Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have spoken on the phone with Trent and he has e-mailed me this statement:

Mr. [REDACTED],

Thank you for your time and energy. I am now aware of certain entries on my resume that are incorrect and am in the process of updating and correcting these errors.
    I want to preface this by again stating I take full responsibility for this terrible error.

I have not updated this resume in several years and back when it was being constructed, I had the assistance of a fellow martial arts practitioner of mine and we were engaged in a contest to see who could create the greatest looking resume that had events we were either working towards, or goals that we were aspiring towards, under the premise that they already been completed.
    It was an exercise to see where we were going in our lives while using visualization (with one of the tools being the hope-to-be-actuated resume).

I unfortunately after many years kept that resume in my documents file and when my website was created, I mistakenly sent that resume to my web designer(the actual resume is one line below in my docs file) and even signed off that it had been proofread.

Nevertheless, I take full responsibilty for it all as I had many, many opportunities to review this resume especially given that the first error occurred on the first line.

My on-line resume will be taken down immediately and corrected as soon as I can get a hold of my website designer.

Please allow me to make corrections on a pt by pt process.

I never completed my M.S. Degree from UCLA, I completed my B.S. In Kinesiology in the Fall of 1986. DOB is 11/5/63.

Under competition experience the world champion and other entries regarding boxing and kickboxing are incorrect. I won the middlewt Savate National Championship in Redondo Beach CA, defeating Robin Price at The Strand club in 1989.
    All entries regarding Soo Bahk Do/Tang Soo Do tournament results are correct.
    Under training affiliations I am not currently training with Mr. Roy Harris or Mr. Matt Thorton at this time. So they would become "trained with."
    All degrees of martial accomplishments are correct, regarding all Soo Bahk Do/Tang Soo Do related events as well as those having to do with W.Hoch Hochheims Scientific Fighting Congress.
    I have never won a championship in Thai Boxing.
    Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.
    Sincerely,
    Trent Suzuki

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 8:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this guy so far. Quick response, acknowledges an error, corrects the issues. Hopefully everything will bear out the initial impression of him being a standup guy with an error on his website. Props to Mr. Suzuki for his reaction to and handling of these issues.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That might be the most ridiculous excuse for resume-padding I've ever heard.

But props for coming clean at least.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 9:46pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree Ka-Bar, that excuse is fucking bullshit. A resume concocted on things you hoped to achieve? For fun? Mate, this is Bullshido you're trying to con.

I'd be interested to see how soon he can get hold of his website designer. Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Its all good to acknowledge a problem, thats the first step, but there are many more steps to go. Dragging feet in regards to this is akin to false and misleading advertising.

Do something about it now. Props for taking "full responsibility" for the "errors" though.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 9:55pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually that's not an unheard of exercise. It's part of several Life Coach curriculum and is used by some business coaches to help people figure out how they want to structure their career goals and things like that. I personally would have named it something less ambiguous and more easily distinguished from my normal resume, but I don't find his explanation entirely implausaible.

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work BSDaemon. That's an impressive result.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Actually that's not an unheard of exercise. It's part of several Life Coach curriculum and is used by some business coaches to help people figure out how they want to structure their career goals and things like that. I personally would have named it something less ambiguous and more easily distinguished from my normal resume, but I don't find his explanation entirely implausaible.
    While it may or may not be an effective exercise for motivation or whatever, I find it completely unfathomable that you would write such a list and

1) save it with a file name that would be substantially similar to your real resume

2) that you would send your resume to your web designer without double-checking it

3) that you would let said resume and falsehoods remain unnoticed on your website for 8 FREAKING YEARS

A quick trip to the Internet Archive reveals that Trent's website has had these falsehoods since at least February of 2001.

The website has gone through at least 2 revistions since 2001 and still have these LIES, I mean, honest errors, about Mr. Suzuki's background on them.

From February 2001:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200102201...entsuzuki.com/

From March 2004:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200403220...entsuzuki.com/

The most recent incarnation of the site, starting in August 2004.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200408300...entsuzuki.com/

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 11:42pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kintanon, I write goals out that I want to achieve on a regular basis, you are correct, it is a valuable motivational tool. I aim to achieve a black belt in BJJ and also to complete a degree in psychology but I would correct anyone within a split second of any misunderstanding that resulted from mistaking my goals for my achievements. Not 8 years later when someone says, "hey, battlefields, your **** don't check out, whats with that?"

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 11:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, Muay thai, Bjj,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train boxing at the gym where Mr. Suzuki works. Many of his qualifications including his Bullshido Masters degree are printed on his business cards and other promotional materials, so its not an honest mistake, he is just trying to save face after being called out.
    He talks down to many of the other trainers at the gym and spins tall tales to his high school trainees, whose parents are paying top dollar for his training services based on his faulty resume. He is a con artist plain and simple and you guys called him out, its been a long time coming.
    Have you seen his supposed client list posted on his site? It includes Shaq, Karl Malone, Magic Johnson, Sean Rooks, Bo Kimble, John Lynch, Steven tyler from aerosmith, Kim Cattrall, Michael Milken, and Lee Iococca for crying out loud. This is just to name a few.
    He is one of those guys that cannot seperate reality with his fantasies. You Bullshido guys are AWESOME!

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trent Suzuki is not showing as currently certified. Is it possible it is under a different name?

Thank you,

(CONTACT INFO REDACTED)
    American College of Sports Medicine
    ACSM Certification Department
    One more strike.

Sounds like we need some on-site investigation to move forward.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast