Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 7:56pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^You are a moron.

Learn to construct a sentence and then maybe I'll read your entire post of torrid horseshite.

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 9:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargentus View Post
    ^^^^You are a moron.

Learn to construct a sentence and then maybe I'll read your entire post of torrid horseshite.
    Thats a pretty stupid responce. Why dont you try getting your head out of your ass and then respond to me next time with something thats worth my time.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 10:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mider999 View Post
    Thats a pretty stupid responce. Why dont you try getting your head out of your ass and then respond to me next time with something thats worth my time.
    welcome to Bullshido Mider999.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 10:43pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your posts are not worth our time.

Get over yourself & your e-rage.

Sit the **** down and shut the **** up.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 10:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and when you fcks talk **** about Bruce Lee why dont you look up that He was one of the first people to bring up kickboxing.
    No, he was not.

Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:08am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People like you make me wanan vomit litarally.
    How interesting. I feel the same way when reading comments posted by the barely-literate.

You look at every other martial art that isnt MM freaing A and think oh it sucks. Why dont you stfu go down to the Dog Brothers gym get your ass kicked by people who study FMA for the real world then come back and apologyze. FMA isnt always about fancy techniques i dont even know what these fancy techniques your talking about. the FMA ive seen was alot of hammerfist, breaking a guys arm, punching him in the bicep, elbowing him across the throat, punching him in the ear, headbutts, more elbows.
    I started my arnis training in 1991, so just maybe I've seen a few things over the years. How long have you been training? How many completely unworkable disarms have you been taught? How many gunting combinations have you seen where they work as long as there's an appreciable pause between the jab and the cross? I've seen so much baroque **** in my time, that it occasionally makes me wonder if there's any FMA worth preserving.

There's a very good reason why the Dog Brothers stand out from a great deal of other FMAs, and it's not because they all get funny nicknames. I've got a great deal of respect for them.

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for staying on topic bro.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:30pm

Style: mostly FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breathe, Mider...

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/12/2010 3:42pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    I started my arnis training in 1991, so just maybe I've seen a few things over the years. How long have you been training? How many completely unworkable disarms have you been taught? How many gunting combinations have you seen where they work as long as there's an appreciable pause between the jab and the cross? I've seen so much baroque **** in my time, that it occasionally makes me wonder if there's any FMA worth preserving.

There's a very good reason why the Dog Brothers stand out from a great deal of other FMAs, and it's not because they all get funny nicknames. I've got a great deal of respect for them.
    Since '92 here, and I hate to say that I agree with most of this. It just makes me wonder how far things can get removed from combative application before systems as a whole become a joke. Sure, there is some good stuff in there, but why all of the contrived 20 step moves? How did this stuff even get in there in the first place?
    Last edited by Ryno; 8/12/2010 3:50pm at .

Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    8/13/2010 10:07am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    Since '92 here, and I hate to say that I agree with most of this. It just makes me wonder how far things can get removed from combative application before systems as a whole become a joke. Sure, there is some good stuff in there, but why all of the contrived 20 step moves? How did this stuff even get in there in the first place?
    <shrug> I see it as the natural expansion and contraction of a martial art - happens to all of 'em.

The tough-as-nails guys who made it through WWII, and the post-war era, needed to know how to hit someone hard and fast, and probably not much more than that. Subsequent generations who might not have had such a need for that bare-bones an art, and so extra material started creeping in. Some was good, some was meh, but without the filter that life in a warzone creates, nothing got thrown out as unworkable.

We see the same thing in arts like karate, where once a student might spend his entire martial career working with only 3 or 4 kata, because the idea that you had to know dozens just didn't make sense.

The tendency is to accumulate more knowledge, rather than weed out stuff that doesn't work so much. Who wants to be the guy who only knows 2 disarms? Whaddya mean you only practice 3 sinawali patterns? It's very difficult to step back and cut stuff out of the curriculum - usually it involves a guy wearing a fencing mask and hockey gloves whalloping the **** out of your skull.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17 LastLast