Pulling mount since '09
Posted On:9/02/2009 9:21pm
Style: jits da variedade brasile
Raleigh NC Fall 2009 Throwdown!
Oct 25th 4PM - ?6PMish
Where: 102 Brewer Lane, Carrboro NC 27510. Google Maps link. SifuJason's school website link. Facility where this will be held at link.
- VERY IMPORTANT! The TKD school which owns the facility is having a test immediately prior to the Throwdown. IT IS A PRIVATE TEST! Please do not show up too early and/or interrupt their test in any way, shape, or form. If you are early, be courteous and wait outside until SifuJason indicates it is OK to enter the building.
- All backgrounds and skill levels are welcome!
- Bring attire for both gi and no-gi training, however no one is not expected or required to do anything other than what they want to and are comfortable doing, and can find a sparring/rolling partner in agreement to conditions.
- Bring your own sparring gear! Some extra gloves and shin pads are available but don't rely on that. Don't forget your damn cup and mouthpiece!
- A $5 mat fee "donation" would be appreciated to defray some additional costs, but is not required. We're all going to be good guys and pay that though, right?
- NO SHOES! Period! They have nice custom mats and the facility owner has indicated shoes in any shape or form are absolutely not allowed.
- Food and drinks are OK. That said, I have read that it is a federal offense and a crime against humanity to grapple with Cheeto Fingers. Also, if you barf, you clean it up!
- Time permitting, after we are done, we will be heading to a local food establishment for some brews and eats!
REQUESTED EDIT BY IiF: Orignal content below.
Last edited by It is Fake; 9/26/2009 7:01pm at .
Walps. Might as well get this thread started.
This post will be updated with details when they've been finalized.
SifuJason, may we again impose on you to host this at your kwoon in Chapel Hill? Any particular date work well for you? Oct 17th or 18th maybe?
Local guys, this sound good for ya'll? Pretty sure this works out for Maofas and myself.
Non-locals are of course welcome as well.
Posted On:9/02/2009 9:31pm
Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple
Sundays work best for me, since it's not any extra rent and requires no coordination. Thus, the 18th, 1 pm?
And yup, we can use my place.
Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
Posted On:9/02/2009 10:01pm
Style: Combat Cuddling
I have fall break that weekend and my dad works up in Fort Bragg. So I may be up there visiting him that weekend and show up.
Posted On:9/03/2009 1:24pm
Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu
Oops - sent SifuJason a PM on this before I read the thread. Durh.
I'll mark it in my calendar and try to be there. The 17th is looking very promising for me. I look forward to meeting you all and rolling, despite my shoulder injury. My shoulder injury that hurts every fucking time I move my arm.
Posted On:9/03/2009 2:19pm
Note that it will probably be sunday the 18th, if that works for you.
Posted On:9/03/2009 2:32pm
Note that I suck at typing - I put the 18th in my calendar, though.
Posted On:9/03/2009 3:31pm
Style: BJJ, Wing Chun
I should be there too.
Posted On:9/03/2009 10:03pm
Um... so I am an idiot. My wife is taking me to Metallica that weekend. Thus, we can do it any other weekend in October; my bad. Let me know what works. Sorry folks (yes, I know, I'm bad).
Posted On:9/04/2009 8:21am
I vote for the 25th. I can't make it earlier in the month, and Halloween + Chapel Hill = nowhere to park + lots of dummies.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info