Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bob Chaney

I am a 115 pound 39 year old mom.I went to Bob Chaney Family Martial Arts to be a better role model for my sons.We trained together in Muay Thai. After six months I was testing for another sash, and Bob Chaney put me in the ring with a two hundred pound man.He set the timer for a minute,& he let the instructor Ted Foster beat me infront of my small sons.I just kept telling myself not to fall,my knees got weak,& I was disoriented. I ended up having a concussion, post concussion syndrome, & my right eye was partially blind. For a couple days I was slurring words, & I had bruising up and down my forearms. I didn't have full body gear on, but Ted did. My hits bounced off of him like ping pong balls. I put my trust into Bob Chaneys judgement, but now I see I cannot trust him with the safety of my sons either. I seriously thought he would stop the fight, but he let Ted Foster beat the heck out of me! He said that I hit so hard, that I have the power of a man. If you were to see me, I am tiny. I have been called Barbie, because of my long blonde hair and small size. That wednesday before testing Bob Chaney told me to punch a 12 year old boy named Brandon in the head. He said "Hit him in the head hard". I told him that I couldn't do it because my son is twelve, and I wouldn't punch him in the face like that. I know he was punishing me because I disobeyed an order. Bob Chaney is a disgrace to Martial Arts. I fear the safety of other children & women at his place. I was trying to be a better mom by training with my sons. I really enjoyed that time together. I never thought they would see their mom beaten before their eyes, while Bob Chaney laughed about it!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds very serious. Do you have a link to the site? We could use google but Bob Chaney might be common name.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:14pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long ago was this? I ask, because as cyrijl says, I googled the club and found it to be in california. We had a thread asking about it in 2006 and then they only seemed to teach TKD.

Also, have you spoken to a lawyer/gone to a doctor? This is lawsuit material.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:14pm

Style: Kali, MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, well.

As a 38 year old female as well, I need to ask you why you allowed that to happen. This guy is obviously a shitty teacher, and everyone should know that, and you SHOULD sue him, and you should pull your sons out. But there is no way I would get in a ring with a 200 pound experienced guy on a free for all, unpadded, to be beaten in front of my children.

Women go to MA to learn some street sense. I can't say you demonstrated any.

And yes, if that meant I would be thrown out of the dojo for being a "coward", so be it. Letting a man "punish" you for disobedience is the exact antithesis of why supposedly you were there in the first place.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 36 and I would have gotten in the ring with him. I do that now.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unpadded or padded up much less? And being a relative newbie? Being unwilling to tap out?

I wouldn't.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The unwilling to step out part is the only bad thing. Not to excuse that, but the more experienced person is responsible for controlling themselves in these situations.

But yeah, not stopping the fight when this was happening was bad.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am definitely not saying that she shouldn't sue this dude for all he's worth. He is MOST at fault. I'd line up to shake her hand in that regard.

My point is that women especially, who frequently have more to prove, need to remember that there are no medals given out for walking into situations they may not be ready for and getting severely injured. I am not innocent in this regard either. But if someone thinks that a teacher is being vindictive -- is out to "punish" a woman for insubordination by letting a goon of his beat her -- there IS a bit of responsibility on the part of the trainee to say, "whoa, this is a bad situation and my health is worth more than my brass ovaries."

The "get back in your place" through physical violence is disturbing, so I would add that to the list of things that are wrong with this scenario.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://masterchaney.com/ this is the link to Bob Chaney's family martial arts. This happened on July 31,2009. & yes I did pull my children & myself out.

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 10:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in the area. Visited Chaney's too. I would not call him a shitty teacher.

I have heard a colorful story or two about Bob, but nothing to indicate anything like what was posted above is to be expected at Chaney's.

For example... Did he really just tell you to punch a 12 year old kid in the face at random? Or were you being told to actually aim to connect when doing drills? Or sparring? Because that's pretty normal.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist
Page 1 of 69 1 23451151 ... LastLast