Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who are u to decide who can teach who are u to judge look i got my black belt from art augusta over 24 years ago he trained in the militaryany more info u can ask him he lives in boston and is retired i dont know if he belonged to any association military good enuff for meif u dont think thatsgood enuff tuff **** this is not japan its not brazil welcome to america 2nd i got my bjj black belt from my cousin bob moore he got his black belt from joe kelly both live in boston joe kelly is retired and guess what like me they are american not brazilan im so sorry if u cant trace everyone back to carlos gracie theres my linage if u dont like it tuff **** contact them for more info i am busy running a healthy school i will permote who i want teach who i want and i will not join any association this is america if u dont agree thats tuff u got no athority like u guys think u do to answer aquestion i have mostly adults and teenagers in my school as far as the brazilians that i trained with that gave me belts i dont know if they belong to any association i dont know there teachers i dont know were they got there belts but to me they proved them seelves on the matt who bare u to judge me and say im not qualifide to teach cause my instructers never gave me a piece of paper or you have to belong to a federation to be ablack belt in judo bullshit wake up welcome to america im going to do it my way like it or not u dont tuff ****

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 1:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the truth67 View Post
    Some of u are respectful and some are not I will talk and treat each one different I do not know who gave my judo teacher his black belt I know he got it in the military u believe me fine u don't that's fine too u guys don't know everyone in the world in martial arts not everyone is in the ufc that's it let me say again some schools are big on pieces of paper certificates all that that's good be organized and all that lol Bruce lee once said belt good for holding up pants boards don't hit back lol paper association hiding behind someone famous
    WHo gives a **** what you think? You and your family came in being disrespectful and talking ****. Now you want to hide behind the respect issue like every other douchebag who gets caught lying.

Talkin **** about people u don't know any thing about big mistake I've answered your questions took your insults and the real wise guys on here won't tell me there names some yes but not the wise guys I want to know the man I'm talk in too if your a man !!
    Get over yourself. You hurl insults so, don't get angry when you get them back. Once again grow up.
    We could of bin in a association in judo I never asked lol all I wanted to mow is how to fight that's why I took martial arts not to be a ref not for a piece of paper saying I'm a bad dude I don't care about that **** I like martial arts cause it's about fighting expressing one self u dig ok now give me kiss good night love my fan club I got going here glad u guys care so much about me u **** in nuts
    Get the proof or STFU.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 2:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was actually trying to help you out in my post and explain somethings to people other than you that sometimes you can be a Judo BB without certification but that people usually look to work with an NGB to insure credentials.

Again learn to use the enter key. It makes your post look like you just smash keys and comes off as a frantic diatribe.

Just to reiterate I understand about the Judo rank and its really not that important to be in an NGB. It just looks like you have keep a vested interest in the sport and look continue your progression as a coach.

As far as BJJ lineage is concerned I am not that up to par with some on the history but as far as my understanding goes BJJ as we know it was acknowledged to have come from Judo via Maeda to Carlos Gracie. So if by chance there is another Brazilian Jiujitsu linage please inform us I would love to know of it.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 2:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the truth67 View Post
    they proved them seelves on the matt who bare u to judge me and say im not qualifide to teach cause my instructers never gave me a piece of paper or you have to belong to a federation to be ablack belt in judo bullshit wake up welcome to america im going to do it my way like it or not u dont tuff ****
    So, you have no proof of your claims that you are a BJJ black belt? They never gave you any papers? Interesting.

The only way to get a black belt in BJJ is from another black belt, who was given his black belt by another black belt, and so on all the way back to the Gracies. The fact that you do not know this doesn't speak very highly of you.

Or there is some other way we don't know about? Please inform us.

Keep in mind that your skill, and the skill of your students does not matter. You can be a great grappler without having a BJJ black belt.

A guy I know in my hometown is an elementary school math teacher. He is very skilled, and lots of college and high school students are coming to him for private instructions. Now, although his understanding of math is better than most high school professors, and he teaches a lot of college students, he can't claim to be a professor. Why? Because that requires specific education, and proof of that education. Same with a BJJ blackbelt.

What exactly you don't understand about this?
    Last edited by Nefron; 8/14/2011 2:45pm at .

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    As far as BJJ lineage is concerned I am not that up to par with some on the history but as far as my understanding goes BJJ as we know it was acknowledged to have come from Judo via Maeda to Carlos Gracie. So if by chance there is another Brazilian Jiujitsu linage please inform us I would love to know of it.
    I doubt Andy would know of this or care about it.

Maeda also taught a man named Luis Franca. Modern day, team Nova Uniao is the main branch of Mr Franca's lineage. This is the "rare case" that I spoke of earlier in this thread. There are quite a few schools from this branch, but the Gracie branch is significantly larger and prolific.

The fact that Andy doesn't know (or care) about his lineage is pretty telling. He earned his purple via a legit instructor (I'm still waiting for confirmation) but brown/black is completely uncofirmed and is proving difficult to even remotely confirm.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    U are right most bjj can be traced back to graces I know Joe Kelly
    Gotbhis black belt from one but I don't know whitch one and it was a very long time ago my cosion told me one of hisbteachers or guy
    He trained with died of a early age I can't remember the name he died in bRazil in a hand gliding accident he was suppose to be better than rickson I donT remember sorry lol I don't know what to tell u

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys are a lot older than me I know he did train in brazil but he is americann way before the ufc wasveven herd of I don't know the academy and my cousin told me he came home after this guy died

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you contact your cousin and ask him?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I called him he doesn't know which Gracie but he told me the guys name was rolls.when he died Joe came back to Boston that's all he knows

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    8/14/2011 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    officially, Rolls Gracie only promoted a handful of people to black belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls_Gracie
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast