Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know him, but as mentioned, anyone who was an original Dog Brother pretty much gets nothing but the highest marks. Damn, I wish he was in Ottawa!

It looks like an awesome school.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 2:06pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respect Khru Phil for not only his MA background, but for the fact that he is such an active participant in the MA community. He is always judging, cornering, and reffing at events in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. His forthright approach to the scene is also refreshing. In short, Khru Phil is Khru Awesome!

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:49pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain82
    Amen to that. It honestly doesn't get any better than Philip Gelinas. He is one of tree people that my PT Kali Guro has unhesitatingly said is a great teacher and fighter- the other two were GT Leo Gaje and Tuhon Bill McGrath. That is elite company.

If you can train with him you should at all costs. And you're crazy if you don't do kali with him. Seriously.

Just to reiterate, Guro Gelinas is VERY well respected in the US PTK circles as both a technician and an athlete

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 11:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be afraid - be very, very afraid...

None of Philip's (frankly, damn impressive) credentials would mean a thing if the guy couldn't fight - but, hey - I wouldn't ever want to mess with him!

His students also compete successfully in all kinds of events: Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Dog Brothers, MMA.

He's the real deal. No B.S.

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 11:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Gelinas had a couple guys down at the ECC card in Moncton NB tonight. They went one and one I believe. I was getting ready to corner so I didn't see all of both fights. The one fellow I saw win, finished with a series of brutal knees, right up the middle in the clinch.

Phil was down to corner his guys and I got to chat with him briefly between fights. He was, as always a nice guy to talk to. Too corny to say sled-dog is cool? His guys are well coached and just as easy to get along with, I gave one a drive over to the venue from the hotel.
    Last edited by Caddock; 6/30/2006 11:51pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12