Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:24am

Style: bum rush karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn. you're strong. the chains are a great idea.

that low bar grip looks like it prevents being able to drop the weight if needed. I'll give it a shot though.

i'm heading to the gym in a minute. i'm going to start over, start at 135 and move from there. i'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great lifts dude.

To the OP, I don't want to discourage you with my first comment BTW. Just one thing I've noticed in the gym is because squats use such a large muscle group, that guys gets excited by adding on a few plates and doing half the squat. I would definitely say drop to at least 225, maybe even 135 to get the form right and build your support structure before doing the full depth with 315.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS - Looks like I missed your post Atom! Best of luck in the gym today, you'll have to tell us how it goes.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:46am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atom View Post
    damn. you're strong. the chains are a great idea.

that low bar grip looks like it prevents being able to drop the weight if needed. I'll give it a shot though.

i'm heading to the gym in a minute. i'm going to start over, start at 135 and move from there. i'll let ya'll know how it goes.
    Thanks, I didn't post to brag, but just to demonstrate. The chains opperate under the law of accomidating resistance.

The bar should still be able to drop. It's a circle, so it tends to roll down rather than get stuck anywhere.

Best of luck improving your form. You'll find that extra depth is a real ass kicker, and will aid tons more in your development.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just got back, here's the debrief:

so I focused on keeping my knees in the same place and pushing my hips straight back with the low bar grip getting down to thighs parallel with the floor.

I did

14 x 135
    8 x 185
    7 x 185
    5 x 205
    12 x 135

It definitely felt like I was using more of my legs than in the video. More of my back too.

How do you grip with your hands on the low grip? I was resting the bar on the heels of my hands with thumbs over the top of the bar and basically using the stretch of my chest and shoulders to support the bar. Is this correct? I can't tell your grip from the video emevas.

On the low grip: I found I had to keep bent slightly forward at the waist or the bar would slide down my back and bend my wrist back. Is this correct, staying slightly bent forward?

Thanks a lot.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrap my thumb around the bar rather than over, but see what works for you.

If you're leaning forward, you might have it too low, or you might need to focus on pulling the bar into your body. Don't just let it rest, but pull it down, it'll help keep your chest up.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 10:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think i've got the grip and form down now. Maybe I'll put another video up this week.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 12:13pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you might try talking with Boudreaux at the gym. he gives a lot of great tips about proper squat technique
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12