Posted On:
    9/21/2009 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the record, Kimbo is already slated to appear in the finale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ult...weights_Finale

It doesn't say if he made it through, but it's not like anyone expected him to not be on even if he lost. The first episode of TUF 10 was the most watched original in the network's history, so the ratings for the finale will probably be through the roof with Kimbo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 3:40pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    TUF is some kind of big fat anti MMA ad. If you knew nothing about the sport and this first episode would be the first thing you see about it, you would share most of the typical anti MMA arguments.
    As a long time MMA fan I watched a full TUF ep for the first time this season to check out Kimbo. They interview Dana White thru the ep and he just comes acorss as smug and uncaring. This is the guy that is representing the largest MMA org out there? It gives me little hope for the UFC and the sport in general. Thankfully not every promoter seems to be quite the loud mouth douche that White appears to be on camera. TUF seemed to be a cheap ripoff of the Real World, right down to the housemate drama.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 3:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could be worse. The first season or 2 had challenges, like dragging people out of a mud pit. It was a lot more like Road Rules back then compared to the last several seasons.
    The tournament also didn't really have any structure in the first season, if I'm correct?

But either way, TUF has always managed to make me frown a little bit more as the seasons go by. I used to believe it couldn't get any worse than Chris Leben pissing in some guy's bed. Then in season 8 we got Junie Browning, people ejaculating in eachother's food, and some guy who compared himself to Hitler. It's like an infinite turd coming out of my asshole, it never stops and it keeps getting worse.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 4:08pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    But either way, TUF has always managed to make me frown a little bit more as the seasons go by. I used to believe it couldn't get any worse than Chris Leben pissing in some guy's bed. Then in season 8 we got Junie Browning, people ejaculating in eachother's food, and some guy who compared himself to Hitler. It's like an infinite turd coming out of my asshole, it never stops and it keeps getting worse.
    All this is so true - my wife asks me why I'm watching guys pissing in each others fruit plates or masturbating in their sushi. I have no answer, and don't even enjoy most of it. I suffer through 40 minutes of childish bullshit, pranks and the same old training montages for a fight that's usually mediocre. WTF am I doing?

By and large the show is so much detritus, but it's actually introduced some excellent, entertaining fighters in their divisions...Griffin, Sanchez, Diaz Bros, Evans and so on. I really wish the show would focus more on how the fighters improve and train and focus less on the pisspoopfartshitwhinefaintinggaberudiger aspects. It could actually be decent if it were done right.

But I'll still watch it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 4:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By and large the show is so much detritus, but it's actually introduced some excellent, entertaining fighters in their divisions...Griffin, Sanchez, Diaz Bros, Evans and so on. I really wish the show would focus more on how the fighters improve and train and focus less on the pisspoopfartshitwhinefaintinggaberudiger aspects. It could actually be decent if it were done right.
    What's also annoying is when there's no real conflict in the house and the show focuses on minor disagreements. Like in season 6 when Ben Saunders was complaining to George Sotiropoulos about not setting the clock.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 9/21/2009 4:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:54pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the only way any change will occur with this series is if the viewers stop watching in large enough numbers to make a dent in the sponsors pocket book. It also has to be made clear that the audience is not content with petty man-drama, immature behavior from the fighters, etc. and that viewers are more interested in training methods, decent fights and the such.

Unfortunately, from some of the posters on this thread (and myself included), not many people are boycotting TUF 10 or writing to DW about the crappy state of this series and its bad representation of the sport.

I guess what I am saying is that this next evolution of reality tv that is the TUF, is our ultimately our fault since we keep watching this ****.

just my 0.02 cents

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 6:19pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr View Post
    I think the only way any change will occur with this series is if the viewers stop watching in large enough numbers to make a dent in the sponsors pocket book. It also has to be made clear that the audience is not content with petty man-drama, immature behavior from the fighters, etc. and that viewers are more interested in training methods, decent fights and the such.

Unfortunately, from some of the posters on this thread (and myself included), not many people are boycotting TUF 10 or writing to DW about the crappy state of this series and its bad representation of the sport.

I guess what I am saying is that this next evolution of reality tv that is the TUF, is our ultimately our fault since we keep watching this ****.

just my 0.02 cents
    Maybe. I DVR the eps and it's my understanding that recording the eps does not count towards the ratings. Of course that has more to do with technology than with people boycotting the show. Either way this trainwreck doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Just for the record, Kimbo is already slated to appear in the finale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ult...weights_Finale

It doesn't say if he made it through, but it's not like anyone expected him to not be on even if he lost. The first episode of TUF 10 was the most watched original in the network's history, so the ratings for the finale will probably be through the roof with Kimbo.
    All the guys on the show are generally on the finale whether they win or lose; it's nothing unique to Kimbo.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 6:57pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod View Post
    All the guys on the show are generally on the finale whether they win or lose; it's nothing unique to Kimbo.

yeah, I always thought they got a second chance or something during the live finale. They usually still suck but at least they get to give it another go.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr View Post
    yeah, I always thought they got a second chance or something during the live finale. They usually still suck but at least they get to give it another go.
    I think the main reason is to avoid spoiling the season's ending; in the earlier seasons people figured out who was in the finals pretty early because only some of the fighters were in training camps for the finale and word got around quick.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.