Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 10:20am

Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I am a white boy and therefore have no dancing skills. The closest to dancing I get is the mosh pit.
    Couldn't agree more. Everytime I try to dance people think I'm having a seizure.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 12:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Swing Dance . . . I can lindy hop really well.

I gave up breakdancing somewhere in my 20's. I feel silly doing that **** now. Swing Dancing got me laid. That puts it miles above breaking. If you can do any of that partnered dancing stuff basically swing or latin then you will never lack for women. Even if you don't get laid it's awsome. You still get to hold here in your arms, smell here perfume, her shampoo, watch here smile and wiggle her ass special just for you.

I wouldn't say dancing particularly helped MA at all but MA definately helped my dancing but only with the partnered stuff, especially that Chinese stuff. "listening" energy, peng jin, rooting and all means being able to read your partner well, provide a clear lead and a good elastic connection which is critical for lindy hop. Good structure and alignment gets you in the door with east coast swing. And Mr. Mantis, when you get right down to it, the best leads lead from behind anyways. You sort of need to be able to tell what she wants to do and then provide the lead that will let her do it. It's wierd. Technically your leading but you she decides where she wants to be led. Ach...kind of like relationships actually.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567