Page 36 of 36 First ... 263233343536

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was indeed a blast. You know, they make sword-sized action flex high impact weapons...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Rhyos, that wasn't me mate. I don't think we were introduced, same with WalksWithBruce. Will make it a point next TD, we can do some furious foam fooming goodness. I've got enough of a background in FMA that I can at least hold the stabby stick by the non-sharp end!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, it wasn't as hard contact as it sounds by the cracks. I was just lazily swinging 30-40% kicks. My opponent told me he got all exited and switched into full when he finally got me on the ground, but oh well, he's like 18-20 & no harm done. It was fun.

One thing I learned: it's harder to pull people around and sweep them from underneath without gi grips, I guess I need to do some no-gi newaza at some point down the line.

Thanks for posting. I think my personal favorite striking of the day was me vs. Duncan first without headgear. It was supposed to be low intensity to warm-up, but was my most frantic paced sparring of the day.
    Last edited by maofas; 11/17/2009 5:02pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nooo my sucessful harai goshi of Southpaw isn't in the judo, just me getting wrecked over and over. Oh well, that throw sustained me for a good 3 weeks already of not throwing anyone in Judo, so I guess I got my throw's worth regardless.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. I actually hacked YouTube and edited it out!

SJ thanks for posting!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post

One thing I learned: it's harder to pull people around and sweep them from underneath without gi grips, I guess I need to do some no-gi newaza at some point down the line.
    Danny has been working the rubber guard with us because of this exact problem.

Page 36 of 36 First ... 263233343536