Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 1:50pm

Style: hard work work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason it didn't appear as though the knee had any effect is that the blow, quite unexpectedly, hit a Dim Mak point. Don't worry, he'll be dead in a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next time, scream "TIGER KNEE!!!!"

No B.S at all.

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 4:44pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDawg View Post
    The reason that your flying knee didn't work is because Muy Thai and all that UFC stuff is fake. What really works is a wrestling move called the clothesline. When the junkie runs at you full speed, don't hop on a table; instead, you should merely step to the side, stick your arm out, and watch as he runs neck first into your arm and falls on the floor.
    Hey, don't rag on the clothesline. When done properly, it is both hilarious and awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTb5WMQqr1I

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 11:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as soon as he jumps fall backwards and then after he lands roll backwards and do a double kick to the butt followed by a somersault ending with a chop.
    good stuff.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 12:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon do, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMKane View Post
    Today, I found myself in an unfortunate situation, where I had to get into a fight. Lets just say that I had to, get up on a fucking table and flying knee strike a guy who was six feet away. I hit him RIGHT IN THE FUCKING FACE! The follow through pushed him onto a chair, AND THE CHAIR BROKE FROM UNDER HIM! Then he looks up at me and goes 'What the hell? I'll take care of you...' And I was like waa....? Then other people in the room helped restrain him.

Long story short the guy is...in custody. But how the hell did he survive that? He didn't even get bruised!
    Either the guy had a concrete head or you did not connect as hard as you believe you did.

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 12:41am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The flying knee is not the knockout knee. It's the knee to the face where the head is held by the hands in perfect tee-off position ala Mark Kerr against the Army Ranger fight that lasted all of five seoonds. Obviously you didn't hit him square.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 10:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do Shaolin Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today I was thinking about your question, and I decided we're approaching it from the wrong angle. The real question is "How can we help the OP to survive a flying knee strike-that was inneffective?"
    You see, somewhere sitting in jail, there's a pissed off hoodlum coming down off drugs, with a hell of a headache. He's probably told other degenerates both inside and outside (by phone) of the night that led up to him getting busted, and they have mocked him and added fuel to the fires of his rage.
    Now, he has three things on his mind...
    1. Get out of jail
    2. Get drunk and loaded again
    3. Get laid and beat your ass
    (the order of number three is questionable, you might even be his first priority)

Get to a Dojo fast, and start training furiously.

And next time, maybe try and walk the guy out first, and if he resists or gets violent run him face first into the door jam, before sending him through it. Better to seal your buddies door frame with stain-blocking primer and a fresh coat of paint than go in for a knee surgery!

Hitting people hopped up on booze and drugs with body parts is not always as effective as using items made of wood, glass, concrete, whatever.

But hell, give them a chance! Who hasn't been sh*t faced and deserved a good beating once or twice in their life?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:28am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find crack addicts to be annoyingly well versed in table top flying knee and chicken claw death touch defence.

In the future I would simply recommend a firm thumb strike to the groin followed up by a spinning reverse half moon crescent kick to the face.......simple yet effective...

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:38am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knees don't work. I've been hit with lots of knees and they only hurt my opponent's knee.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 3:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Knees don't work. I've been hit with lots of knees and they only hurt my opponent's knee.
    Video or it didnt...

Sorry man, my bad.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast