Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I eat all the time. I always want to eat, whether hungery or not, like I ahve conditionined myslef to just constantly be snacking or eating a meal.
    I am definitely not fat

When you get to a certain level of training IMO you have to eat constantly, hungry or not, just to keep your weight on and have ample calories/nutrients to recover.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 3:30am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin P View Post
    If you stuff yourself frequently, beyond your hunger point, then you get fat.
    Stuffing yourself frequently beyond your hunger point and creating a calorie surplus. Yes, that'll make you fat.

Eating a certain amount of calories per day at scheduled meal times and eating whether you're hungry or not will not make you fat. In fact, it is what most athletes do. I seem to remember Emevas saying that he never waits until he's hungry to eat.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 6:52am

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you stuff yourself frequently, beyond your hunger point, then you get fat.
    If the body self regulates calorie intake by hunger why are there so many fat people in the world?

Hunger, as far as I'm aware, is connected to the volume of material going through the stomach, hence accounts of people in concentration camps eating mud and clay to stave off hunger.

My natural appetite is very small so I have to eat calorie dense* foods and eat when I'm not hungry to support the exercise I do. I walk around at around 12% body fat.

*EDIT: by calorie dense I generally mean things with high percentage composition of complex carbs or protein, not fat.
    Last edited by galois; 9/11/2009 6:58am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 7:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel View Post
    Stuffing yourself frequently beyond your hunger point and creating a calorie surplus. Yes, that'll make you fat.

Eating a certain amount of calories per day at scheduled meal times and eating whether you're hungry or not will not make you fat. In fact, it is what most athletes do. I seem to remember Emevas saying that he never waits until he's hungry to eat.

Well. I don't believe that there is any evidence showing that eating even when you aren't hungry will help.

If there is, I haven't seen it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 7:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by galois View Post
    If the body self regulates calorie intake by hunger why are there so many fat people in the world?

Hunger, as far as I'm aware, is connected to the volume of material going through the stomach, hence accounts of people in concentration camps eating mud and clay to stave off hunger.

My natural appetite is very small so I have to eat calorie dense* foods and eat when I'm not hungry to support the exercise I do. I walk around at around 12% body fat.

*EDIT: by calorie dense I generally mean things with high percentage composition of complex carbs or protein, not fat.
    People who are fat eat even when they aren't hungry for subjective benefits. It makes them feel good.

"Hunger" has nothing to do with what is going through the stomach, but rather hormones such as leptin. This is why no-calorie foods don't help hunger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 8:25am

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People who are fat eat even when they aren't hungry for subjective benefits. It makes them feel good.

"Hunger" has nothing to do with what is going through the stomach, but rather hormones such as leptin. This is why no-calorie foods don't help hunger.
    No doubt it is true that some people overeat for purely subjective benefits but I don't believe that this holds in general. Hormones such as Leptin are connected to weight and hunger but their roles do not seem to be as concretely determined as you appear to believe. In particular the relationships between levels of various hormones and obesity is an active research area.

From my, admittedly limited, reading of the literature, the connection between hunger and hormones does not in itself rule out a connection between hunger and the physical presence of food in the stomach. If you know there is no such connection I would be very interested in reading your sources as, from a purely personal perspective, my experience tells me that eating 300 grams of raw vegetables fills me much more, at least in the short to medium term, than 4 teaspoons of glucose and a packet of crisps.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 9:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by galois View Post
    No doubt it is true that some people overeat for purely subjective benefits but I don't believe that this holds in general. Hormones such as Leptin are connected to weight and hunger but their roles do not seem to be as concretely determined as you appear to believe. In particular the relationships between levels of various hormones and obesity is an active research area.

From my, admittedly limited, reading of the literature, the connection between hunger and hormones does not in itself rule out a connection between hunger and the physical presence of food in the stomach. If you know there is no such connection I would be very interested in reading your sources as, from a purely personal perspective, my experience tells me that eating 300 grams of raw vegetables fills me much more, at least in the short to medium term, than 4 teaspoons of glucose and a packet of crisps.
    That's one of the main reasons why 0 calorie foods don't get rid of the hunger. There is an urge to eat based on the bodys need of calories and if those calories aren't met then you remain hungry. If people could eat 0 calorie mass foods in substitute for caloric foods then that would make it super easy to lose weight.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12