Posted On:
    8/13/2011 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the truth67 View Post
    Once again
    I got my judo black belt from art agusta who trained in the military lives in Boston
    I got my bjj black belt from my cousin bob Moore who got his black belt in bjj from Joe Kelly both live in Boston plus bob Moore got a black belt in judo by art agusta
    Joe Kelly art agusta both retired ! Bob Moore has a ware house in the back of his house were he trains with friends and his brother chuck Moore also a black belt and man do I pray u run into them and talk **** lol I pray I'm sorry u don't know them I guess u don't know every buddy in this sport big shots it's probably a good thing u don't he doesn't play well with others lmfao that's why I want to know who u are so I can tell him lol
    I can't find anything on the Internet about Art Agusta. Does he still teach/do Judo in Boston? Not saying he doesn't/didn't exist, just can't find anything about him. What was the name of his judo/or whatever art club or business in Boston?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 9:47pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And which National Judo organization was he with?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your a coward u talk **** on the Internet your from god knows ware u probably don't even train loll know all the fancy words and documents I ran across your type before all bullshit
    Like I said I don't hide no matter what I say u gonna keep running your mouth lol u probably just a fat bully well guess what I won't be bullied or pushed neither will anyone in my family neither will my students see u in compition? Probably not lol your students probably not you have your own school lol probably not big shot lol master lol funny thing in the 70s and 80s most of u probably were not born or **** in in ya dipper lol baby bullshit
    He's not a real black belt gag goo awwaaa gag aggoooo awwaa he can't be traced back to Carlos aggoobawwa a goo a goo. Sit and spin pal
    Actually, most of the posters in this thread are around your age or older.

Most have been practicing some martial art as long as you or longer.

Many of the names are known to those of us on this thread. IiF is an exception given, perhaps, his position on the forum. With him, you're dealing with one of the finer minds on BS.

All on this thread have shown more maturity than you. As noted by Nefron, what is here is the number one hit under a Google search by your name. Simple questions have been asked and the majority have shown restraint until you became unglued.

Perhaps your coaches never made your rank official with their organizations. You can't prove your rank apparently.

Kudos on your kids achievements. Hopefully, they apply themselves at school as hard as the dojo. You obviously did not.

Added - my kids know their judo affiliation. Surely you remember yours.

Enter key is your friend.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/13/2011 10:08pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 9:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answer to your question Ben is I lost more than I one I had to work harder than most
    Most martial artists I think loose more than they win but I had my day too and of coarse u do better when u are young I don't compete anymore only my two sons and students the game has changed respect is out the door I keep respect in my school all my students are drug free good people like a family u sound like a warrior good luck to u i

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 9:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is he has Dojo rank and their is nothing on the surface wrong with that. I have Dojo rank and could careless what any of you think about it. Just like many of you could care less about my dojo rank.

It is when you start making specific claims, like a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt, in a time period where it was very rare for an American to have one. Judo is very meticulous when they want and it is awfully strange that people are having trouble finding someone that was a national champion junior or adult champion. Twice is even stranger.

Couple that with the extreme rage make you wonder.

Posted On:
    8/13/2011 10:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So which National Judo Organization recorded your Black belt. Once we know that, it will be easy to confirm the existance of your teacher as well. What does your dan certificate say?

Please resolve this.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 1:57am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really curious if you train any adults who compete in NAGA? It is great that your kids have done so well in their divisions but are you training adults too or just your own children?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 6:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    U got me there. No I didn't do good in school; I apologize for my spelling and language. I grew up poor and went to a zoo for high school, lol. My kids do very well in school, a thousand times better than me, lol.

I have nothing to hide. I am blunt and speak the truth. Sometimes I make enemies this way. I just know in my heart what I am: a good martial arts teacher vs trainer; but not very educated.

I don't care about all these leneriges and **** and certifications I wasn't trained that way in my style, not even from the ufc guys that u do know. This all started not over my credentials. It was a personal beef I have with a few guys that own schools or did own a school till I put him out of business for not being honest. Not mentioning who, don't want to gossip, but u know and I know who u are don't we? lmfao.

I have to admit u aggravated me but also motivated me to train harder and my students be ready cause we compeating and winning. Yes u can say I'm not this and not that but u ain't going to like seeing your guys loose to my students. Than what u gonna say? lol proof is on the Matt my be leaf lol
    Try to combine a single set of nouns and verbs as a sentence, where possible. Use paragraphs the separate the text into themes, basically, cover a topic, and when you change direction, hit the enter key a couple times.

I recognize that not everyone has been properly taught grammar, spelling and syntax, but even from experience, you must know that posting a wall of text, devoid of punctuation or line breaks, makes for difficult reading. Since there is an argument ongoing, with fine points of detail to discuss, you are not helping yourself by burying the points you wish to make in a mass of letters.

Now, to the point: you do not value rank and lineage, which is fine. However, rank and lineage are part of the quality control system for many arts. Specifically, in Judo and BJJ, one can be reasonably certain of the qualifications of an instructor, if their credentials check out.

By way of example, if you were to visit a veterinarian, you could ask him where he went to school. You could then get the information on that school, call them, and ensure that this person is qualified to do veterinary procedures. If, on the other hand, he goes on a tirade that he went to some school you would never have heard of, because it was far away, and it was twenty years ago, you may reasonably assume he had not gone to any such school. If you presented him with your suspicion, and he retorted that he has a large clientele of satisfied customers, that in no way changes the fact he has not demonstrated he has the qualifications to be veterinarian, irrespective of the fact he may have the skills to do so.

A more well-targeted example would be a boxing coach. Let's say a coach claimed a history of Golden Gloves wins, and having worked with a period with Cus D'amato. This coach has numerous fighters that perform well, but you can find no record of his having any Golden Gloves fights, and it seems that he was in the military during the period he claimed to work with Cus. When asked, he barks that his fighters are winning. I assume this answer would not satisfy you.

So we are now at this point in your argument:

You do not seem to be able to verify your rank in Judo or BJJ.

The people who gave you your rank are in Boston, and are not actively teaching or otherwise available.

In the absence of verifiable rank, you can not grant verifiable rank to your students.

If you can not grant verifiable rank, your students may be paying for something they can not receive from you.

If you are unknowingly granting unverifiable rank to your students, they could potentially go on to grant unverifiable rank to other people.

Fortunately, in the event that you genuinely have lost any avenue to verify your rank, all you need to do is be graded by someone from a recognized lineage. This will put you in a position to guarantee to your students that their ranks will be recognized, that they will be able to compete in various belt-level competitions, and that those they teach will also have verifiable rank. This will not, unfortunately, apply to your current/past students, who will also have to be graded properly.

If you don't care to do any of this, that's also fine, provided you are up-front about your lack of rank. Claiming to be a black belt due to your, and your student's performance in competition is of no more relevance than claiming you have a valid driver's license due to the fact that you have a winning record at the local racing circuit.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @truth67, the thing is that someone claimed that you hold certifications in certain things. You say that it was the old gym owner, no problem. When someone asks, all you should say is "I didn't say that, I don't have those certs." When I applied for a Law Enforcement job, I had to be certified. I claim that certification, then they verify it. It is simple.

But instead you keep ranting about your skills on the matt. That is great, and I'm sure you have mad skills on the matt. You notice that no one has discredited those skills.

Personally, you claimant that your students have earned all these awards means dick to me. I taught groundfighting for the Rapid Response Teams for years. Notice that I don't claim any belts!! Some of my students went to NAGA and the Alabama BJJ National Championships. One of my students won his division at NAGA. At the BJJ championship, we brought home 8 medals. That doesn't make me a black belt for teaching them. It doesn't make me anything in BJJ.

If you opened your school and only claimed to be teaching submission wrestling, then this thread wouldn't be here. At that time your record and your students record would be your verification of your teaching ability. And from what it looks, it would probably be decent.

HOWEVER, someone claimed Judo and BJJ black belts. THAT is the issue. Not how long you've been training (I've been training since the 80s too.) Not how good you are on the matt (I'm decent on the matt and have hundreds of documents uses of force.) Not how good your students are (my students were pretty good.) But I don't teach any more, so you see not instructor tag. And I never got rank in anything cool, so I don't claim it.

Claiming black belts in BJJ and Judo is good marketing, which is why the "Gym Owner" claimed it. It also means people would pay money for it. Which also makes it fraud if it isn't true.

So can we please end the rants about all the OTHER stuff, and just stick to the topic. And if you want to know where I live, it is on my profile. If you want my name, PM me and I'll give it to you. There are reasons why some of us leave our names off the forum. I have had hits put out on me in the past and I like to make it a little more difficult for them to find me if they start digging up old issues, or get out of prison.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 10:35am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to jump in the fray here.

First please look by your right pinky when typing and find this button.

Next Judo rank from military personal being undocumented is not uncommon. Many got their rank from old school rank tournaments. Beat six brown belts and your a brown belt, beat 10 BB and you are a BB. Though most of them will get that rank certified with an NGB when they get out and start teaching or competing in tournaments because they have to join an NGB in order to compete or get coaching credentials.

BJJ rank is very simple in America. Person A got his from person B and person B usually got his from a Brazilian who someone knows is a BB. We are now seeing crops of American BB who got their BB from an American. Which is fine as long as they are of a real linage of BJJ.

So now we come to the root of the problem. Why can't people who make claims simply state I am a member of USA Judo and got my Judo BB in 1999 and I am a BB in BJJ under John Doe who got his BB from Rohn Doe who was a Carlson Gracie BB.

When people answer "I don't need certification from them or get on the mat and see my skills." This makes us wonder exactly what's going on with you. Take a look at Brandon Quick as an example of bullshitting your way into rank.

Being certified by an NGB in Judo or having good linage in BJJ means that you are a qualified instructor who has received instruction the art form you are teaching from a qualified and knowledgeable instructor. This in turn insures the student is getting real value for the money.

Since there is no state or national certification process for MA instructors it is left up to NGBs and school affiliations to insure that the instructors are competent. Since this is America and any body can start an organization and claim rank it is left up to some people like the gang here at Bullshido to verify claims and help people make educated decisions on training at a school.

I am as disillusioned by the politics of MA as the next guy. I have resigned my position in the state Judo org and will have no dealings with the people in my area because I am tired of the bullshit that is going on here but I still pay my national dues to keep my certifications so people who come to our academy know that their instructor is dedicated to delivering a higher level of education to them.

I am an accomplished coach as you can find in this area and do not need to get on the mat with anyone to prove my skills. The pieces of paper on the wall with my name on it would mean nothing if it wasn't for the students at our academy going out and representing the training and dedication that they put in at the gym as well as the time and effort the coaches but into them.

So grow the **** up, act like a grown man with life experience, answer direct questions with a direct answers, and set the record straight. You had a prime opportunity the educate people on who you are and what kind of instructor you are instead you started a pissing contest.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast