Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 7:28am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It all seems like a desperate ploy to cover up the UFC's lacking HW div. "See guyz, we've got sooo many great HW's, Fedor's crazy to not be here...see?...."

I'm still pissed that the UFC let so many HW's go after they bought Pride. They're still sucking in HW's..and they bought the prmotion w/ the deepest HW roster in the world. Sad really.

And there are guys on the show that have NO pro fights? Not very impressive. TUF is UFC meets WWE..and has the worst of both. They just need to go ahead and hire a booker...to decide who wins..and then there'll be no illusion about how bullshit it all is.

Anyone honestly think that the HW's out there who are already pro, with experience, and not in the UFC wouldn't total-own most of this lot, in short order?

Through TUF, the UFC is branding it's self as an intemperate, flashy trash-heap. No class, and not becoming of a young sport (in it's present form). They need etiquette lessons from....Fedor on TUF..they should bring him in as a consultant.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 8:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't have said it better, Bobby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When Kimbo gets taken down and kept there, will Rampage walk out on him too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TUF is some kind of big fat anti MMA ad. If you knew nothing about the sport and this first episode would be the first thing you see about it, you would share most of the typical anti MMA arguments.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the noticeable difference between this and the contender is i think in what target market they are trying to reach. in that TUF appeals to boneheads who wear tapout shirts and try to pick fights outside bars, while the contender appeals to... actually im not really sure who it appeals to. over emotional wannabe warriors perhaps?

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 8:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I've heard, coaches/trainers don't want fighters to know their opponents..and only their skillz. Having them all in a house is just bad.

Ignoring this, to heighten the drama, and get some tv ratings hurts mma's image, and the perceived temperament of ALL mma fighters. Saku, Josh Barnett, Fedor...these guys know how to carry themselves. The skillz are one thing, but being ambassadors to the non mma-world is key right now. All this makes me sick...like R Kelly just got the leading position on a committee on preventing statutory rape.

It's like a police cadet show, where they bunk w/ the sopranos.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 8:58pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Nate Quarry projected a very good image for the sport, back when he was on the show. There were others who really stood out as decent people, but I remember Nate the most. He's just a stand up guy.

And call me crazy, but I can see Ferguson being a decent spokesman for the sport. He seems to be a nice, well spoken guy with clear goals and a willingness to learn. If people can ever get past all that youtube crap, I think he'd be a welcome addition to the UFC. That's just me though.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 9:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, but having a few great spirits in there, with a load of bad attitudes, won't well represent the sport. It's not as though it's a tickling contest, but to license mma in more states, and purge the prejudice against it, in the non-fight loving parts of society, takes more than a few shining examples.

It needs to be where problems are dealt with in a way, that fighters expect to be held to a standard of composure.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 11:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Having Kimbo on the show after hearing Dana rag on him so much seems a little stupid. Having several guys with little or no fight experience seems stupid (although not unprecedented).
    Actually White always said the only way Kimbo would fight in the UFC is by going through TUF first. So actually it isn't stupid and is remarkably honest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    It all seems like a desperate ploy to cover
    And there are guys on the show that have NO pro fights? Not very impressive. TUF is UFC meets WWE..and has the worst of both. They just need to go ahead and hire a booker...to decide who wins..and then there'll be no illusion about how bullshit it all is.
    Could be worse. The first season or 2 had challenges, like dragging people out of a mud pit. It was a lot more like Road Rules back then compared to the last several seasons.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast