulp by any UFC contract fighters that felt like teaching a prick a lesson.
    Absolutely agree that Junie should have been kicked out earlier. Now, how much do you really think it was up to Dana? It seems clear to me that Zuffa has very limited input into who gets to be on the show, and that Spike cares more for drama then professionalism.

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 12:02pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nifoc View Post
    Now, how much do you really think it was up to Dana? It seems clear to me that Zuffa has very limited input into who gets to be on the show, and that Spike cares more for drama then professionalism.
    I understand Spike's power over the casting and editing of the show; on the other hand, if Dana's contract with Spike prevented from expelling Junie, he (Dana) should grow some balls and tell Spike to go **** themselves. The UFC isn't lacking exposure these days, and Spike gets a lot of advertising money for the UFC broadcasts.

I would hate to lose Fight Night and Unleashed, but there's no reason they couldn't join the WEC assets on Versus. I am no fan of Comcast, but Viacom seems to be out of their damn minds.