Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 6:27am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but it's also a DICK move. I'm a fighter as well, and I've had people walk out AFTER we've had the talk with the ref and held their hand out. Yes I could have slammed a nice big kick into their ribs or something but that would make me an arsehole.

No ones disputing you can't do that or anything, we're all just saying he's a cockbag who deserves to have his head smashed in.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 6:28am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Fighting properly means defending yourself at all times.

It's not a war, but it's a fight. Treat it like one.
    But it's not a life or death fight, it's an organized fight between professionals. Doing that sort of thing shows a complete lack or respect for you opponent, and is potentially harmful to the image of MMA.

Do we want a world of sportsman competing with respect, both from within the sport and the public, or a sport of thugs pulling **** like that?

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 7:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Great trick football play

Bad for football?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKovacs View Post
    only when the fights properly under way
    When is this? Sometime other than when the ref says "Fight!" and the bell rings?

This would be different if it was the sort of dick move you couldn't only pull off against someone who was fucking up heavily in the first place.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 7:15am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're comparing apples to pears with that video mate, try again.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 7:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not understand the subterfuge of that play. What possible circumstance is there were the ball could be the wrong one? Does it just rely on the defensive team believing what the qb says or being confused enough to just stand still for a few seconds? Or are there actually situations in American football where you have to use one ball and not another?

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 8:28am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When is this? Sometime other than when the ref says "Fight!" and the bell rings?

This would be different if it was the sort of dick move you couldn't only pull off against someone who was fucking up heavily in the first place.
    I agree that technically that shot was legal but it was still a dick move.

If he wanted to go straight in and drop the guy, fine but he shouldn't have put his hand up to touch gloves in the first place. It was cheap and actually a bit cowardly.

I don't know if there's an equivalent in grappling but how would you react if someone pulled the same **** with you? Accepted a gesture of respect and then floored you for it.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This nonsense of "being a dick", is amusing. The technique was legal, and he won, that's all that matters in a fight. If you cant grasp that, you've no business fighting.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or are there actually situations in American football where you have to use one ball and not another?
    I believe that they will sometimes switch balls if the weather conditions are shitty and the ball is all crapped up. It's not like they were playing in a bog in this video, though, and I don't know of any other reason they would have for switching balls. I think they just confused the defense on that one.

This nonsense of "being a dick", is amusing. The technique was legal, and he won, that's all that matters in a fight. If you cant grasp that, you've no business fighting.
    I'd favor an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of some sort in MMA, like you have in many other sports. IMO sucker punching an opponent should be penalized in some way (either taking money away from someone if the opponent can't continue, or deducting a point if the opponent can continue). At the very least, they should do the same thing that happens with eye pokes and groin shots... allow the guy who got hit some time to see if he can compose himself and then continue. This isn't a true NHB/street fighting situation, there are rules in place for the safety of the participants. Sucking punching a guy can easily cause a concussion, and possibly worse (e.g. people have died from being punched in boxing matches).

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moreover, "legality" is subjective based on what the ref sees. Plenty of people have gotten away with elbowing and headbutting in boxing matches, which becomes legal as long as the ref doesn't see it.

But hey, as long as you win, right?

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely yes.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast