Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Learning ukemi is the simplest thing in the world. You either do it right, or it keeps hurting.
    theres conditioning for ya. its true. learn to do it right or the pain continues. also, i like to play with the more experienced guys, i learn more for starters and i know that even though ill get thrown more at least ill get thrown right. sometimes letting a new person throw me i think im going to come down on my head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 1:32pm

Style: Judo / Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right about the pain.

At first it hurt but as I fixed my technique it stopped hurting. However, every now and then I still screw up and end up hurting myself again. I just hope it gets to be more natural as I still have to think about it a bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 6:38pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realized that my grappling sucks ass, so in an effort to suck less i am looking for something to train in. and this tuesday i am going in for my first judo class at an "open house" day to check out the place and trainers.

Also i will ask if anyone there teaches Russian style judo and weird grips FTW

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, update. I've now found out how much I suck at Ukemi haha! It turns out i have this little mental twitch or something wherein if I'm falling to my left side I always tend to screw up. Instructors told me to just keep practicing the left side falls until they match the right and just learn to relax (my biggest problem).

We've gone over some locks already but the classes' ukemi sucks as a whole so no throwing yet.

I've been trying to find some other source of training as well since we only meet once a week for this class and I might have found a guy who trains individually but there is like no Judo schools in the midwest! INsanity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 4:43am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also a judo noob but on Monday night i got an hour and a half of one-on-one teaching from a 7th dan (previously ranked 2 in the world i believe) who needed a partner his own size as he is preparing for the world masters.

AWESOME!!!

I learned so much. My normal coach is also awesome but i dont normally get him one-on-one.

This isn't that relevant to this thread but I was dying to tell someone.:XXsunsmil

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 7:47am

Style: Nin Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OOOOOOoooooo I'ma gonna be starting soon. Classes start on the 7th of Oct cant wait!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 8:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting pretty awesome at Ukemi now! I've been spending 45min to an hour after class with the instructor just practicing my ukemi and the two standing locks we learned.

Hopefully he'll teach the class a throw soon :). I can't wait!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    ...... We've got some great coaches too, one of which was an Olympic Silver Medalist at the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000. Can't for the life of me remember his name, but I'll catch it again next class.......
    Ever find out who your coach is? It def isn't Bregman, Morris or Pedro. I don't know if Nick Gill moved to Phoenix but if this coach is a Silver medalist from Sydney as people have told you, it's got to be him. (unless he isn't North American)

Good training to you~
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234