Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 1:17am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HE GOT ROCKED 1ST ROUND!! ROCKED. ROCKED AGAIN!!! ROCKED!!

Decent UFC, I like Jim Miller's striking combinations and his blocking even more.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 2:40am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might have been McFedries vs Drwal—the first fight that aired on the prelims—it was really sharp. They both had very crisp technique. Did anyone else think so?

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 8:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF happened to Mirko?He was running away, backing up into the fence and lowering his head.He looked afraid.

He was hitting Dos Santos hard with everything he threw, I just don't know WTF he waited for.

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 9:32am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't know if we still need spoiler tags, but just to be on the safe side...

Spoiler:
    Obviously I don't know what was going through Crocop's head(other than Dos Santos' fists), but it looked like he was just trying to end the fight with one big shot and didn't have any plan past that. Dos Santos pretty much had him on the run for the whole fight, he looked like a guy playing a video game who only knew one move and didn't know what to do when the other player wasn't letting him do it. I liked Dos Santos though, he seemed to have a plan and stuck to it, and was able to adjust when he needed to.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too much steroid testing for Mirko to effectively compete at heavy weight like he did in Pride

This PPV was a meh the UFN had more exciting fights.

I was happy to see Vitor dominate though

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:27pm

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was pretty disappointed with the Cro Cop fight too. He didn't look like he was able to adapt to his opponent's style on the fly. I agree it looked like he was waiting for the one punch knockout but it looked silly how he was backing up from Santos the whole fight. He used to be way more aggressive.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Obviously I don't know what was going through Crocop's head(other than Dos Santos' fists), but it looked like he was just trying to end the fight with one big shot and didn't have any plan past that. Dos Santos pretty much had him on the run for the whole fight, he looked like a guy playing a video game who only knew one move and didn't know what to do when the other player wasn't letting him do it.
    You've pretty much described every Crocop fight in the past three years. He's lost his ability to box on the inside and just circles on the outside looking for the big lhk, and if his opponent isn't letting him get it he's lost.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was aggressive for, like, one moment at the beginning of rd 2 (or was it 3?) and that was it. The rest of the time he looked scared. And though I think it is a smart move for him to NOT just stand in the pocket and trade with these young strong guys, hasn't he ver heard of LATERAL movement???

The funny thing is, for all that, the 1st two rds were close, and I actually had rd 1 for Mirko. He was landing that overhand left a lot! And he had Dos Santos hurt once too. He also looked like he was trying to be less one dimensional with some clinch work and a takedown attempt. But in the end he just looked tired, and his chin is clearly gone.

He said he was working on his boxing more. Didn't see it, but that is still probably the right thing for him to do. Plus he needs to be a lot more "elusive" with his footwork to avoid eating power shots that will KO him and to set up his own.

As for the rest... Lol, Trigg. Who thought he was worthy of being back in the UFC? And I feel bad for Franklin. It's starting to look like he has no more to offer at 205 than he did at 185. Kampmann looked unimpressive. Swick would have destroyed him. I hope they give Swick Hughes. He is ready for a shot at the big time.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mirko came in at 220...time to cut to LHW?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 2:40pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Mirko came in at 220...time to cut to LHW?
    Time to cut down to not fighting.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast