232538 Bullies, 4058 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 7:45am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alternative for Pull ups?

So I quite my gym membership and have been using bodyweight exercises at home instead. I bought a Power Bar that looks like it would work lovely if my door frames weren't so wide.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative to Pull ups? Preferably using things one would find in the home.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inverse rows? They'll hit your traps/rhomboids more than your lats but still a bodyweight pulling exercise. All you need is a pole of some sort and two tables or chairs to brace it on.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 10:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did consider that actually but I thought I wouldn't be able to do them without machinery. Pull up bar across kitchen chairs sounds like a plan though, thanks matey.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 11:22am

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you've got a beam or some such you could chuck a towel, or a rope if it's high up, over it and do pull ups with that.

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 11:48am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Does wonders for grip strength. I do my pull ups with an old gi draped over my bar.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel View Post
    I did consider that actually but I thought I wouldn't be able to do them without machinery. Pull up bar across kitchen chairs sounds like a plan though, thanks matey.
    You can do it with two chairs

YouTube - Steve Cotter Encyclopedia Of Bodyweight Conditioning Upper

1:30

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 3:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks dude

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alternative for Pull ups?

I think double bar is better for alternative pull-ups.