Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks... so less motrin. more food. more sleep.

i ate a bigger meal then i usually do and my mood improved hella.

what's ac and c?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid View Post
    thanks... so less motrin. more food. more sleep.

i ate a bigger meal then i usually do and my mood improved hella.

what's ac and c?
    Its kind of like exedrin with Codeine. Legal to get in Canada but not the US.

+1 on the rest and more sleep. Its not easy to lose weight, but it becomes way harder if you're hurt (trust me...lol). Train safe and good luck :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, the reason you aren't losing weight is probably a result of too much training. Your body is probably full of cortisol and in an extremely catabolic state, so it's eating the muscle and storing the fat.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ac&c = 375mg aspirin, 15mg caffeine, 8mg codiene. It's a behind the counter drug here in Canada, meaning you have to ask for it specifically. Helps me sleep when im really sore. I get migraines, so I have a thousand different pain relievers.

If you have trouble sleeping after hard workouts, there are several things you can take which can help. Easy things like cough syrup or gravol. I wouldn't rely on them though. Proper diet, supplements, and a cold shower after training are the best answers.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how do kill cortisol?

what's gravol?

yeah. i have awful insomnia. been taking melatonin, but it's losing its effectiveness.

thanks guys!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gravol is a medicine to stop an upset stomach, it makes you drowsy. Melatonin is better. I'm talking stuff i take once in a while when i have particular trouble sleeping, not an everyday thing. If you are having trouble sleeping everyday, the answer is likely not drugs (I'm not a doctor! You might want to see one).

Over training can mess up your sleep patterns. Having a routine that is always changing (I currently work at a bar till 3am on the weekends, and get up to work at a golf course during the week between 5-6am) fucks up your sleep pattern royally. Eating a big meal too close before bedtime has always messed up my sleep patterns, same with taking regular big doses of caffiene. Taking a cool shower after an evening workout helps calm your body down for bed as well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great thread, there's lots of focus on training and preparation in our world, and not enough on winding down or taking care of ourselves.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    would taking a cool shower **** with my muscle recovery?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid View Post
    would taking a cool shower **** with my muscle recovery?
    Taking a cold shower will help muscle recovery.

At least, it does in my case
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple calculation on how much you eat (this is an estimate, but is a good guide)
    Calculate your Basal metabolic Rate (BMR)
    BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )
    Calories needed for extremely heavy work days = BMR x 1.9

If you are doing that much exercise, and not loosing weight, its one of 2 things. Your diet is shockingly bad, or you're not eating enough.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last